If you're looking for a crash pad in a fabulous central location, right amidst the central shopping district of Bangkok - then Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square is fabulous.
Literally a 5 minute walk to either MBK or Siam Paragon, 10 min walk to Central World, 5 minute walk to the Sky Train Station and 5 mins by cab to River City shopping complex. Location was amazing!!!
On the other hand, if you are expecting something romantic or elegant, or worth what they charge for the room - perhaps best to look elsewhere.
Have to say that we were particularly disappointed with Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square - we had tossed up between this and another hotel, but decided the Novotel had a better location - and that it did, but that was all this hetel had going for it.
Our main problems were m(in order of ocurrence):
- Check in took over 30 mins and we had to stand in line and wait 15 minutes before this was even started. After long flight standing at a desk for almost an hour was not high on the 'To-Do' list. When check in finally completed we were informed our room with King bed would not be ready for another 40 mins (this was at 7pm at night mind you!) - but we could have another room with a double bed right now for same price - got to be joking!
- Had to leave all our luggage in the lobby while we went to dinner while room was being readied. Was still there when we returned, where we had to take it to the room ourselves.
- When we finally got to the room we were greeted by a less than pleasant smell - for a non-smoking floor the room reeked of cigarettes with a dash of dirty sock - eeew!
- While the Disco Club in the basement may be a drawcard for some, on floor 7 you can still hear the music thumping at 1am - NOT a welcome addition for weary travellers and this continued EVERY night we were there.
- Breakfast was plentiful with a wide variety of food choices, restaurant staff were friendly and helpful, unfortunately this was no classy restaurant - staff are dressed like they worked at McDonalds - hats and all, tables and chairs are squeezed so close together that seating is almost with the couple at the adjoining table. The coffee is HIDEOUS if you must drink it ask them to bring you a cappuccino - I went to the Starbucks 5 doors down the street when unable to hold out any longer.
- Rooms are not made up until after 4pm
- On checkout, Novotel tried to charge us for the 4 bottles of water that we had purchased elsewhere (which we had put in the holel room bin) and even though they were a brand unavailable in the hotel - we had to fill in a form to have the charge to our credit card reversed.
- bell hops were lovely and very helpful with acquiring metered taxi's
- lobby beautifully appointed and spacious
- breakfast food plentiful
- location is fabulous
- pillows should be burned and replaced with something other than concrete
- Check in procedures should be streamlined, or more staff put on
- bring back some of the Thai traditions - barely a wai the whole time unless we did this first.
- Rooms need a revamp - pretty dingy, windows filthy, bathroom was marble, but looked very tired. Toilet right behind bathroom door makes it difficult to access - almost impossible for those without full mobility.
- Night club very loud into the early morning
- room reeked
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square is a 4 star hotel in the vibrant centre of Bangkok. With 423 well appointed rooms, this is the perfect destination for both business trips and holidays. Guests can relax by our pool, in one of our 5 bars, or be temptedby the delicious choices available in our 3 restaurants, while our conference facilities are perfect for meetings and functions. Close to transport, entertainment and shopping, the hotel is ideally located. Parking is available for your convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR and Agoda so you can book your Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bangkok On Siam Square Hotel Bangkok
- Accor Bangkok On Siam Square
- Bangkok Novotel