“I will go back to this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Bangkok

You added InterContinental Bangkok to your Saves list
InterContinental Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   973 Ploenchit Road | Lumphini, Pathum Wan, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #20 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,876 Reviews
“I will go back to this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

I was "forced" to stay in intercontinental for 6 nights. I was on my way from China to Sweden and on the plane they suspected I had a stroke but it ended up being a retina detachment in my left eye. So needed a very good hotel with a doctor who could give me guidance what to do. Within 2 hours I was in the hospital (surgery and 3 nights) received a text message from the lobby manager, need help call me any time here is my cell number. Once back in the hotel (grounded) you can't fly until all gas have left the eye. I was adopted by this family. If you stay less then 2 days you will not notice it's just one of the top hotels in Bangkok if you stay longer, you will become part of a family. there was get well soon cards in my room. Everyone new my name, and the courtesy and service extended to me was explicit. You can always tell if the heart is involved or not and at intercontinental it's a fact. I travel more than 160 days per year, this is so far the best place I ever stayed.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
FOM I, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during staying with us. Your compliment on our service and your kind recognition on our staff is really appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Such an amazing Hotel, having not stayed at an InterContinental Hotel I was completely blown away by the level of service this Hotel provides. From the staff at the pool bar, to the door staff, everyone was polite, courteous and always willing to lend a hand.

The Hotel is located so close to a BTS station which is the best way to get where you want to go. The gym facilities are better than my gym at home and the views are breathtaking. The pool area is great also with great views, the only problem being once you go up there you possibly just want to stay all day. There are a HUGE variety of fantastic food and beverage outlets, rooms are a great size and the showers are huge!

Such a perfect location, surrounded by shops why would you stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: No need to give a tip all the rooms start on levels which provide a great view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
FOM I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on InterContinental Bangkok.

We are very pleased to learn that you were enjoy with our location, facilities and the service.

We would be most delighted to welcome you back to stay with us on your next visit to Bangkok. Please feel free to contact me personally to arrange your room reservation.

Kind regards,

Krissana Uthaisri
Front Office Manager
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had high expectations when we checked in to the Intercon. If anything it was the staff and their warmth that shone thru. I will not hesitate to recommend this wonderful hotel to everyone.
Location is excellent. It is right next to Chidlom station and everywhere is just a ride away.
Check out Chatuchak market on a weekend or Terminal 21 which is just a few stops away. Within walking distance is Isawan spa where one can get head to toe massages for a reasonable price.
Want to watch a show? No problem. Concierge will arrange everything, from making your bookings to showing you how to get there.
Don't miss the Central Chidlom Dept store just down the road. It is a great store . The gem is the 7th Floor Foodloft where you can get excellent meals in good ambience and excellent service. Tasted the best Phad that there.
Rooms were good and excellent size if you stay on the executive floor. There's more than enough water provided for you. Breakfast was so good. Choices were outstanding.
Would I stay here again? Most certainly!
Thanks to all the staff who made out stay so good... krupkhunkha..........:)

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive room for a small consideration. Its worth the extra.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your kind feedback and comments on this review. We are pleased to learn that you were happy with our facilities and services while you were staying with us. It is most rewarding to see that our facilities and services are appreciated by our guests.

Once again, thank you for your kind observations, and recommendation on the review. We look forward to the privilege and pleasure of welcoming and serving you again at InterContinental Bangkok.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

I recently spent 2 nights at this hotel. My stay was fantastic and I recommend the hotel to future visitors to Bangkok. Rooms were clean, comfortable and bordering on luxurious. Staff were outstanding, anticipating needs and providing for them. Food - particularly - at the Italian restaurant - Grossi - was superb.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review. We are glad you had a wonderful experience during staying with us. Your compliment on room and staff and Grossi our Italian restaurant is really appreciated.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Krissana Uthaisri
Front Office Manager
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Loved the hospitality of the property - the rooms size, the quality, the service everything was exceptional of the property and would definitely recommend this to my friends and family the next time any one is visiting Bangkok

Room Tip: Must take the club rooms.. they have the best cocktail hours with free alcohol and buffet and also t...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed (sadly) for just the one night, while on our way to Koh Samui. The staff seemed almost offended that we weren't there for longer, which was actually charming.

We were able to acquire the room on the cheap through hotel credits from previous stays with the hotel company, so to stay in such a lovely hotel on the cheap, was a great bonus. Our room was very high up, offered wonderful views of Bangkok. The room was massive, thick carpet a giant super king-sized bed and an equally large bathroom. Perfect for when you've just arrived off a long-haul flight, and it's the first night of your holiday. They had some chocolates waiting for us, some sparkling wine and a manager to show us around our room.

Overall, the stay was in fact, too short. We've both always loved Bangkok and know we'll be back again. The trouble is, each hotel that we've stayed at in Bangkok we'd love to try again! I would say our stay was on a par with the Le Meridien that we stayed at a few years earlier, just more old school glamour than city chic. The size of this hotel might not be for everyone though, it's such a big city that it's sometimes nice to be going back to a more boutique sized hotel.

Room Tip: The Concierge desk were extremely helpful. If you have any questions, be sure to ask for their help...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at InterContinental Bangkok, responded to this review, July 6, 2012

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I stayed in the Intercontinental Bangkok from 14-25th May 2012 with 3 colleagues as part of an official and had a gala time there! Starting right from the huge and clean rooms, the lavish breakfast and the extremely attentive staff who would never fail to pour out your tea, plus the friendly security officer who made you feel right at home by greeting you with a "namaste", rightly knowing that we were from India. He also gave us some good tips, by directing us to the concierge for an umbrella when it rained outside. Add to this the hotel's great location with all the major malls easily accessible via the skywalk, and the street market outside. There wasn't a single day that went by without us setting off on an expedition in the evening. All in all, we had a great time in Bangkok and a major part of it was because of our great hotel experience.
p.s.: If I had to point out a flaw, our toilet was leaking for most days, so I would say that maintenance needs to buck up.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay as well as your nice comment on tripadvisor. We are glad that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us. However, please accept our apology for the inconvenience regarding the water leakage. We have already discussed the issue with department concern to avoid future reoccurrence.

Thank you once again for your feedback and comment. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Been to InterContinental Bangkok? Share your experiences!