This is an excellent hotel for both business and leisure travellers. Well located within good distance from the BTS station and the night markets, it is also close to all the major business and conference centres.
The staff are well trained and in combination with their innate Thai hospitality can make the stay very comfortable. As an IHG rewards member I received special check-in (private desk) got free welcome drinks and daily news paper (Bangkok Post) delivered to my room.
Rooms are well cleaned and updated towards the latest HI standards. They offer a very good work area, 48" plasma with a good range of international and local TV channels, a safe, mini bar, iron board and iron, kettle and complimentary coffee/tea. The bathroom offers both bathtub and shower.
If needed, laundry and dry cleaning or ironing service are extremely efficient and reasonably (for European standards) priced.
The minibar is well equipped but I found the prices extortionate. I would suggest a 3 mins walk to the closest 7-eleven to find everything in the 1/4th of the price.
Breakfast (normally included in the room rate) is a very rich buffet of all types of western and Asian food one can have and not to be missed. Coffee is slightly stronger in Thailand everywhere I have been. Try the juices offered they are all fresh.
Taxi service is very effective through the hotel. On your departure, for the international airport make sure that you agree a price with the taxi driver before you enter the taxi (400-500 baht including toll fees should be more than enough).
All-in-all for less than £70 a night with all these extras, this is a great hotel offering a great value to its customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Book the grand, twin-towered Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom hotel for a spacious Guest room close to Bangkok's sights.A 10-meter long walkway links the 2 palatial towers of the huge Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom. Glistening chandeliers will make an impression as you step in from the bustling Silom commercial district. Avoid Bangkok congestion and turn onto Srirat Expressway, 200 meters away, for the 25km drive to Suvarnabhumi International Airport.It's just 4 stops to Bangkok highlights like the National Stadium and MBK Center mall on the Bangkok Skytrain from Surasak station, 7 minutes walk away. Neon-lit nightlife in the Patpong district is 1.5km away. Catch the express taxi boat from Sathorn Pier, 1km away, along the Chao Phraya River to the golden, 46-meter-long Reclining Buddha at vast Wat Pho.Get to your meetings with ease at offices on Silom Road and Sathorn Road in this traditional business district. The Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom is in the hub of the local gemstone trade with the Jewelry Trade Center next door.The hotel offers 700 guest rooms situated in two towers (Plaza Tower and Crown Tower) including refurbished Premier rooms and Executive Club rooms have been made even more luxurious. All Premier and Executive Club rooms feature 32-inch LCD TV, high speed internet access and separate bath tubs and showers. A new spacious Club Lounge, on 23rd floor, offering breath taking views of the city. Guests staying in the Club Room can enjoy breakfast, complimentary internet access and evening cocktails in the comfort of the Club Lounge or in the outdoor smoking terrace.Unwind in the 6th-floor leisure area at Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom with tennis on our floodlit court and laps in the 20-meter pool. On the same level, you can enjoy the city's best North Indian cuisine and live music in Tandoor restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Silom Hotel Bangkok
- Bangkok Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok