“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

FREE UPGRADE and more!
Ranked #36 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed at Amari Watergate a few weeks ago. It's very nice and from what I saw was one of the best in Bangkok. Right in the heart of things you could find anything you needed. The hotel was stunning and facilities very good although drinks from the bar were expensive.

• Stayed April 2013
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Jackie H,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and all the facilities. I have made careful note about the bar prices which I will relay to my Food & Beverage Director to discuss.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" here in Bangkok.

2,406 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (507)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Amari Watergate in Bangkok is a dream to stay in, with a top location right in the heart of the platinum district. The staff displays a high level of professionalism and a genuine enthusiasm to ensure each guest has a pleasurable and hassle free stay. The hotel is loaded with so many features and amenities it can be difficult to leave, the quality of the food was sensational Thai on 4 was superb and the buffet breakfast at the executive floor lounge was delightful. The pool area is big and spacious and well serviced by the pool bar. Both of our rooms and bathrooms had more than enough room lights, making life so much easier when you can see things. We are already planning our next visit and we wouldn’t hesitate highly recommending such a wonderful hotel to all of our friend’s

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear PaulLisa20,

Thank you for the glowing review on here. I waso so pleased to read you had an enjoyable stay with us and that everything from the welcoming staff, good food choices, rooms and pool area all contributed to this.

I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the team. We are very grateful for you for taking the time to write and for your recommendation to friends. It's also brilliant to hear you are planning your next stay and I guarantee a warm Amari Watergate welcome awaits you here at your "home" in Bangkok.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Michael Borovina Australia
April 2013 I stopped on my return leg from the UK at the Amari Watergate Hotel. This is seriously the best value 5 star hotel in Bangkok. I stayed once again on the Executive level & would highly recommend you give it a try. The newly refurbished Executive rooms & lounge are first class & well worth the small premium you pay over the standard rooms. The location, staff & facilities are all excellent & kept in immaculate condition. Although this is a city hotel it has the feel of a resort hotel - so much so that we will be spending a few weeks at The Watergate over the christmas break [all rooms are oversized for a city based hotel]. Take my advice if you are stopping of in Bangkok dont waste your time looking at other hotels, go straight to the Watergate!

Room Tip: Definatelly the Executive level although the standard rooms are excellant value & well worth a t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear michael b,

Thank you for your amazing review of the hotel and for the many kind compliments you have paid to the team, it was great to read how you are enjoying the newly refurbished Executive floors and lounge. I will be sure to pass all your kind compiments to the team.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to your "home" here and enjoying the festive season with us.

London England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you arrive at the airport and whisked away in the hotel limo to the moment you leave the service and hospitality is designed around you... in such a frantic vibrant city it really feels that you are floating on air as everything is arranged with your comfort in mind. The exclusive Executive Floor offers home from home hospitality The staff here from the General Manager, who personally came to introduce himself to us,to the cleaning staff all create rapport and build relationships with their guests... and it is this that defines great hospitality. The Executive Floor provides unobtrusive attentive service, a wonderfully extensive breakfast freshly prepared with different options from around the world offered each day...and after a hectic day in the city the Lounge offers a refreshing drink and extensive pre dinner canapés..enough for a full meal should you wish! You are always addressed by name and your host will arrange anything you need throughout your stay .. often before you have to ask!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear aloisW8,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was so pleased to read you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that the service on the Executive Floor and Lounge was a particular highlight. I totally agree, it is great to have that calm oasis to return to after the hustle and bustle of the busy city here.

I will be sure to pass your kind word to all the team and Mr Pelletier, our General Manager who leads the team from the front and sets the tone for the service level in the hotel.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I did expected a lot more from a 5 star, must have been very busy, noone opened the door or helped with suitecases, till it was noticed we were struggerling, also two mornings ran out of coffee for breakfast, ran out of som e of the food and it was always barel;y warm very disappointed and have stayed in Bangkok a lot would not recommend. Happy hour at the bar did not include wine, the cocktails were so weak and full of ice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Noreen H,

Thank you choosing the Amari Watergate for your recent visit to Bangkok. I was very disappointed to read of your experience and I would like to sincerely apologise for the shortfalls which occured. This is definetly not indicative of our normal high standards.

You should also be greeted at the door and your suitcases taken from you, and breakfast can be a busy time but all items should be replenished effeciently. I will speak to our Food & Beverage team and Front Office team regarding these incidents and ensure they do not happen again.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write, I am sorry we did not leave a more positive impression but I will assure you we take all relevant feedback seriously and we action wherever possible to improve the guest experience.

We would relish the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel so we can show you how great the Amari Watergate experience can be.

Yours sincerely,

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent 3 weeks at Amari Watergate in March and once again it did not let me down. I have stayed here many times for many years and each time I am spoiled more than the last. The hotel manager, Pierre, and his staff, out do themselves everytime to make sure I am extremely well taken care of at my home away from home. This personal level of service I have never found at any other hotel anywhere. The recent upgrade is beautiful. I stay on executive floor with use of the executive lounge and the staff here remember everytime what I like to eat and drink, this along with their "Can Do" attitude is truly amazing. The hotel has a great salon and spa and all the facilities and eateries are very good. Fantastic location, with a wide variety of shopping and food at your doorstep. I would never stay anywhere else in Bangkok !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Cherie O,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is so nice to hear our loyal guests referring to us as a "home from home". We are delighted that you had another wonderful stay with us and that all the team especially on the Executive floor, spa and salon all took great care of you. I was delighted to hear you approve of the new look on the Executive floors also.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and we look forward to welcoming you back "home" very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed at the Amari Watergate last week for 5 nights and my experience was amazing.
The rooms are well appointed. Restaurants, especially Thai on 4 was superb! The buffet breakfast at the executive floor lounge was well spread. The concierge - very helpful.
The hostess - very warm, The house keeping - keeps your room very clean at your convenience and not barges in to just finish their work..

But what I liked the most was everyone in this hotel from the General Manager to the Doorman has the same attitude - we care!! and tries hard to make you feel special.

Room Tip: higher floors have superb views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear ManiRoyal,

Thank you for you amazing review of the hotel. It was wonderful to read what a great experience you had with us and that the all the team from housekeeping to the Executive Lounge, the guest rooms and ThaiOn4 restaurant all contributed to this.

Thank you especially for your kind comment about how we care, as "care" is a huge core value for us here at Amari, so it's lovely to have that recognised by our guests. Our General Manager Mr Pelletier is fantastic and leads by example always.

We really appreciate you taking the time out to write and I sincerely hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back "home" again.

With warmest regards,

Ciaran Brazil

Been to Amari Watergate Bangkok? Share your experiences!