This hotel has its advantage since it's only 10 mins on the bridge to centralworld shopping mall. The BTS (metro/train) station is also only 3 minutes away.
The hotel feels a bit dated but still has the luxury, grand appearance an intercontinental should have. Service was solid and every staff as a smile. There were a few problems in the rooms I was initializing staying in with a room change sorted out the problem.
The rooms feel a bit dated and I think they are going through some refurbishment while I was there so hopefully I will experience a modern look and updated technology the next time I stay there.
The pool was awesome, not too busy and the lifeguard was kind enough to lend me a spare pair of googles as I forgot to bring mine. The pool felt clean and maintained well.
The only downside was at one time, the keycard failed to work and I called the front desk via the house phone near the lifts, it took the duty manager 30 minutes to get to me with a new pair of keycards. His excuse was I out the keycard on top of my phone, which is ridiculous as I have done the same thing every time and never had this problem.
Holidayinn is also a few steps away and connected via the conference center if one desire to stay at this awesome location at a lower budget.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Bangkok Hotel Bangkok
- Intercontinental Bangkok Hotel
- Bangkok Intercontinental
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Bangkok, located on Ploenchit Road, is in a prime location at the core of the city s business and commercial districts. A wide range of shopping and other facilities are within easy walking distance, while access to other parts of Bangkok is fast and efficient by Skytrain. Complementing convenience with style, InterContinental Bangkok affords a welcoming sense of space and graceful interior dÃ©cor. Throughout, guests will appreciate impeccable service and the warm, attentive hospitality that is authentically Thai. **** NOTE: We are pleased to announce that as our refurbishment program is close to completion; the main lobby and Thailand s first InterContinental Concierge Lounge are now officially open as well as Infinity Fitness and rooftop swimming pool. Completely brand new InterContinental Bangkok will soon be unveiled. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Otel and HotelTravel.com so you can book your InterContinental Bangkok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.