“Hotel accomodation and Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive: Save 15% Now
Ranked #51 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 2,688 Reviews
Muscat, Oman
“Hotel accomodation and Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I Have Been Staying In Amari Watergate for Several Years Sometimes Solo And Sometimes With Family And Friends.

Very Convenient Location, Superb Property, Very Excellent Services/Hospitality And Very Friendly Management/Staff.

I Travel All Over The World Several Times A Year Some For Business And Some For Family/Friends And Always Accommodated in 5 Star Hotels, I Always Adore The Hospitality Of Amari Watergate And I Call It Second Home.

I Wish If All The Hotels In The World Would Follow The Same Path As In Amari Watergate In Terms Of Hospitality, Services And Friendly Staff, Then We Will Have A Second Home All Over The World.

My Gratitude To Mr. Pierre-Andre Pelletier General Manager - Amari Watergate Bangkok And His Management Team/Staff Who Are Doing An Excellent Job And Following His Unique Style Of Management & Hospitality.

Hussain Al Balushi
Sultanate of Oman

Room Tip: All The Rooms In The Hotel Are Excellent And Which Every Location Is Worth The Value.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Islamabad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have stayed at the Amari whenever I visit Bangkok with the family for our vacation. Women would love the location of the hotel as it is right next to the Platinum and Palladium shorrping centers. Big C and Central World are only five minutes walk away while it is a twenty minute walk to MBK and Paragon which may be a challenge with small kids. The rooms are great and the service is exceptional with the staff extremely courteous and cheerful. The pool area is wonderful and my kids loved to splash in the pool all day. You can also walk over to the Indra area where great shopping waits.

Room Tip: Always go for the higher floors. The staff is also very accomodative. For regulafr travels, they alw...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Casper, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

The room was large, and the breakfast was amazing. The staff was very accommodating. We found a great tailor right down the street (if you go to the main road and take a right, it's a few blocks down) called Kashmiri Tailors. We got 3 suits and 7 shirts made in a day for around $650 USD. There is ton of great shopping around this hotel, so it's an ideal area to stay in. The Grand Palace and Temple of the dawn were about 20 minutes away by taxi.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Hollandami,
We would like to thank you for your kind words; we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your recent stay in our property and that our staff was able to deliver a memorable experience. As a shopaholic I can confirm that our hotel is very well located as we are steps away from many shopping centers, tailors and wholesales stores
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and do hope to host you again soon
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at Amari Watergate for a business event which our company organized for some clients. The staff is very helpful at all levels. Our special thanks to the F n B team and the GM for being super helpful. There was a big event at the grand ballroom and we did not want our event guests to feel less important by being overshadowed with the big event. With a bit of juggling of time, we managed everything super efficiently thanks to the hotel team.
The rooms are comfortable and clean. The location is close to malls for Branded as well as local shopping. Platinum, Indra, Central are great. The restaurant choices at Central are very good. Try Nara for Thai food. Excellent.
The Breeze spa at the hotel is excellent. much superior to the roadside spas people try in Thailand. Treat yourself for one treatment at least. I even tried the salon which was quick and professional.
Use the lounge if you choose to stay at the club floor. Great place for a drink or a business chat or just to soak in the busy bangkok views with a book and a coffee. The club floor staff is super efficient with technology to help you sort the connectivity issues if any. The lobby offers free internet for two hours daily to all hotel guests.
The breakfast is a good spread and also offers asian and indian fare with lots of fruits and eggs to order. The club lounge also offers continental spread. I would like coffee machines in the lounge as well as club rooms. Coffee could be better at breakfast.
In the days of internet bookings where everything is faceless it is great to see the management of the hotel talking to guests and looking after them. In a long time I have not seen GMs on the floor to this level and must say well done.
The room service order for dinner was perfectly delivered in good time with a well laid out table, and the portions are generous. worth dinning in if you have had a long day of work or shopping.
I will surely suggest you try this hotel and I will go back there. It is good for individuals as well as families and groups.
The lifts get busy at peak times, .... well it s a busy hotel.

Room Tip: I stayed in Deluxe room as well as Club floor. prefer the club floor due to use of the lounge which...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear BeaconMumbai

First of all thank you for selecting our property for your event. I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and your kind words about the service you received are much appreciated and I look forward to sharing them with the team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to your home in Bangkok

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently spent 9 days at my home hotel " Amari Watergate Bangkok " and I love it. I would never consider staying anywhere else in Bangkok. Fantastic location for shoppers with everything you could want at your doorstep, including great food. I am so spoilt by all staff every time I stay from the General Manager Mr Pierre-Andre Pelletier, who does an amazing job, and all staff from top to bottom, including my beautiful girls in the Executive Lounge. They are always helpful and are able to assist at all times, full of compliments and kind words. It was my birthday while I was there and they & others made it a very special one for me. Once again I used hotel facilities such as the pool, spa and salon, they are all great as are all restaurants and bars.
Thank you all once again for making my stay special ! Looking forward to my next visit very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Cherie O

WOW! I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our service, facilities and most importantly the smaller details that set us apart from other hotels and I am very thankful that you have selected our property for your special day.
We do appreciate your loyalty and we are all very much looking forward to hosting you soon in your home in Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

In overall the hotel is very good and its location is perfect for shopping. It is opposite of platinom shopping mall and 10 minuts away from the other famous malls. The bad thing is that there is no water pipe near the toilet so I had to use a bottle of water.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear buhafedh
First of all we would like to thank you for taking the time and reviewing our property, your comments are very important to us and please rest assured that your concern was addressed accordingly. At this time we have them available in our Grand Deluxe and Executive rooms and we are actively working on the matter.
Once again thank you for your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back as we would love for you to experience our newly renovated Grand Deluxe rooms or our famed Executive rooms
Mombasa, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The hotel is worth its star rating. Very clean, spacious rooms, with spacious bathrooms. The spa is worth every penny. The location is very central. Service and food execellant!!!! They even can organize sight-seeing tours.
Shopping, shopping and loads of shopping right at the door step. Looking forward to my next trip there in afew months

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jasmine a
Thank you for taking the time to you recent experience with us and I am delighted that you found the hotel to be the perfect blend of convenience, charm and personal service.
I am so pleased that your experience was fantastic from beginning to end and I do look forward to welcoming you back in a few months.
Nina

Been to Amari Watergate Bangkok? Share your experiences!