“Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #315 of 771 Hotels in Bangkok
Erbil, Iraq
“Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

the location was good, I needed Islamic food, it was near those restaurants, So I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. the location was good, I needed Islamic food, it was near those restaurants, So I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. the location was good, I needed Islamic food, it was near those restaurants, So I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We were happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and its location.

Best regards

alexandre.frenkel@amari.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel is in good location near nana and 50 meters from skytrain.
Pool is like someone put a bomb there.Its very very old and needs renovation.
Breakfast had almost everything.
The area outside of hotel was full of Arab restaurants.....
I believe that you can find more nice hotel with the same money.

Room Tip: The rooms in new wing are better than the others
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We were glad to read that you enjoyed our location and the breakfast. We have however duly noted your comments about the condition of the
swimming-pool and the fact that it is due for renovation.

We are sorry if we were not able to meet your expectations and apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

A good quality hotel right in the middle of Bangkok City Center. 1 min walk from the market and all the spa's. Breakfast was okay, could have been better if the menu would have changed everyday. The hotel is situated next to BTS Nana Skytrain station which makes it more comfortable to maneuver around the city. Foodland Supermarket is exactly in front of the hotel lobby which is open 24 X 7.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. We were happy to read that you had a pleasant stay.
In regards to the breakfast, it appears that some items are on rotation.

Best regards

Trivandrum, Kerala, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've stayed at Amari Boulevard during my week long holiday to Thailand(first time)
Its a beautiful place to stay with great services.

Was at the hotel for 2 days. The breakfast at the hotel is too gud. Speaking in terms of quality and variety. Splendid !!!

The staff is also quite friendly.
However we did face a bit of a problem while checking in. we had to wait around half a day for our check-in due to unavailability of rooms. :(

Room Tip: Choose the one that faces the road. With the metro and moving traffic. Nights should be a treat to w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and kind comments about the breakfast and the staff, this is much appreciated.

Please accept our apologies if you had to wait upon arrival. I am however unable to comment further on this as no information about the arrival time was given on the review.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back.

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We reached Bangkok after staying for 2 days each at Phuket and Pattaya. So had a fair bit of idea what to expect from hotel, with respect to the amount we paid for. Amari failed to meet them in all aspects. Check out the photos I took of my room. I stayed in room 712. The room was old and untidy. And smelled weird. Corridors smell like a dental clinic. The locality is bad too.. Yes, the hotel is right next to Nana station; which helps. But what is bad is, right in front of the hotel is a slum-shop sort of area with transexual prostitutes, and stalls selling sex toys. Not really the sight you would like to see, stepping out of your hotel. Lobby wifi is difficult to connect to, since there would always be a swarm of people trying to log in at the same time. It was a bad experience altogether. Primarily because of the quality of rooms, versus the money you pay for it. I did not have my camera then, but else i could have posted the picture of a left over food tray lying in the lobby for half a day.
The only up side is the breakfast, which is good. And proximity to the skytrain station.

Room Tip: Just don't even consider this hotel for your Bangkok stay
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed review further to your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your kind mention about the breakfast and the proximity of the skytrain.

I was however very sorry to read that in general we did not meet your expectations. As you have provided the number of the room you occupied we were able to identify the issue immediately.
I would like to offer our most sincere apology for the condition of the room you have occupied, especially the bathroom. We have immediately put that room out of service to repair the damage. I fully understand how you must have felt in this case. This matter has been further addressed as even though the room you were in is not new, we should definitely have noticed that there had been a leak in the bathroom causing the damage in the ceiling and repair it before selling it.

In regards to your comments concerning the hotel's surrounding, by now there is sufficient input by other reviewers on this portal so that one can get an impression of our area. Yes there is a night street market on Sukhumvit Road selling everything from T-shirts, leather goods, electrical appliances but also the items you have mentioned. However this is not directly in front of the hotel, where we have restaurants and a 24 hours supermarket. As mentioned in previous reviews the area also offers a wide variety of bars, restaurants and shopping accessible within a walking distance, which also explains its overall popularity.

