“Great location to savour Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars

Exclusive: Save 15% Now
Ranked #49 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 2,682 Reviews
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Great location to savour Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Friends of mine have often commented that they can’t really get a good feel for Bangkok with a stay of only a few days. First experience can lead to it being a “Love it” or “Hate it “ type of City.
One of the reasons for this is that they may make the wrong choice of location for their accommodation.
The Amari Watergate is in the perfect location. Central in the Pratunam district in the heart of the most varied and vibrant shopping and street market area. You will find yourself popping in and out of the hotel to visit, stalls, covered markets, department stores and restaurants. All within a few minutes walk which is important in 30+degree heat.
Back in the Hotel you will find friendly and efficient staff. Spotlessly clean rooms and public areas throughout. Good sized, well appointed rooms and bathrooms.
I have always found the Amari showers to be second to none.
What will make your stay so enjoyable is that the Hotel is managed so actively from the top down and this generates a great team effort by the staff to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear M44SEL,

Thank you for your glowing review of the hotel. It was lovely to read your take on the property and I wholeheartly agree with you, if you get the right location it definetly can make or break your Bangkok experience.

Obviously I am delighted we fall into the positive side for this and that you found our product and most importantly our service met and hopefully exceeded your expectations.When it comes to service, Mr Pelletier our General Manager most definetly leads the hotel from the front and this in turns cascades down throughout the team.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write and I do hope we will be welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok in the not too distant future.

With warmest regards,

Ciaran Brazil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

My recent stay at Amari Watergate was with many challenges: super peak (Chinese new year), large group (was there was my family of 8) and bad planning (in our part).

But I have to say the team at Amari saved the day.

Specifically Mr. Tom(orn Onsawai), Assistant Manager, Concierge.

His patience and honesty, not to mention his ability to direct his guest to the most obscure, but the best kept secret in Bangkok, on where to eat, shop and any request under the sun, made the trip work.

Tom, thank you, not just for saving the trip.

Cheers!

• Stayed March 2012
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear SIngaporetravel2013

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that our team stepped up to the mark and especially Khun Tomorn, who always does his very best to ensure our guests are happy.

It is always hugely appreciated when our guests take the time to write and highlight some of our stars. Thank you once again and I do hope we will be welcoming you back to the Amari Watergate in the not too distant future.

Ensenada, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Only hotel I have stayed in Bangkok, but didn't need to look any further. I was upgraded to an executive floor, and wow, what a beautiful room. The breakfast lounge with personalized table stations was impeccable. Would recommend Amari hotels anywhere, as I stayed in the Phuket property during a remodel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear globetrotter60,

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay and that the hotel has become your preferred choice when in Bangkok. I was pleased to see you enjoyed the Executive floor and view from the lounge which have proven even more popular since their recent refurbishment.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I will be sure to pass your kind words to all the team. I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your home in Bangkok.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Great hotel, great stay for few days. Very good service and friendly staff. If you need any assistence they help you very good and nice. The breakfast buffet is the best i have ever had in Bangkok big hotels. I will be back in this hotel next when time when i come to Bangkok.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. There are smoking and non smoking so better choose the non smoking.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Corinneke,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay and that certain aspects such as the breakfast options and most importantly the friendly service contributed to this.

Your kind words are appreciated and I will be sure to share them with the team. I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your " home" in Bangkok.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We recently stayed at Amari Watergate for four nights with our two children (7 years and 18 months). This was our first visit to Bangkok and we felt this hotel was perfect for location and facilities for a family. It is situated centrally in Bangkok just opposite the big Platinum Fashion Shopping Mall. We stayed in a Grand Deluxe room on floor 27 which was very clean and spacious and had great views of the city. The room comfortably accommodated an extra bed and baby crib. Breakfast buffet was outstanding with a wide variety of choices to cater for young, fussy eaters. The hotel had a very nice swimming pool on the 8th floor with a good bar and outdoor dining options. Amari have a great children's menu so the kids can have an early dinner by the pool while the parents relax with 2-for-1 cocktails during happy hour. There is also a very large expanse of outdoor grassy area on the 8th floor where children can run around and burn off some energy. Very hard to find this kind of area in busy, downtown Bangkok but great after returning from a long day of sightseeing and sitting in busy traffic jams. We mostly took taxis everywhere which were cheap, safe and easy to travel around in. The Breeze Day Spa is amazing. Definitely worth a visit during a stay here. There are a few tailor shops on the 3rd floor. We had some business shirts and pants tailored within three days and the price and quality were great.
Overall, another outstanding hotel by Amari. Perfect base for a family shopping/sightseeing trip to Bangkok. Highly recommend a visit to Chatachuk weekend market and Amazing Bangkok Cycling Tours.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Touralot4,

