“Two 60+ ladies” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 757 Hotels in Bangkok
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Two 60+ ladies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The staff are all, without exception, friendly and helpful and we would highly recommend staying at the Amari Watergate. We stayed in an Executive room which allowed us the privileges of the Executive Lounge where we thoroughly enjoyed the breakfasts and evening 5-7 cocktails and snacks. We especially enjoyed the Thai-on-4 Restaurant but tried out all the others too. We had a blissful foot massage at the spa. The beds and pillows were very comfortable and we were unaware of any neighbours. The large lobby was cool and inviting after a long, hot day's walking. The General Manager, Mr Pierre Pelletier, was always around ensuring that his guests were happy and comfortable. The only slight problem was the bedroom cupboard which could have been more spacious with extra shelves.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Linda G,

What a wonderful review of the hotel. i was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. It was also great to hear that you tried so many of the facilities of the hotel from the restaurants and spa, your kind comments about staff friendliness are warmly received and I shall be sure to inform Mr Pelletier who in turn will share the comments with all the team.

The Executive floor and lounge as you will have noticed have been recently refurbished so it was great to hear you enjoyed the peace, comfort and personal service it offers.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write, it's a great boost to us all to read and I hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok again.

Ciaran Brazil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (557)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

What I love about this hotel is that you're exactly at the center of shopping areas. The hotel is right across Platinum Mall and right beside Pratunam. When you exit the hotel and turn right, you'll be passing by a lot of shopping centers and there are a lot of awesome street foods along the way. If you want to go to IKEA, you just need to take a cab (about 20 minutes) and it will only cost you 70 baht. Siam Paragon and MBK Mall are walking distance as well (10 to 15 minutes walk).

Just a heads up! Make sure you have your toothbrush with you. The hotel doesn't have any :)

Overall, this hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear BMan888

Thank you for your great review of the hotel. I am really pleased to hear the location in particular works so well for you. There is definetly no getting away from the shopping malls here!

We are incredibly grateful for you taking the time to write and for recommending us so highly. Your kinds words will be relayed to the whole team here.

I do hope it won't be too long before we are welcoming you back to the Amari Watergate where a warm welcome awaits you.

SG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Amari Watergate has always been my hotel choice whenever I head for Bangkok. The location as as well as level of service have always been a major draw for me. My recent stay indeed reinforced my belief in the commitment Amari Watergate offers to its guests. Mr Pierre Andre Pelletier (General Manager) and his team proves to me that it is only with a great leadership that a hotel is able to provide excellent service team for its guests. Upon reaching Amari Watergate on 3 October 2012 on a wet night, the level of attention showered by Ms Paveena, Assistant Executive Floor Manager, really warmed up the night. Throughout the stay, she always greet and smile whenever we met. During breakfast on 4 October 2012, we informed the restaurant's staff, Mr Pantakarn that we would like to have tea and mocha to go with the breakfast. And for our subsequent 3 days at breakfast, he would come up to us and remembering our orders correctly. Many 5 stars hotels provide the amenities to its guests but it is with such value-added personalized service that will put Amari Watergate to the next level.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Moochi_Q,

What an wonderful and glowing review of the hotel. It gave us all great pleasure to read of our experience at the hotel and that the service level offered was above and beyond your expectations.

Mr Pelletier most definetly leads from the front when it comes to service and I was delighted to read that Khun Paveena and Khun Pantakarn stood out for their efforts which are duly noted and will be shared with them and the rest of the team.

We work hard to offer our guests the best experience so to receive a review like yours is a great boost to all the team.

