“PERFECT (IF YOU HAVE A DON MUEANG FLIGHT)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok

You added Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok to your Saves list
Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   333 Chert Wudthakas Road, Bangkok 10210, Thailand (Formerly Amari Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel packages
Special Price
Best Deal: Save 10% Now
Ranked #195 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
milan
“PERFECT (IF YOU HAVE A DON MUEANG FLIGHT)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed twice in this hotel during the same week and i have a nice opinion. I booked it because (like everybody flying airasia know)airasia moved all operations to don mueang airport... From the center of bangkok is not very easy to reach this airport while you can have an excellent link to suvarnabhumi so , if i have to give a tip about it, this is the perfect option. THe hotel itself is a traditional business hotel and my room (both times) was little bit more comfortable cause i decided both times for an executive room. inside you feel that is a little bit old (the printers of the concierge were at least 10 years old..)but we are talking about airport hotel... the best thing amari has, and i never found anywhere else, is that there is a bridge connecting the hotel and the airport, a private bridge crossing the highway!! it could never been more efficient. plus..on the bridge there is a restaurant in case you want breakfast (like me and my wife did)...another thing...fitness room on 5 floor with sauna.... small but very useful for me....... if you a flight at don mueang i think you can not find better solution........

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We decided to leave Pattaya a day earlier to catch an early flight and booked this hotel through Agoda.

It is exactly opposite the airport!! Has little around the hotel but we just wanted a relaxing afternoon before flying on.

In the morning, what a surprise!! We checked out and the bellboy (a middle aged man) offered to take our luggage. We said it was okay, because we thought he was only taking the luggage to the next floor and then we would be on our own BUT NO!! He loaded our luggage onto a trolley and walked us over the flyover, up to the 3rd floor at the airport and delivered our luggage to the check-in counter!! We could not believe the fabulous service this man gave.

Even if we would have taken our own luggage, it is only a very short walk across the flyway and you get directly into the check in area. It was great!!

The hotel is suitable only for people wanting a bit of a rest before the next flight and the convenience of not having to wait for hours in the traffic to try to make your flight.

Wonderful hotel. Thank you Mr Bellboy who helped us on the morning of the 2nd December. We appreciated it.

Room Tip: Stay here for convenience and get a bit tip ready if you are lucky to get the same service we did.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

The location is ideal if you are taking Air Asia, NOK air or similar discount airline from Bangkok’s old airport (please note: transit time to the new airport can be as much as 2 hours during rush hours)
The hotel is inexpensive given it is 3-4 star type of hotel. Rooms are clean and staff is friendly, but the hotel is a bit old and may benefit from a refurbishment.
The rooms are quite and you don’t hear the airplane.
One major advantage: you can literally walk to Don Muang Airport Bangkok (the old airport). You just use a small in-door pedestrian bridge.
7-Elevn is nearby, but otherwise not so many restaurants in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: ask for room away from the street.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Good thing we are only here for one night. Just check in and i do not know if it is because we are in the old part but very old room, we ask for 2 twin beds, at first we got a queen and now we have 2 but they are right next to each other, no wifi in the room, have to go to the lobby. The elevator smells of mildew.... The room was probably last renovated in the 80. Only good thing is that it is right across from the airport.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The time on my watch indicated it was midnight as we made our way across the flyover from Don Muang Airport to Amari Hotel. There was no jet lag but it had been a long day and we desperately needed a few hours of shut eye before our early morning flight.

Check-in was quick. They did require a credit card to cover incidentals. The clerk handed me our key card and pointed to her right telling us where is the elevator. I had to ask what floor our room is on.

We followed in the path of a guest who checked-in before us and as we rounded a corner he was headed back towards us with a frown on his face. He hadn't been able to locate the elevator. Looking down the hall there were no signs that pointed the way. We looked some more but no luck so we made the journey back to reception. We were informed we had to walk to the back of the hotel and turn left down a narrow passage where we would find the lift. It had taken us longer to get there than it did for us to get to the hotel from the airport.

The room was okay. A big bed was waiting for us. The mini-bar, for which I had provided a credit card contained only four items. Hmmm? I awoke to the alarm at 5AM and immediately had flashback to my army days sleeping out in the elements during winters in Korea and Germany. I was glad no icicles had formed. I located the thermostat but discovered it was disabled. Fortunately, my wife spotted the master control I has missed in my haste to get some sleep.

A warm shower would thaw me out. It wasn't to be. By the time any warmth came out of the shower head I was finished.

At check out I requested my card info back. I was informed they keep a hold charge on the card for 10-14 days. After much debate she agreed to cancel it. While waiting I noticed a bank of elevators to the left of reception. I asked about why we weren't directed to those lifts. She said the other is closer to our room. But it is easier to follow numbered rooms through a hallway than to go on a quest for a lift that is more elusive than El Dorado.

A foreign traveler arrived while we were still waiting. He was wanting to check in because his flight just arrived. One of the clerks felt the need to speak loudly in English to inform him that check in wasn't possible until 2PM. She didn't bother checking and from what I had seen the place wasn't full booked. I hope this wasn't his first visit to Thailand hasn't had a chance to experience the great Thai hospitality I have. I do know one thing, this was my first and last stay at Amari. If in this situation again I will invest time and money to take a taxi to another hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio Frio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Chose this Hotel because we were flying out of Don Muang Airport the next day. Booked a suite with breakfast. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast buffet was tasty and there was plenty to choose from. The hotel has declined a bit from my last stay, but there were no issues. The bellman helped us take our luggage across the footbridge and to the ticket counter which was awesome!!

Room Tip: book a suite with breakfast.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We chose this hotel as we were flying out of Don Muang airport early in the morning. We arrived very tired after our flight from Australia and I have to say it was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in!!! Bliss! We had an extra bed as there were two adults and two kids - the main bed was two large singles put together - which was fine for three of us.
Easy walk to the airport the following morning.
Perfect stop-over hotel :0)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Amari Don Muang Airport Bangkok? Share your experiences!