“Good Veggie Curry” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Good Veggie Curry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I have always found Indian restaurants in Bangkok to be rather generous on the spices even if you say you want mild, so it was a revelation to find this place. What caught my eye was a pea and mushroom curry, more out of curiosity I went in to inquire about it and whether they could serve me with something that wouldn't produce smoke from my ears and tears from my eyes, I was assured they could.

What arrived after about 10-15 minutes was the best Indian restaurant curry I have had in many years. The spicing was just right and everything was well cooked. Next time in Bangkok I will make a bee line for this place again.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Canberra, Australia
“Not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Went here on recommendation from barons fashions (5 shops down) was quite a nice restaurant with nice food and great service.
Food was a little bit spicy for me but still good.

Nagpur, India
“excellent indian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

we entered this restaurant just like that , we were eating indian food for 3 days in BKK and 2 days in Pattaya on the last day of our trip we were just wandering on the streets and found this restaurant , we decided to have our dinner here and we were glad we made this decision. the food
was the nearest to our indian taste and the price is also decent. we just loved this place. Nice decor and good food.

• Visited November 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Indian I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We come to New Buk's about once a month and have been doing so for 2 years. We get one mutton and one prawn masala every time. Best I've ever had. (Wish the shrimp were a bit bigger like they used to be though.) The staff is very friendly and attentive. Highly recommended for all.

• Visited October 2013
Kettering, Australia
“enjoyable and good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good variety, spice as you want it, hot and prompt, plus value for money. The staff were very polite and did ask us if we were enjoying our meal. We've been in Bangkok for three days enjoying the Thai food and felt we wanted something different. We chose New Bukhara's Indian restaurant as it was close to where we are staying and rated well on trip advisor for food quality and value for money. There are quite a few Indian restaurants in the Nana Sukhumvit area. We can recommend this one as worth a visit.

• Visited October 2013