We are extremely grateful for you taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Ciaran
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Just got back from a two night stay at the Amari Watergate in Bangkok en route to a longer stay on one of the Thai islands. We absolutely loved our stay here & were very impressed at the quality of the hotel. The location is great for the shopping malls&transport links to the more cultural hot spots. There are plenty of restaurant choices in the hotel but some good options for authentic street food is just a short walk away. We arrived at the Amari &were very impressed by the stunning entrance hall&lobby. Upon check in we were upgraded to a deluxe grand room on the 27th floor with stunning panoramic views over the city. The room was spacious &comfortable with both shower cubicle and bath tub and good selection of amenities. Shortly after arrival in our room, our luggage was delivered by the porter along with a bottle of champagne& an anniversary cake! It was a lovely touch that made our stay at the Amari very memorable. Breakfast was also very impressive with every international taste catered for. Staff were friendly & very helpful. Even though we only had a short stay at the Amari , I fit in a quick session in the sauna & was impressed by the facilities in the wellness area & the pool terrace in general.
The Amari Watergate is an impressive hotel in the heart of Bangkok's retail district that gives you an impression of Asia's glittering future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Jooster1983

Thank you for your fantastic review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you experienced so many aspects from the wellness area, breakfast.

I was also pleased to hear we knew it was your anniversary as we all appreciate these special occasions being marked.

Your kind comments will be relayed to all the team.

I was particularly taken with your final quote, Asia is mot definetly looking forward to a glittering future and I am very pleased that you included us in that.

Thanks again for taking the time to write and I do hope it won't be long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel infrastructure is very pleasant - good looking facilities.

The executive level rooms are pretty good - and comfortable.

The level is questionable in cases. They tore my shirt and tried to say it was like that when I sent it down (forgetting that they had actually washed it first, and probably tore it in the process), management did try to resolve in the end which was appreciated.

the executive lounge charges for soft drinks! I have never found this in any executive lounge (okay, they all mostly charge for alcohol but you expect that) which I think is a mistake - what did we pay for the lounge for anyway?!

The Spa was somewhat disappointing - even though they have just renovated it. it is not next to the hot tub, steam room and sauna so you have to walk across the pool deck to get to it which seems a bit of a strange design.

The restaurants are pleasant but the service level is a bit lacking and they got our drinks messed up so I ended up with an alcoholic non-alcoholic cocktail and my colleague ended up with the non-alcoholic alcoholic cocktail!!

I will stay there again - but I think they need a little bit better control of the service level.

Room Tip: Executive level has great rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ciaran B, Manager at Amari Watergate Bangkok, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear TRAXUK

Thank you for your kind review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that for the most part your stay was enjoyable and that you would return on a future visit.

I am terribly sorry for the service issues you encountered during your stay, I would like to assure this really is not indicative of our normal standards and we will address all incidents case by case to ensure this does not reoccur. Sometimes unfortunatelythings do go wrong but for us the important thing is how we address and educate our team to give them the confidence to avoid a repeat of the incident.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write, your feedback has been constructive, relevant and helpful. I do hope it won't be too long before we will see you back at the Amari Watergate where a warm welcome awaits you.

Netanya, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My second visit at this hotel, this the second time I was upgrade to the executive floor and got an amazing swite with jacuzzi and to toilets room, living room and bed room, big cabinet. The breakfast at the lounge on the 32 floor was 10x and the view from this height is great. I will definetely will come back to this place. Great location.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear AssiW.

Thank you for your email. I am delighted to to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you enjoyed the upgrade to the suite.

We are very pleased with the new Executive rooms and lounge and it was great to hear you enjoyed the personal service and breakfast here each day.

Thank you for taking the time to write, it is greatly appreciated and I hope it will not be long before we are welcoming you back to your "home" in Bangkok.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Restaurant manager Pui or Nattariya Rattanatisoi and her team at the Promenade Restaurant in the hotel, gave superb service. Nothing was too much trouble or effort. They assist where ever they could and always with a smile.
In overall the hotel management and staff is great.
I have allready recommended friends to visit the Amari Watergate and will when visiting Bangkok stay at the Amari again.
Well located.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Leopardestelle,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am delighted to read that the staff and management of the hotel took such good care of your during your recent visit, especially Khun Pui & Khun Nattariya , I will be sure to share your kind words with them and to the team.

Thank you also for recommending us to your friends, we greatly appreciate it. Personal recommendations from friends counts for so much and I hope we will not just be welcoming yourself, but your friends also in the near future, where a warm Amari Watergate welcome awaits you.

Ciaran Brazil

Been to Amari Watergate Bangkok? Share your experiences!