Thank you again for yor valuable feedback.

North Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

We (3) stayed at the Amari again our second time this year and stayed for a week. One person it was their first visit to Bangkok and fell in love with the place much to my amazement. We arrived on oct 26th departed nov 2nd. We have used this hotel for many years but they have no loyalty to guests who return year after year. Other countries make a point of welcoming you back and sometimes the Manager sees you depart also. The food is plentiful and the staff very pleasant. The reason for my review is that while at the pool on the last few days guests from across the altantic were very noisy. They were all men 6 of them and had bottles of beer on the side edge of the pool and drank while in the water. The staff kept on supplying more beers whilst they were in the pool and never removed the empties leaving bottles round the edge of the pool. There were children in this pool a few minutes before they came. I am one who likes a lager in the day but would not think to take a glass bottle anywhere near a pool or its area. They were also very rowdy. As I said my husband and I use this hotel each time in Bangkok having moved from the Landmark which was across the main street. We actually had a room which used the lift on the left side. Quite a change from the lift by the Peppermill restuarant only booked that because we needed a three bedded larger room. I agree the rooms on the right hand side are in need of updating but have read that this is in the process of being done. I also think that the price is quite high for this hotel, others nearby if willing to walk are much cheaper. I am a very old pensioner and of copurse needed somewhere really handy due to walking difficulties.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Alexandre_Frenkel, General Manager at Amari Boulevard Bangkok, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to relate your recent experience at the Amari Boulevard. We appreciate your kind comments about the service and the food. However I was very sorry to read that we have not been able to identify you as a loyal guest of the hotel upon your second visit this year. Even with a large amount of repeating guests, we have all the tools in place to recognize such loyalty. Therefore I would like to offer our apologies if it did not happen in this particular case.

Thank you also for bringing up the matter of the swimming-pool. We indeed had quite a few guests who gathered in Bangkok for a sports event. Your feedback has raised my attention, as we have set comprehensive measures to insure the safety of our swimming-pool. This includes a no glass policy. What you have witnessed demonstrates that we need to be very strict when those safety rules are not followed, which obviously did not take place on this occasion. We appreciate that you help us to improve by making this comment, and hope this will not deter you from visiting us again in the future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed only one night, before leaving for the airport, and by the way if you think of getting to the main BKK airport using the Airport Express link from Makkasan station this hotel is approx 10 mins by Taxi, or approx THB60 from the rail station.

Aside from the usual misunderstanding @ Reception, but now used to it in BKK, I was upgraded and offered a cheap Breakfast as I was booked on a Room only basis; they asked if I was leaving before 08:00 they could offer me breakfast at half price, at THB350 which was good for the large and varied breakfast buffet - so of course I accepted!

The shower in the room was broken, reported it to a housekeeping person on the floor and when back from a couple of hours wandering around the area the shower head has been replaced with a brand new and perfectly working - great service, good for the next person staying in the room after me...

The swimming pool is in the Siam Wing of the hotel, on the 6th floor, and even if nothing exceptional as very basic pool it is still good during the Bangkok stay to know that a pool is available at your hotel.

Extremely good service during my check-out time in the morning, so I suppose was a good night break before my flight back to the UK.

Room Tip: Walking distance from Nana BTS station, a very lively area for everything you can think of...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comprehensive review further to your brief stay with us. We were happy to read that you had a pleasant time.

For information, outside of peak hours it takes a maximum of 25 minutes to travel by taxi between the aiport and the hotel, preventing you to have to transfer baggages from a taxi to a train.

I am sorry if you had a misunderstanding at the reception, for whichever misuderstanding this refers to. In regards to the breakfast, if you choose the room with breakfast when making your reservation, it will be even cheaper than THB 350.

Finally, please accept our apologies if the shower was not working in the first place. Thank you for bringing this up and acknowledging that we were able to resolve this quickly.

alexandre.frenkel@amari.com

Been to Amari Boulevard Bangkok? Share your experiences!