Have just returned from a 6 night stay here and highly recommend this hotel. The location is perfect -just 10 minutes shuttle boat from the main ferry port and skytrain station in the city. The boat ride s lovely and services each way every 30 minutes. At night there is anew night market / riverside development across the river served by the boat also and this is a great place to go from 7pm. The hotel facilities are very good, room great overlooking the river and the pool and lush gardens make you feel like you are in a beach resort not in a city! Spotlessly clean and a well managed place.
Breakfast is amazing- everything you can think of in the vast buffet (on a par with the shangri la singapore) but at £17 you really do need to make the most of it otherwise if you just want something small go to the Italian coffee shop in the Hotel and choose something off the breakfast menu for £5.
You do need to take mosquito repellent as the gardens and ponds attract them and they do get into rooms . plug in the mosquito guard at night and ask for spray if necessary.
The concierge services are excellent and most staff are willing and helpful (except my housekeepers on the 5th floor who were grumpy and shouting outside my room after 9 am clearly wanting to get into do my room!) that is my only complaint. Also odd that at no time any member of staff asked everything was ok even at check out which is unusual. It would be good if managers checked things to ensure more of a personal touch to balance the efficiency.
I am a fussy customer but will definately return here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Booking.com, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott