“first visit March 9-14” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
san ramon
“first visit March 9-14”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

a wonderful hotel. We asked for complementary upgrade (as we belong to the rewards) but didn't get it. We stayed at the 15 floor. Room was roomy with plenty of drawers space. Breakfast was included and what a wonderful array of international foods. Made to order noodle soups with any trimmings you desired, fresh juices, breads, capuchino, mochas you name it they had it. We were very happy to stay in the JW. Only problem I had is we have a profile with extra towels and we didn't have them but that is minimal. the staff everywhere is more than Aplus. Very central. There is a small shopping center for an ATM, market and cleaners. We would definately stay there again. Walking distance to the skytrain, shopping centers and eating areas

Room Tip: nice view on the 15 floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Rocky

I like to thank you for your recent review. I am glad to read that you liked the hotel, facilities and the location. Apologies for not being able and upgrade you as the hotel was running close to capacity during your stay.

I have noticed that there are one or two things to fine tune (additional towels) and I will ensure together with my team that this will happen in future.

Looking forward to have you back with us soon again and sending best regards

Peter Caprez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I warm thinking of my JW in Bangkok.
Every stay gets better. The service is impeccable, the staff each time become more attentive to my needs and requirements. Last time I complained about no Thai noodles for breakfast, now I get a special order EVERY morning, without having to make a special request.
Like every hotel there are changes, the Exec Lounge is no exception. What is pleasing to note is that the staff there get better and better. Mod is an excellent addition (I know she is not exactly "new") but definitely in the Nookie mold - always seeking to improve your stay.
I have several Marriott trips booked across the world - lucky me! But look forward to when I can plan my next trip to BKK.
Keep it up JW BKK, I see there are 7 very negative reports, freedom to express I guess, their 15 seconds of fame. But get real, the is a truly amazing establishment and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
peter c, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear Stewart

What a nice review - thank you very much ! We believe in providing our guests with a consistently high service quality and there is no better country in the world to achieve this than Thailand. Thai people are very hospitable and friendly and I will gladly share your feedback with those who you mentioned by name in your review. Looking forward to have you back with us soon again and wishing you safe travels.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

From the minute you walk through the door, you are immediately transported to a serene and tranquil environment and what service should be in a first class hotel. From reception, I was shown to my room, not by a bell man(which is perfectly fine and what I had expected) but by the lovely young lady who checked me in. As a Elite Marriott member, I was on the Executive floor which provides a whole host of amenities to include breakfast daily and drinks/canapes in the evening. The gym was top-knotch, providing bottled water and cold towels to cool you down after you finish your workout. I had the opportunity to speak with Sabreena, the assistant manager on two occasions and was delighted to express how charming and efficient each and everyone of the staff members were. Should I ever find myself in Bangkok again, I will certainly make the Marriott my hotel of choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ChezReed

Thank you for taking time and trouble to write a review about your recent stay and for recommending our hotel to fellow travelers. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and I am looking forward to have you back with us soon again.

Best regards

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The Bangkok JW Marriott is an excellent property located right in the heart of downtown Bangkok. New, clean, modern and impeccable service from the very helpful friendly staff. I have had multiple extended stays in the JW and once you are recognized there you can get more upgrades. The pool area is modern and clean and i can't believe it was never crowded. Great workout faclity and hot tub with dry and wet saunas. The skytrain station (Nana) is two blocks down and that line ends at the weekend market...what could be better. Massive variety of restaurants and nightime entertainment are steps away. And if you are missing western style food and a good game of pool or darts; Bully's restaurant is right next door! Of course the food and other costs at the hotel are on the high side, but value is also very high.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a bad room in this hotel. If you are a 'Rewards' member you can a...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fut5

I wanted to personally thank you for the review you have recently posted about your experience at the JW Marriott Bangkok.

Nothing makes all of us happier here on property than reading comments from an experienced traveler like your good self, confirming that as a team the associates delivered the expected promise and indeed, exceeded it.

I have been sharing your comments internally already. We all look forward to have you back with us soon again and I would look forward to chat with you over a drink during your next stay.

Sending you best wishes with thanks once more.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Top notch service from the concierge, chef, waitresses and housekeeping. You get greeted everytime you walk passed all of their employee with a welcoming smile and a "Sawatdee ka/kup" Execellent varieties of breakfast choice. Complementary appetizer and drinks was definitely a plus. Prime location!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Seabeck
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was my first stay at a JW Marriott. Marriott is advertising their JW Marriott brand as "Luxury" so of course I expect more from this hotel than from others. Here I am looking at the little things that either work or not.
There have been several things that did not work in my eyes. I had an airport pickup scheduled which was confirmed by Email from the hotel Arriving in BKK at midnight I was told by the Marriott representative that my reservation for the car had been cancelled with no reason. When I arrived at the hotel I was asked for the Platinum amenities so I filled out the paper. After 45 minutes, three calls and three different answers I was told that my choices had been out. It was now 2.30 AM and I was tired so I let it be.
The room itself was OK. Nice working area and comfortable bed. The bathroom was spacious but the shower door was not closing tight. This caused a wet floor in the bathroom every morning.
The Executive Lounge was nice but the view was not special.

It is a hit and miss with the staff. I think the more important the staff is, the less interested are they in helping you. Staff at breakfast and the lounge was excellent. Check-In was great but the manager at Check-In did not care about waiting customers. He rather checked his cell phone.

The location is nice. You can walk anywhere and have shops and street vendors all around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Wala69

Thank you for your review. It with much regret to learn that we didn't provide a seamless experience throughout your stay. This is not what we are normally standing for. I found your review professional and to be just and I will work together with my team to iron out those discrepancies you have encountered.

Thai people normally take pride in providing superior service excellence. As a Management Team we have to ensure that this happens on a consistent basis.

I would much appreciate if you could decide to stay with us again the next time you are in Bangkok and would be happy to meet you in person over a cup of coffee. Please let me know if that would be suitable. My email is peter.caprez@marriott.com.

Thank you for your comments once more and sending you best regards

Beijing, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Stayed at the JW Marriott for most of my visits to Bangkok. It's on Sukhumvit Road, which is a very good location. It's close to the BTS SkyTrain, and it's convenient for business, shopping or entertainment.

The rooms are large and well appointed, bed is comfortable, and I like the marble bathroom with separate shower and tub. I was upgraded to a executive suite a couple of times, and those are great, and the furnishing is stylish with a flavor of tradition.

One thing this hotel stands out is the Executive Lounge, and the service is so much better than those lounges in the U.S.. The employees there really go out of their way trying to make your stay comfortable. The breakfast and refreshments selections are great. And, for my last trip, as I had a really late flight, they extended my check-out til, well, I would say really really late...

Overall, a very nice hotel, and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!