“Clean chic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Okura Prestige Bangkok

You added The Okura Prestige Bangkok to your Saves list
The Okura Prestige Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Park Ventures Ecoplex, 57 Wireless Road | Lumpini, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Deluxe Dream Package
Ranked #8 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 910 Reviews
Hong Kong, China
“Clean chic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Excellent location, very modern and chic design, in Japanese style. Hotel is just next to Ploenchit BTS station. Staff are very friendly, good English and very helpful. I was given a corner room with a view in the bath room. Buffet breakfast has a wide variety of choice, highly recommended!

Room Tip: Request a corner room which the bathroom has a city view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you so much for giving us such a great review on TripAdvisor and we are glad you enjoyed our Deluxe Corner Rooms so much with windows and great city views even in your bathroom. As our first guest room floor starts on the 26th Floor, we are certainly blessed as we can guarantee a 'room with a view' every time! Do try out our Prestige Club Floor Rooms on the 33rd Floor where your bed faces the window and the City is literally at your feet. Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Sincerely
Samir Wildemann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hotmail
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

When travelling light, life can be so easy!
On arrival at the Bangkok International Airport, I take the metro from Airport to City Link at Phayathai station and thereon a convenient change to Phloen-Chit sky-train station. The stairs lead to Park ventures Ecoplex building, which houses my abode that benefits from the building's energy-efficient technologies including low-E coated glass, light balancing/ CO2 sensors and grey water recycling. The elevator takes me to the reception area embraced in amber tones fused in texture of rough stone and fine wood that set my mood into 'wa' state (Japanese philosophy) of warmth and harmony into a sophisticated comfort zone with the 'Best ACS' (the best Accommodation; the Best Cuisines and the Best Services); equipped with 240 rooms and suites, multiple dining outlets, the hotel's iconic pool area and a Spa.

I am in time with the hotel celebrating its 1st Anniverary - and you, too (until 31st August, 2013) can avail special discounts by visit to its website.
My room is tastefully trimmed in modern 5-star amenities including a rich chocolate cake - my favourite indulgence, from the Hotel's bakery: La Patisserie, with the compliments of the hotel.
Triple - glazed tinted panoramic windows of my room offered the birds-eye view of this City of Lights in such magnificent proportions that I has seen never before.

I indulge into the hotel's many culinary concepts and Yamazato is the Hotel's signature high-end Japanese fine dining restaurant, also open during breakfast hours. While I missed to try this award winning, highly recommended Japanese restaurant in town; at the Elements, I try Chef's recommendation in an ambiance that gives a new dimension to gourmet dining.
With the daily super food breakfast at the Up and Above Restaurant and Bar on the lobby floor; the other day late afternoon, I try here, in the restaurant's plush lounge the 'Tea Time' experience and selected some sweet temptations from the menu.

During my stay, I thought it was worth taking care of my well being and thus step into Okura Sap to check out its therapy treatment menu. A 1 hour and 30 minute Ta-Ke Relief treatment sounded appealing. Japanese massage with heated bamboo sticks is applied on the body to roll out knots and tense muscles on the principle of acupuncture, thus relaxes muscles and stimulate blood circulation. I walk lout of the spa feeling much calm and energised.

My abode is so strategically located to the embassies, business and shopping districts with modern complexes that in 3 days period, I am done with all my work in the capital.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is my first time staying at Okura hotels. I went there with my husband last week for 3 nights. I must say this is definitely the best hotel I’ve ever stayed in Bangkok. I’ve been to Banyan Tree and Kempinski, both 5 stars, but the service quality and ambience of the hotel cannot be compared to Okura.

Upon check-in, the staff at the Front Desk were very professional and efficient. One of them escorted us to our room and carefully showed us every detail that we needed to know including the light control panel, mini bar, etc. Free Wi-Fi was available throughout our stay, although connection may not be fast enough sometime.

The hotel is at a prime location. It is directly connected to BTS station with sheltered pathway, and it’s only within 3 minutes walking distance. 7-11, Dean & Deluca, and fruit juice and newspaper stalls are just located inside the office building next door that is connected to the hotel as well.

After check-in, we had lunch at the hotel’s Japanese restaurant. We ordered the Weekend Lunch Set, which had a huge portion and was extremely delicious. The restaurant is on the 24/F, same level as the lobby, with a great city view. The service of the staff in the restaurant was excellent; although they don’t speak very good English but at least they tried their best to accommodate our needs.

