“Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Berlin, Germany
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Pleasant and well-run hotel with good gym and nice executive lounge. Rooms are immaculate and in good shape, service is swift and friendly. Easy walk to BTS station Nana, approx. 30 minutes from airport depending on traffic. Quality of food is also high, though can be bit pricey, there are plenty of other options within walking distance, too (including Starbucks for breakfast just opposite).

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Sassy_Traveller_82

Thank you for your review and for the nice comments you have made about the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Your comments are important to us and I appreciate your feedback as you are very well traveled, being a Top Contributor to this forum.

It would be nice to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Bangkok soon again. Thank you for choosing our for your stay in Bangkok.

JW Marriott Bangkok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Oviedo, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott for 7 weeks on business. I can't say enough good things about the people who work at the hotel. Everyone went out of their way to help and always with a smile. They worked hard to anticipate my every need and made me feel at home. Thai people are respectful and gracious and my stay in Bangkok is one that I will never forget. I hope to return and will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Robin M.

I like to thank you for the review you have posted about your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

You have been staying an incredible 7 weeks with us. This is a long time and I like to thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Bangkok as your base when doing business in Thailand.

I am thrilled to read your review. Thank you for the compliments you have about the service levels. Your comments are very meaningful to us in view of the long period you have stayed. I recognize that consistency in service excellence is paramount as we have to be as good in service delivery today as we have been yesterday and will be tomorrow.

You have witnessed this consistency and I like to thank you for sharing your experience with the readers of this forum.

Looking much forward to welcome you back again in the near future, I remain, with best regards.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Long overdue review:
This hotel stay was a mix of very good and very bad.

When we checked in they gave us a very small room with a small double bed. We booked far in advance and told them we were three adults. The room was so small it was impossible to add a roll away bed. It took forever to get this cleared up! They finally move us to a large room with enough room for the extra bed. Our second room was wonderful and had easy access to the wonderful members lounge and the food and drink offered there.

First the positive: The hotel location is ok and it is not a long walk to the sky train. The restaurants in and around the hotel are good. We found a wonderful little pub that was open for a breakfast brunch for the Super Bowl and meet many people while eating and watching.

Now the negative: The biggest problem we had with the hotel - and the reason I would suggest no one stay there - is our problem with the concierge and valet service. My adult daughter and I were doing the tourist routine while my husband was working. We went down to the concierge the first morning to get a map. In the discussion of where we were going we explained we were catching the sky train to the water taxi. (The best way to get around Bangkok.) He told us the sky train was no walkable from the hotel and that we needed to take a taxi. The taxi called by the valet took us to a private water taxi company which would have been a fortune to take and was not what we wanted. We walked out to the dock and saw the small local water taxi stopping at the Sheraton and walked over and caught us. Isolated incident of a bad taxi driver we thought. The next evening the three of us went to catch a taxi to a special restaurant we wanted to try. The valet called a taxi who refused to start the meter. He proceeded to drive us part way there while we argued. We ended up getting out of the taxi and refusing to pay. We caught another taxi who took us to the restaurant with no problem. We complained to the concierge desk upon returning since they oversee the valets, but they did not care. We tried the taxi service one last time from the hotel but did not even get in after the driver refused to use the meter. We walked up to the corner and flagged a taxi down with no problems. I could never stay at this hotel because I expect the concierge to be the person working for me and helping me with in the hotel. We head to Bangkok often, but will never use the JW Marriott again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear 0TravelTime0

I have read the review you have posted for the second time in this forum in reference to your stay back in January of this year.

I am glad to learn that on the whole you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel. In the meantime I like to provide the following explanations about the transportation facilities at this hotel:

The JW Marriott Bangkok provides transportation services to the guests like many other five star properties to as well. There are three options for JW Marriott guests to choose from:

1.). Upper class limousines which are operated by a contracted third party. (Mercedes Benz Sedans)
2.) A sightseeing counter located in the hotel lobby, operated by the same contracted company, offering tours in- and around the city in mid class vehicles or vans.
3.) Public Taxi's at the hotel entrance.

The hotel limousines and cars hired through either Concierge or the sightseeing counter are more expensive as the fare includes international insurance coverage in case of accidents and incidents. Public taxis are hailed by the Doormen through walkie talkie calls to a representative at the main road as the hotel entrance is located in a side road. There is a taxi queue line at the hotel drive way and guests are attended to on a first come first served basis. Like in any other city, the waiting time for taxis tends to become longer during rush in the mornings and evenings.

The Doormen note down the license plate of a taxi for reference, once a guest has boarded the cab. Thereafter it is between the passenger and the taxi driver to agree and settle the charges like this is common practice anywhere. Most taxis in Bangkok run taxi meters, however it is known to be occasionaly happening that taxi drivers appear to refuse to run the meter in favor of a higher fixed charge from point A to point B.

The hotel shouldn't be seen - or being held - responsible for taxi charges and/or any other issues arising from a trip in a public taxi. The JW Marriott Bangkok gladly assists hotel guests who encounter problems during taxi trips if problems are being voiced immediately upon return to the hotel.

