We had a two night stay 17th and 18th november unhappy with room. The bedroom wall was damp and needed decorating and updating as did the bathroom. After reading the reviews which said the rooms were being refurbished by the end of the year we thought this would have been done. Didnt however say which year! Careful when booking trips at the hotel as we were recommended by the lady booking the trips that her friend could do it cheaper and take us to the floating markets and the Temple s the same day which the hotel couldn't offer. Our guide arrived and I witnessed the hotel tour operator paying the lady in the hotel toilet which I thought strange. We were led by her friend to the taxi it seemed that this may be a husband and wife team. The guide was disabled with a speech impediment but dont let that fool you shes still a con. She took us to the floating markets and when we got out charged us an extra 300b each as she said that the price didnt include the boat. She asked did we want to ride on an elephant we said no but she said this was on the way home so we could just look. We stopped and she ushered us to the pay point knowing we had said we were not interested. We refused to pay and got back in the taxi ready to visit a temple. Wrong.. she said she would take us to see a jewellery factory. We said no thanks she said that it was on the way home. We said no again but she insisted. We arrived and were shown into a room showing a video we didnt want to watch this and were not interested so demanded to be taken home. She still tried to get us to go into the showroom we had to get annoyed before she got the message and walked back to taxi. By this time our tour guide was concerned that we might report her to the hotel and she got into the back of the taxi and said please dont complain to the hotel as my friend will get into trouble. We eventually arrived back and she followed us into the hotel to make sure we didnt report her. It was a long stressful day!
- Also Known As:
- Amari Boulevard Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Amari Boulevard Bangkok Hotel
- Hotel Amari Boulevard
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Sukhumvit Road, the throbbing pulse of Bangkok, Amari Boulevard is the perfect city-centre accommodation from which to explore all that this dynamic Thai capital has to offer.From business to shopping to tourism landmarks, all of Bangkok is at your fingertips, within walking distance, or just a short skytrain or subway ride away. Be swept away with the urban rhythm at Amari Boulevard. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Orbitz, Amari Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, Venere, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Amari Boulevard Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.