“If its Bangkok - it has to be the AMARI WATERGATE” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Limited Time Offer 15%
Ranked #53 of 778 Hotels in Bangkok
Cape Town, South Africa
“If its Bangkok - it has to be the AMARI WATERGATE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

What is in a name - the truth is that it is all in the EXPERIENCE! The AMARI WATERGATE experience! The mix of newly refurbished rooms, public areas and executive floors, the unsurpassed level of service and the great attitude of the staff - this was an all round experience I would love to rush back to. Located in the heart of buzzing mid town shopping with the Platinum Mall on its doorstep! Huge choice of on-property restaurants - THAI on 4 is a MUST for every visitor to Bangkok! Very hands on GM and executive staff! I cannot wait to get back there!

Room Tip: Executive Rooms include an amazing lounge with a newly refurbished outdoor garden. The corner suite...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (643)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Beerwah, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is our third stay at the Amari.On our previous trips we could not fault the hotel.The staff are always obliging and there for you.Our disappointment was the fact that after travelling we just wanted to get to our room and freshen up.The problem was our room was not even close to being ready.Check in time was 2 pm and we had to wait around in the lobby for 2 hours 4pm til the room was available.Not what we expected from this otherwise fantastic hotel.We have definitely left this time feeling different about the hotel and only time will tell if we stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear ozkiwi414
We are saddened to hear about your last experience in our property, please let me reassure you that your comments has been addressed and we do hope to have the chance to host you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stay in this hotel 3 times and the services never fail me. Last trip in June 2013, i left 1 key in the safe box and they arrange for the key back to Singapore. The staff even took note of my little boy birthday and gave him a small cake on his birthday. Highly recommended hotel. Staffs there are friendly and approachable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Nina S, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear friendsz,
Thank you for your loyalty and lovely remarks; I was delighted to read that you and your family have enjoyed your stay and that the key have reached its destination safely.
Again we really appreciate you taking the time out to write and we hope to welcome you back soon in our property.
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed here for a night (14 April 2013).

I was on a business trip and my company put me up at Asott (Sathorn road) however, I wanted a hotel that was more closer to the shopping strips as I extended one more nighht of my business trip to soak up bangkok’s vibrant city life.

I checked-in a little earlier but my room was not ready so I was asked to keep my luggage at the hotel. A little later, my room was ready. The room itself was huge, accompanying it was also a large bed. The toilet was inviting as well with a separate dry and wet shower area.

The hotel is just in front of Platinum Mall and another 5 mins walk, you are actually in the middle of Bangkok’s city.

I had dinner at the restaurant and enjoyed my tom yum soup very much. The next afternoon, I booked my airport transfer via the hotel and everything went smoothly.

For my next trip, I will definitely stay at this hotel.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kelvin84,

Thank you for your lovely words, I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay in our property. And I am even more delighted to know that you are keen on the Tom Yum soup which is one of my personal top favorite soups at our Thai on4 restaurant and do hope that during your upcoming visit you will have a chance to try our tasty papaya salad.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We have been coming to this hotel since 1996. It never disappoints.this year was our 25th wedding anniversary and its the little things that make it special eg flowers and swans on the bed special cake and gifts also everywhere we went in the hotel the wonderful staff wished us a happy 25th.we go to the Amari Watergate twice a year and everytime we are welcomed back like its our 2nd home which it has grown to become .thanks guys see you again soon

Room Tip: Executive suites are great
Dear maplepools,

On behalf of the Amari Watergate Bangkok team, we would like to extend once again our congratulations. We are very thankful that you have selected our property for your special day.
Your loyalty is very important to us and rest assured that your second home is patiently awaiting you for your upcoming stay and we all look forward to welcome you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Had organized my company meeting at this hotel. We were pleasantly surprised to have our meeting upgraded to new conference wing which had exclusive cosy sitting areas for small discussions & refreshments buffet area which was simply fantastic with chiller for fresh juice and gourmet coffee machines! I was lucky to be upgraded to executive floor and the rooms were beautiful and spacious. Had a chance to visit the executive lounge for a cuppa in the evening to soak in the lovely nite views and snack on light snacks!
Hotel is conveniently located next to good shopping Pratunam wholesale area and Platinum mall! Only critique will be the inefficiency or elevators which was a bane when hotel was running high occupancy. Other than that all impeccable ! Can't wait to come back for personal holiday wz family!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Jet4worknplay ,

We would like to thank you for your kind words, we are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your event in our property, especially our newly renovated meeting rooms. We took your comments regarding our elevators under consideration and will do our outmost to improve on their efficiency.

We really appreciate you taking the time to comment about our property and do hope to welcome you again soon

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed in Amari Watergate Hotel for 6 days and 5 nights to celebrate my wife's birthday from 26th June to 1st July. It is a very good hotel in Pratunam area. We arrived at the hotel in the afternoon by taxi. The friendly bell boy came to carry our luggage with a smile. Check-in was smooth. To our delightful surprise, we were upgraded to the grand deluxe room with a good view of Pratunam facing the Platinum Fashion Mall.

Room is a good size. We love the classic design and furnishings of the room. There is a a comfy sofa with coffee table and a large working desk. It is a pity the sockets do not have universal adaptors built in. However, you can easily get one from the hotel. Huge LCD TV with lots of channels, but there are quite a few in Thai (I was not able to change the language to English). Mini bar is well stocked, they even have a small freezer compartment. They also have a DVD player.

Bathroom is equipped with a separate shower and dual vanity basin. The placement of hangers for hand towels is a good touch. But the location of the fixture is a little inconvenient though, one is too near the corner of the basin. The shower room is a little small too if you are big sized. The bathroom door also dual functions as a door for the WC. My bathroom doorknob is spoilt, they installed another knob and lock fixture above my original door knob, which is kind of cool as you can close and open it without turning the knob.

The room is perfect if not for some minor drawbacks. I stayed in the old and non-renovated rooms. Therefore, age is starting to show on many of the furnishings and furniture. They are still well maintained despite their age. There is a ledge upon entering the bathroom which I always trip as it is not very obvious. They did put a sign to warn you though. The location is a little far from BTS stations, but it is still walkable if one desires. The traffic there is usually congested, taking taxi is quite a chore. On the good side, there are many good shopping malls around the area such as Platinum Fashion Mall, IT Plaza etc.

The service is exceptionally good. Staff is polite and attentive. I wish to commend the Concierge guy whom despite being very busy when I approached him, still took the time to draw a map and explain to me how to get to Erawan Shrine politely. When you call and request for things, items are delivered within 5 to 10 mins. Quick response time. Though they missed out a few items as I probably requested for too many items in one go.

I usually stay in Sukhumvit area when I visit Bangkok. But Amari Watergate is easily the best hotel you can find in Pratunam area. I would definitely visit Amari again if I decide to stay in Pratunam area. I will try their renovated new rooms next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SaurabhKukreja, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear OhKengSheng,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write your amazing review of the hotel with all the details. As a frequent Bangkok visitor we are delighted to hear you enjoyed the location and all the facilities of the hotel. I sense from your review that there may have been a few small services glitches, thank you for your patience and understanding on those points. Our team works tirelessly to ensure we can perfect all aspects of service at the hotel and by the looks of your response it seems we are nearly there. Your review is very encouraging.

I will be sure to pass your comments to concierge team and do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" here in Pratunam.

With kindest regards,
Saurabh

Been to Amari Watergate Bangkok? Share your experiences!