We stayed in Bangkok for 3 nights, 2 at Anantara. The positives-
- very nice location next to the river
- boat service to the city; convenient and pleasant
- evening short ride to Asiatique (highlight of our trip)
- connection to the shopping mall; super convenient
- prohibitively expensive spa
- mess up at checkin (we were escorted to 'our room', unfortunately it was already occupied.. Had to wait for apologetic and harried staff to quickly rustle up another room)
- another goofup during checkout (husband notice just by chance that our bill indicated paid by MasterCard so-and-so.. Umm I gave a visa!! Seems they had charged some other poor bloke.. We actually don't know if it ever got resolved. When we pointed this out, the staff was bewildered and couldn't really understand how to rectify it. We just repaid and left, but I hope the other chap got a refund!!)
- it was raining while we were there; it was impossible not to get wet trying to reach the lobby from the room.
The room, restaurants, room service were all nice; not super luxurious but worth what we paid.