We stayed at the Sofitel Bangkok Central Plaza for 3 nights last month -- at the beginning of our Thailand Holiday. We booked a Deluxe Room with Dynasty (Exec) privileges. WELL worth the extra money. With this room type, you get access to a Lounge on the 22nd floor. They offer various freebies throughout the day. Breakfast, brunch, lunchtime snacks, afternoon tea, evening cocktails (2 hours -- any cocktail from the bar menu. We had Margaritas, Jack Daniels, Vodka, etc). There's always something in the lounge. The sandwiches were delicious. Excellent choice of cakes and canapes. The location of the hotel isn't great -- but a taxi from the hotel to central Bangkok was under 100 baht. (Mainly around 70-80), The rooms were spacious -- and so were the bathrooms. Quite dated. I don't think they'd been decorated for a while. The staff were all VERY friendly. I guess it's the Thai way -- but we always felt very special. If you want a good, friendly 5 Star hotel -- stay here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in downtown Bangkok, this luxury hotel is close to the Bangkok Convention Center, plentiful shopping opportunities and provides the perfect setting for business, leisure and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Centara Grand Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Centara Grand Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok
- Bangkok Sofitel