Thank you for your brilliant review of the hotel. I was so pleased to hear that your whole family enjoyed their experience with us and that there was something for everyone whether it be good breakfast choices, some pampering in the Breeze Spa or the 8th floor garden to ensure all the childrens unused energy gets burned up!

I was also pleased to hear you availed of the tailors service on the 3rd floor and I will pass you on your kind remarks.

I am delighted that we proved such a great base for you in Bangkok and thank you once again for taking the time to write. We really do appreciate it. I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you all back to your "home" in Bangkok.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

After reading a lot of good reviews the actual stay in the hotel seemed to be a bit of a let down. We stayed at Amari Watergate for three days en-route to Krabi. The location of the hotel is convenient and the rooms are comfortable but the stay experience was a bit impersonal and distant.

The hotel is very close to major shopping areas and has a good overall ambiance. We booked two rooms which were large and nicely furnished. The food was generally of a good standard and specially the in room dinner that we ordered way past midnight on our arrival was excellent. The complimentary breakfast spread was nice and offered good choice of various cuisines. There were however a few niggles that we faced during our stay,

1. The lock of the bathroom door of one our rooms wasn't functional and despite repeated complaints nothing really happened. In fact a lady from house keeping who came to attend my complaint almost jumped to close the tap of the bathtub instead of checking the lock (as if the guests are not supposed to use the bathtub in the hotel!). Then (to my utter dismay) she tried to demonstrate me the way to operate the door lock! Finally she found the problem and left with a promise to send a maintenance person who never turned up during all the three days we stayed.

2. On asking for sugar, the housekeeping person came up with a few sugar sachets in her hands and simply pushed them in my hand with an irritable look, as soon as I opened the door. It was really a big shock to see such untrained and rude staff.

3. There was absolutely no interaction with any other staff even during check out and we really felt the place to be unwelcoming and impersonal.

For the money we spent, I am sure there are many other hotels with better warmth and service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Manniagni,

Thank you for choosing the Amari Watergate for your recent stay in Bangkok and for taking the time to write your review. Firstly, I would like to focus on the positive elements such as the location, quality of rooms, breakfast and room service dinner, I was pleased to read that these areas were up to expectation for and during your stay.

I was very disappointed to read that our staff were not welcoming and quite distant, as a large property we always put such a strong focus on creating that home from home experience for our guests and I was sorry this was not the experience you received. With regard to the broken lock ans the team member in housekeeping being rude to you, for this I offer my sincerest apologies as there is never a need or a place for rudeness in our industry and we as a rule do not tolerate it. The team member in question will be spoken too as I agree this is not acceptable.

I really would like to reassure you that this really is not indicative of the normal high standards in service and we would relish the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel to show what a great experience our guests normally depart with.

I do hope you will give us that chance.

Yours sincerely,

Volos, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Amari Watergate has been my first hotel in Bangkok and Thailand. Excellent, especially the suites, with good ratio, value4money. Situated in a strategic for tourists area of Bangkok, very well served by taxis, moto-taxis, tuk-tuks has a great restaurant, very good spa and amazing reception-lobby.

Room Tip: The higher floors offer excellent view of this huge metropolis in S.E.Asia. I recommend rooms that o...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Dear APOSTOLOS-RAPHAEL

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. It was great to read so many elements worked for you including the location, reception/lobby and the accommodation was value for money.

We really appreciate you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to the Amari Watergate again.

Ciaran

Been to Amari Watergate Bangkok? Share your experiences!