We stayed at this hotel for two nights at the start of a trip. The hotel is beautiful - very elegant as you might expect from a five star resort. The food is very good although quite expensive and the breakfast amazing. They try to cater for everyone regardless of nationality and do it well.
The rooms are large and comfortable although the air conditioning unit was a little over zealous and would switch to 5 degrees Celsius automatically upon leaving the room and re-entering the room was little like walking into a fridge.
The location of the hotel is not so great - quite a substantial taxi ride to most places of interest.
Also the spa is very expensive and far beyond what you normally expect to pay.
As I needed to work a little whilst there, I needed to access wifi. There is wifi in the room also the charges are quite high. Alternatively there is free wifi in the lobby. The downside to this is that there are very few places to sit where a decent signal can be found.
A final gripe was that the lounge at the lobby level seems to be reserved for a select few - which leaves you feeling slightly as a second class citizen when attempting to work in the lobby.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Riverside Hotel
- Anantara Riverside Spa And Resort
- Anantara Riverside Hotel Bangkok
- Marriott Bangkok Resort
- Marriott Bangkok Hotel
- Marriott Bangkok
- Bangkok Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Serenity In An Urban OasisSet on the banks of the grand Chao Phraya River, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa is a thriving oasis offering a unique way to experience the City of Angels. Majestic palms swaying in the breeze. Spa treatments hidden within lush tropical gardens. Luxurious suites lit by the twinkle of the city skyline. Delectable meals fusing tastes from around the globe.Situated on 11 riverside acres of verdant gardens, Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa seamlessly blends the thrill of urban living with the serene charms of tropical luxury. Imparted with Thai tradition and legendary Anantara service, this exotic Bangkok resort offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the busy metropolis. Take in the sunset from the edge of the pier, watching as river life unfolds before your eyes. Indulge in pampering spa treatments set in the tranquil environment of your own private garden. Enjoy unforgettable meals at any of our 10 bars or restaurants, each offering individual delicacies. Embrace the unique harmony of luxury and nature within this stunning Bangkok resort & spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, getaroom.com, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Anantara Bangkok Riverside Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.