“Our favorite hotel in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Bangkok

You added InterContinental Bangkok to your Saves list
InterContinental Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   973 Ploenchit Road | Lumphini, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #22 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Basel, Switzerland
“Our favorite hotel in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel. I definitley recommend having the intercontinental club access added to your room. You have private breakfast, high tea and snacks and drinks until 8 pm. The fitness center on 36th floor has great views while you use cross trainer or treadmill. The mall and skytrain are right at your front door. Check out the Jim Thompson silk outlet store just a skytrain ride away. Great staff with smiling faces. We cannot wait to return.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I have stayed at Intercontinental Bangkok and every time the staff suprime me. The kidness, the benefits, the service its excellent. The SPA service its also very good and the special guests area at 37 floor is the best I have visited not just in Bangkok, in all South Asia.
I always recomend this hotel, my first choice for Bangkok.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in high floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Very nice hotel, great location and very clean comfortable rooms, my only disappointment with this hotel is as an Ambassador member I have not been upgraded at this hotel in 4 stays now! The staff here is very helpful and friendly; overall this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

As a Royal Ambassador and traveling the world, this is my favorite InterContinental I have stayed at. I have been staying here over the last 5 years and I can't complain anything about it. I was hooked from the first time I stayed and that is why I became an Ambassador and stayed loyal to the IHG Brand, especially InterContinental whenever possible. The service here is always amazing. InterContinental Bangkok acknowledges and recognizes all of the Ambassador members, especially the Royal's. They definetely make paying for the annual membership fee worth it.

The Club Lounge on the 37th floor, is great. The Club staff is even better they are always welcoming, warm, helpful and go beyond their duty to ensure that you are comfortable and have everything that you need. The breakfast is personalized and great variety. I am a breafast person and this is where I always choose. Afternoon Tea and Happy Hour are great as well.

The Front Office Staff, well I just can't say enough about them. They are all wonderful and always make you feel at home when you walk in. You never have to worry about feeling uncomfortable when you come into the lobby, the atmosphere is warm and welcoming. I am a very leisure traveler and I never feel like InterContinental Bangkok is to business oriented or un-friendly to the liesurely travelers. There are other 5 star hotels that put this feeling on you when you walk into the lobby.

It is not possible for me to list all of the names of the amazing staff here at the InterContinental Bangkok, but I can guarantee that there is no dissappointments in any of the staff. And that all starts with the upper management, department managers, supervisors and staff.

InterContinental Bangkok is and always will be my #1 choice for hotel when I visit Bangkok, there is no other place that can compare. Location is the best, easy access to all the shopping, skytrain and many restaurants of high quality and my personal favorite the street food.

I will be returning next month and always looking forward to my return.

Room Tip: Southeast end offers views of the Royal Bangkok Sports Club, Northeast end offers views of Baiyoke S...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overall - as always with Intercontinental - a great stay in bustling megacity.

As we were travelling with children we opted for Executive Van transfer from the airport which was a good choice after the long flight. Pick up was fast, all our (ample) luggage taken care of and ride to the hotel smooth.

Upon arrival we were greeted and hushed to the Club lounge for check-in and were assigned our room which had been prepared as per our special requests. As Royal Ambassador this was a nice upgrade to Club room - even though with the kids we had secretly hoped for a suite for some more personal space.

The impeccable room lived up to Intercontinental's standards and offered nice views of the city as well as a fully and most comprehensively stocked minibar.

We frequently enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere at the lounge for breakfast and pre-dinner snacks where most helpful and patient staff took great care of us. This always gives a homey feeling. Had breakfast once in the main restaurant which offered one of the most comprehensive selections I have seen so far.

The rooftop pool offers a relaxing place to retreat and was never crowded.

Centrally located, with shopping and especially the metro station close by proved to be a great starting point for exploring the city with the staff giving most helpful hints.

Upon departure, our rental car had been prepared with water bottles in every cup holder - very thoughtful indeed.

Thanks to all the Club staff for making this a truly memorable and enjoyable stay! :-)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a nice hotel in a good location and the rooms are well appointed. It is the best shower we have ever had in a hotel and it is comfortable and well run as you would expect but there are a few things that are a disappointment for this Ambassador member.
With a guaranteed room upgrade as part of the Ambassador membership I would expect a bona fide upgrade to the next room category and not the same room with a few extras like a fruit basket, a sweet silk elephant doll and two items of clothing laundered complimentary.
There was much made of the spa vouchers for 700BHT per person and we were urged to use the spa but when I tried to make bookings I was told that there were no appointments available the whole day (open until 23.00 hrs) and I should try again next time I'm in town!
On check in we were asked to pay an additional 6,000BHT as a security for our stay to cover any incidentals. This is not something we have ever come up against before. Sure the hotel has your credit card details but to actually ask to charge an additional A$200 to the credit card in case you had something from the mini bar or used the phone seemed a bit odd. We refused and then the staff member tried to bargin with us and suggested 4,000BHT. Once again we declined to pay ahead for things we may not use.
Although we have had a comfortable stay I'm a little anxious as we have booked as at two other Intercontinental hotels over the next few weeks and I am really hoping that they will offer us a real upgrade to the next level of room and not the same half hearted upgrade offered at the Intercontinental Bangkok.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms, excellent location if you like shopping and the Club lounge was really very good, one of the best we have used. Food selection each day and evening was excellent and there was really no need to eat out which can be a blessing. Staff were for the most part very pleasant. Only disappointing aspect is the rooftop pool which would really struggle to cater for more than 15 people. Nearly 5 stars, regardless would definitely go back.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental Bangkok? Share your experiences!