My partner and I spent 9 nights at this amazing hotel. Check in was fast, polite and we got an upgrade to a premier delux room. The room it's self was perfect, super comfortable bed, lovely bathroom and toiletries (took a few lovely soaps home) and with modern styling. The staff couldn't have been any better! Always smiling and Swadee Ka you every time and they genuinely make the hotel a special place to stay. The pool was out of this world, when at the pool it felt like I was back in Phuket or Koh Samui (not in a huge built up smoggy city).
The hotel shuttle boat was great and ALWAYS on time and also with great staff. It's one place you feel like the staff are being nice because they are happy and want to be nice, not just for a tip! As far as dining goes, breakfast is huge and kept me full until it was time for my evening meal every time, so much choice and very fresh tasting food!
There is a small 7/11 type shop (different name) across the main road from the hotels entrance and up a little to the right which is handy if u want a (non mini bar priced) btl of booze or any other bits n pieces, the shopping plaza is great for cheaper restaurants like a good hangover macdonalds :)
Travellers tip, keep an eye on the Bangkok groupon page before you go, I got some great deals for food and drink. There is nothing negative I can possibly say about this hotel and I can't wait to get bk!! As soon as I pay off the last trip :)
Ps- If your up for a good laugh and want to meet some great and interesting people, once you get off the hotel shuttle at Saphan Taksin, get a taxi boat 30 Bhat per person to pier 13 and go for a night out on Khao San Road!! Amazing night, Amazing buckets and Amazing food!!! And so so so cheap!!! Have fun guys :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Despegar.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Marriott