“A great and superb hotel for stay in Bangkok!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Exclusive: Save 15% Now
Ranked #53 of 768 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“A great and superb hotel for stay in Bangkok!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

My friends and I stayed over in Amari Watergate Bangkok during our shopping trip in End November. We stayed in the Executive Rooms which entitled us for privileged check-in services, excess to the executive lounge for breakfast and drinks, and all the hotel facilities like the gym, swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna room.

The newly renovated lobby was very grand and nice upon our arrival in the evening.
The services provided by the front-counter and concierge was great. Their response were very fast whenever we called for help for our room.

As expected, the rooms is very spacious for us and most importantly, the toilets were very clean also. I'm named a 'Clean-Freak' by my friends, boyfriend and family. So, if i had 'passed' the toilet in terms of the hygiene and cleanliness of it, it definitely is clean.

Breakfast choices on the executive lounge and 4th Level were quite good as well.
We went to the sauna, steam room and gym on the 3 night as we were very guilty of all the sinful food that we had consumed over the 3 days in Bangkok! All the street foods were superb and delicious that we prefer it over the food in restaurants! haha!

Lastly, not forgetting to mention that the hotel location is right smack in the central of the shopping places! It will only take you approx 5 mins to Pratunam Market and Platinum Mall. And roughly 10mins to Central World if you intend to shop in those departmental stores (Naraya is there too!)

On the last day when we were leaving, all of us were dragging ourselves down to the lobby as that marks the end of our holiday! All of us were very satisfied with the hotel rooms and services provided by the staffs. And we will definitely be back there for our next trip in Bangkok! :D

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear GermaineMinnie,

What a fantastic review of the hotel. We were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that all aspects, the Executive rooms and lounge, the leisure facilities and restaurants were all to your satisfaction. I was especially pleased to hear we passed your " clean" test.

Most importantly it gives us great pleasure when we hear how well the staff looked after you as this is always the difference between being good and great. I will be sure to pass all of your kind compliments to the team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and I hope we will be welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok in the not too distant future.

Ciaran Brazil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (580)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

been here 8 times over the last 6 years all i can say is the manager has excelled in every aspect in the executive dinning area and rooms which has been refurbished to a very high standard and always maintaned every couple of hours the staff from the check in desk to room service are very polite and profesinal the resturant and food is to a very high standard. ialso wouldlike to thank mr pierre for his good taste and extra speical treatment he gave me.this hotel is in the centre of pratunam and is perfect for thoose shopping trips but also perfect for that extra special relaxing first class break

Room Tip: executive rooms the best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the hotel. We were delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that we have continually improved each time.

It was great that you had the chance to experience the new Executive rooms and lounge, we are also very pleased with how the refurbishment has turned out. Mr Pelletier ( Pierre) is most definetly a great ambassador for the staff here leading from the front always when it comes to care and the best service for our guests. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to him and to all the team here.

Once again, a very big thank you for taking the time to write and I hope it will not be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" here in Bangkok.

Ciaran
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The amari was highly recommended to me by a friend that travels frequently to Thailand, in the weeks before we left we could have changed hotels and stayed at the shangri la for similar cost,but on advice from friend stayed put, but boy do we wish we changed.
We arrived very late at night and went up to our non smoking room only to be overwhelmed by cigarette smoke as we walked in, we immediately turned and walked out walked back down to reception and asked to change rooms, which was arranged, however no further help with our luggage going up to the room, we had to take our own luggage back up.
Beds are rock hard not just firm(I love a firm bed normally!) extremely uncomfortable.
The following day we arrived back to our room and although the room had been serviced it was very poor, dirty drinking glasses not washed up, drinking water not replaced, only one cake of soap to use between shower and sink,, with no replacement provided. The next day we arrived back in our room at 4.30, drenched after being caught in a downpour with a room that had not been serviced, no clean towels to shower with, housekeeping arrived soon after and we had to leave the room while they serviced it.
We ran out of toilet paper in the middle of the night there was no spare anywhere, we had to use tissues, now this would be ok for a 2-3 star hotel but for a hotel that is 5star it is not good enough.
We also were meant to get a fruit plate and tea on arrival, we asked about it and later that day a plate arrived with an apple and one other piece of fruit(which I'm. It sure what it was) we did get a complimentary bottle of wine as a result of a complaint but we would have preferred service from the beginning.
The rooms are tired looking but ok, free wireless internet, breakfast was fairly good, with good staff, we and very slow service one day in the cafe but ok service the next.
The hotel was in a good location but I think there is better options in the area for the cost.
I was looking forward to staying at the amari but was unfortunately disappointed, we stayed in two other 5 star hotels in Thailand that week which were fantastic. While the hotel is ok, the service needs to pick up, because there are better hotels for the money

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear gogo65,

Thank you for choosing Amari Watergate for you recent stay in Bangkok. To look at the positive first, thank you for your comments about the breakfast staff and in Cascade ( lobby restaurant). this is greatly appreciated and your kind words will be relayed to them.

I was however very sad to read of the general experience you had during your stay, especially with housekeeping and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies. This level of service really is not indicative of the normal standards we apply and I can assure you that we will address all the issues raised to ensure a situation like this does not reoccur again.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write and for being very constructive with your feedback, it is appreciated. I really do hope you will consider giving us another chance as we would relish the opportunity to show you how great Amari Watergate normally is.

Colombo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We decided to stay at Amari Watergate, based on the recommendations given by other travelers on Trip Advisor, and we were in for a treat. We booked 02 Executive Rooms and it was fabulous. The bathrooms were spotlessly clean. it had a separate shower and bath. A bidet shower as well. The rooms were perfectly clean and the beds extremely comfortable. Breakfast at the Executive lounge was excellent. Food ordered on room service was fresh and delivered promptly in 30 minutes by helpful and friendly staff. We ordered the Fried Rice 'Yangchow' style from the Chinese restaurant Hechinrou and were not disappointed as all.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. They went out of their way to make us comfortable.

The only downside perhaps would be the wi-fi speeds in the rooms.

All in all if you want a comfortable stay in Bangkok, look no further.

Location wise it couldn't get any better, if you want to shop. Amari Watergate is located right in front of Platinum shopping mall and walking distance to MBK, Paragon, Big C, Central World and even Pratunam.

Thank you Amari for the making our stay away from home, so wonderful.

Room Tip: Best Rooms are on the executive floors. It has fab views of Bangkok.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Chaya28,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that so may aspects of the stay were to your satisfaction from the newly refurbished rooms to the quality of the food.

I was especially pleased to read that our staff were so friendly and took great care of you. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all the team here.

Thank you for taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to the Amari Watergate again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Certainly not a five star, I find service levels unsatisfactory.
Room was not ready at the time of check in, though it was informed earlier about my arrival time. I had wait for 45 mins to get the room, the normal check in period took too long. I found staff was either not effective to handle loads or staff was less difficult to tell. Room service was also poor, I had to wait for more than one hour to get the drinking water.

May only recommend due to location of the hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Prashant S,

Firstly thank you for choosing the Amari Watergate for your recent visit to Bangkok. On the positive, I was pleased that the location worked well for you.

I was however very sorry to hear of your experience otherwise and I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that the great service which we are normally well known for did not occur during your recent stay. I would like to reassure you it is not indicative of the high standards that normally apply. The service issues are being addressed to ensure this does not happen again.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to write your review which was very constructive. I do hope that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back to the Amari Watergate where we would relish the chance to show you how right we normally get it.

Zürich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

One more time I had the privilege to stay with Amari Watergate Hotel. Very nice room (exec floor), soft and light colors, very relaxing atmosphere. Bathroom has just the proper size, not to big not to small, ceiling shower in addition to the regular shower (I love this feature)
Very nice breakfast buffet on the 32nd floor with numerous and quality ingredients.
As usual with Amari, the service and courtesy is very nice, professional and friendly at all levels, from the bellboy to the management, everybody is committed to customer service.
Thanks to all staff members who made my short stay most enjoyable and many thanks to all others who make the "ship floating and running" electricians, back office staff, laundry etc etc

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Pierre5610,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It gave us all great delight to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I was delighted to see you enjoyed the new Executive rooms, we are very pleased too in how they have turned out.

Most importantly though, it was your kind words about the team and service which we most appreciate, it is always a great boost to the team to hear when someone has taken the time to write and to receive such positive comments.

Once again a huge thank you from all of us here at The Amari Watergate and we look forward to welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

If you want to thoroughly enjoy this hotel book into the Executive Rooms. They have been newly renovated and they give you access to the Executive Lounge. The Executive Rooms have very comfortable bathrooms and ample bedroom spaces. Until they are renovated, DO NOT book into the Grand de Luxe or De Luxe rooms. They are anything but grand. The toilets look old and run down. Do take advantage of the Executive Lounge at the 32nd floor. Take your breakfasts there because that area has also been newly renovated. We liked that better than the 4th floor main restaurant and regular dining area. The Executive Lounge is very private and the food choices are great. One also has a breathtaking view of Bangkok. From 5-7 pm daily, there is happy hour with free drinks and snacks. The internet works better at the PCs at the Lounge. Can't say we are happy with the wi-fi in the bedrooms. They are very slow.

Room Tip: The Grand de Luxe and the De Luxe rooms really need renovation. Avoid them. Book into the Executive...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Jack Tee,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the comforts of the Executive floor and lounge and all the benefits which come with it.

I was sorry to hear the other room categories were not up to your standards. At Amari we appreciate our product needs to be continually refreshed, this is happening but as you can understand for a hotel of this size, this needs to be done in various phases, the first one being the Executive floors which you enjoyed so much. With that said, our guests in general still enjoy the comfort of our spacious Deluxe and Grand Deluxe rooms in their current decor.

Onca again, thank you for your constructive feedback, we really do appreciate and I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Ciaran Brazil

Been to Amari Watergate Bangkok? Share your experiences!