“Superb experience in Amari Watergate” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive: Save 15% Now
Ranked #32 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 2,672 Reviews
Malaysia
“Superb experience in Amari Watergate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

During the chinese new year, my family, all together about 25 people went to bangkok for a short trip for 5 days. My best friend strongly recommended Amari Watergate at Bangkok to us. She said she knows the General Manager Mr Pierre Pelletier very well and he manages the hotel very well too. Going according to her recommendation, we did stay in Amari Watergate.

It was such a pleasant experience for our family. Firstly, staff there are very polite, always greet you with a warm smile. you would feel very warm and welcome over there. Secondly, environment, under the strong management team, led by Mr Pierre, was very clean, neat and pleasant. Thirdly, we are just normal travellers, not the rich and famous group. Mr. Pierre took the trouble to greet us during one morning. The impression of our stay there is really warm and welcoming. Needless to say, the rooms are affordable and super comfortable.

Will definitely stay in this hotel again should we visit bangkok again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reading, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

This hotel represents excellent value for money & is ideally located for the major designer shopping centres of Central World & Siam Paragon. I would say it is more of a business hotel than a tourist spot as it is some way from the major attractions of Bangkok. It would be more convenient for sightseeing etc to be based on the river.

Rooms are great, we had a deluxe room on 14th floor & it was very spacious with good bed & shower. Hotel offered a deal for breakfast on arrival & it was great value. All normal services you would expect for a large city centre 4/5 star hotel specialising in conferences etc.

Very helpful concierge staff & nice rooftop pool area, gym & spa on around the 6th floor.

"Bakery" for tea/ coffee/ cakes etc off main reception. Basement, American- themed bar offered a useful late "Happy Hour" between 11pm & midnight with 2 for 1 cocktails that served as a nice nightcap after getting back from dinner. Competent & good value in all areas is how I would characterise this hotel.

Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

We were not staying at that hotel. I was booking in a hurry and I booked another hotel nearby (Baiyoke Sky). But next time when we go to Bangkok we will stay at Amari. We had some troubles with eating. The street food stands were unacceptable for us, the system of booking of the buffet restaurants in our hotel (Baiyoke Sky) was so annoying and complicated that you could lose your appetite before you could get to the table. There were no decent restaurants around. Only fast food and some Japanese/ Chinese shops in Isetan and Central World Plaza. Actually we were really happy when we found a Thai restaurant in Amari. The hotel lobby is extremely cool, so great after a day in Bangkok. The staff was very helpful when we were asking about the restaurant. The restaurant is very quiet, clean and has a good choice of Thai food and the food was very nice and delicious, if you like Thai food. We were dining there all three nights that we had before our departure. The hotel is listed as five-star, but if you stayed at five-star in Europe, you will say the hotel Amari is more like 4+. I can judge only by seeing the lobby and restaurant because, as I mentioned, we didn`t stay at the hotel. But I am sure it is a much better place to stay than any other hotels in Bangkok. We will choose Amari next time, not Baiyoke Sky.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

This hotel is wonderfully placed around all the major shopping hubs of Bangkok.
A business like hotel and a busy one too.
Quite a comfortable hotel though.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

I had opportunity to stay twice in Amari Watergate.
1 week in January for business conference among a group of 200 pax.
2 times 3 nights in February as this was my 1 landing point as home to prepare my move to Bangkok.
1st stay went well and, even though I was anonymous among 200 pax, service was excellent, and a few staff members paying special attention to me (concierge go to buy cigarettes with small tip for exemple).
When I came back on my own 3 weeks later, many staff remembed me and gave me special welcome back attention.
The GM is everywhere, paying attention to everything to ensure smooth and professional services.
After having been travelling in Thailand for various trips more than 15 years, I would say that Amari Watergate does not reach prestige of higher hotels such as Shangri La for example. However it definitely provides excellent services for much more affordable package.
Really need to be seriously considered for painless trip in confortable atmosphere!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I have been staying ath the Amari Watergate for many years. In fact Iasked the resevation office just out of curiosity if they had a record of my stays and it turned out that I stayed there about 70 times, all stays added up it almost comes to one year. Amazing, that the service level has never dropped, although staff change, but they are friendly, helpful and efficient, which shows a consistent training on all levels. The rooms have been upgraded and refurbished, they are spacious and spotless clean.
The most impressive is the GM. Mr. Pelletier who has the gift of always being at the right spot at the right time. He is well visible, he talks to the customers, he always has a minute to ask how things are and it seems that he is working around the clock.
I will continue staying at the Watergate, it has become my home away from home and the staff really make me feel at home. It always a warm welcome back.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

Great 5 star hotel with gorgeous rooms the Size of room was comfortable. Shower and Bath very nice. No noise and the views very nice, great location near every major malls and places to go shopping,

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Been to Amari Watergate Bangkok? Share your experiences!