“Great hotel , wish it was closer” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AVANI Atrium Bangkok

You added AVANI Atrium Bangkok to your Saves list
AVANI Atrium Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1880 New Petchburi Road, Bangkok 10310, Thailand (Formerly Atrium Bangkok)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Rate start from 1,540
Ranked #66 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel , wish it was closer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is gorgeous , room was unbelievable for views .. Couldn't of asked for a better hotel, gorgeous food in the restaurant in the evening and reasonable price. Breakfast is manic however as it seems a lot of chinese stay here and they push and shove in the morning and it drove us crazy. Needs more organisation at breakfast.

The hotel is not really close to the main parts of Bangkok. We got stung coming from the airport so please do what I have recommended. From the airport get on the city line to Makasan. When here walk over to phetchuburi station it is only 5 mins. The hotel then do a free shuttle bus just outside at certain times of the day. 12.30pm , 15.30 pm are the two I remember.

If you want to get to the mainline "Siam" where you can pretty much get anywhere on the sky train. The hotel do a fee shuttle bus to phetchuburi station every hour from 6am and from here you will need to jump 2 trains to get to Siam. phetchuburi is about a ten mins walk to at night when you coming home it's not convinient. Taxi's are sooooo cheap but traffic is awful... ALWAYS get a taxi that turns its meter on though as you will get stung and NEVER ask them to take the highway as it always has traffic.

Chatachuck market is well worth a visit on a Saturday and Sunday and you can get a train from Phetchuburi station direct there without changes. Beautiful clothes... Save your shopping for this market as you can get pretty much anything at this market and it's cheap as its where everyone goes to but wholesale ....

MBK shopping mall is massive - staff there are rude and are only interested if your buying and get very rude with you when you don't wanna buy.

Grand palace - is spectacular to see but it is manic ... You can't move so don't do it in the blistering sunshine and go early so you can get out early.

Hotel though is amazing and the staff will do anything they are great .. Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I had stayed in this hotel few years back when It was Amari Atrium. Since I had a good experience with Avani Bentota, Sri Lanka, so I stayed in this hotel. Good Hospitality, Good food, Ample parking space, Spacious rooms. I had some problem with the room keys. but got it resolved. During peak time, the front office was under staffed.

Room Tip: Prefer a corner room.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here for two nights when I arrived in Bangkok for my first time in Thailand.
Its about 10-15 minute walk from the Petchaburi metro station and the Airport rail link station (Makkasan). From there you can get around all of Bangkok.
They have a shuttle from these stations but I didn't know this until after I stayed (doh). Maybe they could email you after you''ve booked with this information.
Check in staff were friendly and helpful as were most of the staff I encountered.
My room was spacious clean and modern.
There is wifi.
Breakfast buffet is immense! It's massive with so much choice for all nationalities! I also ate a burger at lunch and must say it's one of the best I've ever had.
I had a 2pm check out included in my rate which was handy as I was catching the night train. I was able to leave my bag and sit and have a drink in the cafe area until I was ready to go and then they got a taxi for me.
This hotel seemed popular with large groups of chinese people.
It's great value but may be a little bit out of the action for some as there isn't much around the hotel, but I think it's proximity to the tube makes up for it.
One tiny thing which annoyed me was the fact that I had put one of the complementary bottles of water in my fridge which contained the mini bar items, so it was cold when I came back. However someone had been in my room obviously to check if I had consumed anything from said mini bar and removed the water so when I got back it was warm. Seems a petty and pointless thing to do - It's like saying "you can have some complementary water but it's got to be warm because you can't use the fridge!.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

great hotel good located in easy to reach place in Bangkok
breakfast was very good and would recommend as a good family hotel
nearby Muslim market a good area for real tasty local food and local fruites

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Positives: 1.Excellent food 2.good ambience 3.very helpful bell desk.They will see to it that you get a good bargain while booking a taxi. 4.Rooms were quite spacious.
Negatives: Quite far off from the city and shopping centres.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here one night as a treat during our travels, and absolutely loved it. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, and the facilities are really good. We had the buffet dinner which was fresh, healthy and an excellent range of food. The swimming pool was small but very quiet and relaxing. With a great view of bangkok. Rooms were comfortable, modern and very clean. Definitely a 5 star experience for a reasonable price. Would definitely recommend. Only 10minute walk to sukhumvit metro.

Room Tip: Higher floor is better
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was a wonderful experience for us which made our Bangkok trip even more memorable. Fantastic staff, wonderful rooms awesome view frm the 11th floor room which I had. The hotel is very expensive but is worth the money spent. The breakfast spread is good with a lot of choices including indian food. Has a 7/11 right outside the hotel premises and an indian restaurant(zaika) right across the road. One major disadvantage is, it is far from most of the shopping areas and you have to hire a tuk-tuk or a cab to go to Siam, sukhumvit or pratunam...but apart from that I really can't find any cons. I had my 3 yr old son with me and the staff made it a point to keep him entertained while we had our meals.....overall a fantastic experience.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to AVANI Atrium Bangkok? Share your experiences!