I regret that you have now decided not to return to the JW Marriott Bangkok, at the same time noticing from your other reviews that you have since stayed at one of our sister hotels in the city.

Sincerely Yours

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I visited the JW Marriott on Sukhumvit Road in Bangkok during October for the 15th time and stayed for two weeks. I have always been treated very well and this visit was no exception.

The Thai people are some of the nicest people on earth (I've visited 65 countries so believe I'm qualified to judge). The hotel employs some of the nicest of these people. My wife and I are always treated very well, we look forward to returning again and again.

Strong points would be as follows:
- Staff Friendliness (wanting to please the guests)
- Facilities (spa, work out area, etc)
- Breakfast has a good selection and great chef (try the oatmeal)
- Executive Lounge (Marriott's best in the world)
- Room comfort (not middle east plush but quite comfortable)
- Good internet

The hotel is located near the Nana red light district which is a must see for adult tourists. There are plenty of street vendors selling food, massage parlors, tailors ready to make you a suit and colorful lady boys.

The hotel is also near the sky train and very close to the Arab section of Bangkok. Arabs make up a reasonable percentage of the hotel guest in their traditional garb. Having said that, I felt like many cultures are well represented here.

While the JW is our hotel of choice in Thailand, I would also recommend a traveler spend time down near the river. My wife and I always spend one weekend of our stay at the Peninsula Hotel on the river. It is a very different Bangkok and the contrast must be experienced to get a complete picture of the city.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to avoid street noise. There has been a remodeling program and I'm not sur...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Keith M.

How nice and satisfying to read your review. Thank you for posting a well-rounded and informative review, detailing the experience of your recent stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Thank you for recognizing the hotel facilities including the room comfort, the lounge and the internet speed. Thank you for recognizing the associates and the hospitable mind of Thai people in general.

Lastly I like to thank you for returning to the JW Marriott Bangkok again and again, this last visit having been your 15th stay. I do look forward to welcome you back for your 16th stay very soon indeed.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was there for one day stay and was upgraded to a Suite - which I did not make use as I was there for a short time only. Having a Kitchenette for a one night stay is not very useful. The 2 rooms (Living Room and Bedroom were good size with place to walk). The Bathroom was good size with tub and standing shower (I prefer these than tubs). The check-in and check-out was smooth - All in all a very comfortable stay from the car pick up at the airport to car drop off at the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ayaz L

I like to thank you for staying at the JW Marriott Bangkok recently and for posting a review on this forum.

It is with much pleasure to learn that you recommend the hotel for the location, the facilities and the service levels.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back in the near future again, allowing us to look after you again.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had stayed here long time ago. This trip stayed 2 nights in this hotel after staying in Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok. We stayed in the 19th executive floor and had access to executive lounge. Good room with great views, comfortable bed, nice bathroom and good toiletries. They have a good size pool and big gym beside it. You can also avail of Spa in the hotel. There is also live piano music in the lobby as well as live Thai music. The lobby is wonderfully set up. The Japanese restaurant downstairs also offers great food. Since we were staying in the hotel we had a 20% discount in the restaurant which was a good perk. The hotel is close to sky train station as well as shops, restaurants, bars. Very close to the famous Nana. We had an appointment in Bumrungrad Hospital and it is walking distant from this hotel. Service at the executive lounge was wonderful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Hanabanna23

May I thank you for your review and for returning to the JW Marriott Bangkok again during your last trip to Bangkok.

Your review is very meaningful to us with you being a top contributor to this forum. Thank you for recognizing both, the facilities and the service excellence across the hotel.

It would be nice to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Bangkok during your next trip as well, should your travel schedule bring you back to Bangkok in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed there before and and also go many time to this hotel for just lunch or dinner. This time we have reunion with friends and enjoyed everything very very much. The staff is so friendly and so professional all the time and everything special we request they take care of as we have many requests for our reunion.

The rooms are beautiful with nice decoration and good facilties and amenities. we like the high speed internet, free coffee and nice shampoo and bath gel. The bed is also so nice and soft and I like to have one for my house...:-)

We have a few meals at the hotel and all were very well prepared and served in good timing. Breakfast is the best i ever have in any hotel. We all ove cake so we have many cake in the small bakery in front of hotel; the Bangkok Baking Cafe and the cakes are real Eruo style and not expensive. we have lunches and dinners at the Japanese and the Steak and China Restuarnats and all was great. Thanks to all the staff at the Marriott and we will be visiting again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Rumtarn N.

I am thrilled to read your review. Thank you very much for taking time and trouble to post such a detailed review.

Great to see that you and your guest particularly enjoyed the breakfast and the other meals you have taken at the hotel. It is gratifying to receive a confirmation from such a well-traveled guest as yourself, acknowledging that you have truly enjoyed your stay at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Thank you for your patronage and thank you for your loyalty. I look much forward to welcome you back soon again.

Very best regards

JW Marriott Bangkok

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!