For breakfast, we had a choice of buffet or Japanese style. Since the buffet style breakfast had so many food choices, we went for buffet breakfast for 3 days. Selection was superb, as well as food quality. You also get to choose from the Egg menu with a few omelet choices etc. The staff there were also great as they always make sure that you are being looked after, and they keep the tables and utensils really clean unlike other hotels that do not hire enough people to tidy up finished tables. The restaurant is also located on 24/F with great view.

Spa service was another two thumbs up. The service and skills of the therapists are so much better than those in other 5-star hotels, i.e. Banyan Tree. Although quite expensive, around 3800Baht for 2 hours (this is special promotion already), but I would say it’s worth the price. It’s so pampering that I decided to go again the next day.

Swimming pool is just next to the spa, on the 25/F. The pool was at standard pool size, with infinity edge. Only drawbacks are that they do not have umbrellas attached to the beach chairs/tables, and they do not have a pool-side bar.

We also had a nice dinner at Elements restaurant, which is just next to the swimming pool. We ordered Wagyu beef 350g for two persons (a must-try!) and 2 appetizers, fois gras and lobster. And we were already quite full. They even provided us with Petite Four. The presentation and food quality was at 6-star level.

I also need to highlight the exceptional service of their Front Desk and Security staff. On our second night, my husband’s wallet was stolen on our way back to the hotel. We asked the Front Desk for assistance. One of their staff helped us to find all the contact numbers for reporting the lost credit cards, and advised us to go to the police station next morning. Since we cannot speak Thai, the hotel had arranged a Security Officer (I think his name is Sampi) to accompany us to the police station as a translator. And because we did not have any more language barriers, the whole process at the police station only lasted for 30 minutes. Since the report was written in Thai, the Front Desk staff helped us to find a translation service which is just next to the hotel, and we had the report translated in English in less than 24 hours. During the whole incident, the hotel staff, those at the Front Desk and the Security, were all extremely helpful and professional. Although I cannot remember each of their names, but anyone who had helped us during this incident was very much appreciated.

Given the prime location, service level, food quality, etc., I will definitely choose Okura again on my next trip to Bangkok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We’re (I am!!) absolutely glowing – thank you so much for your very detailed review. First and foremost, we’re delighted that you enjoy our amenities including our talk of the town Breakfast Buffet, the traditional set meal in Yamazato, and that truly memorable dining experience in Elements, our European fine dining. We are very proud of the team there and we have shared your review with chef Cyril Cocconi. We also know how disturbing it can be when one loses his wallet and we are so glad to read that our team managed to assist you in such a professional manner and you were in the end able to enjoy a perfect holiday here in town, nearly forgetting this rather regretful moment. Lastly, we’re thrilled that you were able to take advantage of our location in the heart of the city with the convenient direct access to the Sky-Train System. We greatly appreciate your business and fantastic endorsement, and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon.
Pattaya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I am sure I gonna be back again in Bangkok. Too easy to take BTS. The staff they was very nice service.
I was very comfortable to be there. Especially at the club as I can joy every time I want. Good hotel, good service, good location and very nice pool etc.

• Stayed May 2013
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this great review about The Okura Prestige Bangkok. Our central location and easy access is indeed a big plus and we are really pleased to read that you enjoyed our Club Floor rooms and all the offerings in the Club Lounge. Looking forward to welcoming you back for more very soon!
Yours sincerely
HK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We chose to lodge in this hotel during our anniversary trip was because it was new and it's reviews are all good in tripadvisors and hotel.com.

And, our four day 3 nights stay in this hotel was proven to be a solid evidence to show that this hotel is really so great!!

Location:
Wonderful, just next to BTS Phloenchit, and it has a conncected skywalk, so convenient! And Chitlom/ Siam is also within the walking distance, of coz, it was hot in day time to walk from the hotel to Chitlom - Central World, but at night time, it was breezy in BBK and it was not a bad choice to walk from Chitlom to this hotel!

Hotel Exterior:
It is located up above a commercial building, the exterior is new in style and easy to be located by all taxi drivers.

Hotel Facilities:

The Room - is spacious, the washroom/Shower area and toilet are seperate while we could enjoy bath tub and watch TV at the same time, as the washroom is a open-style! (Of coz u can close the sliding walls!)

Swiming Pool:
Infinite type, the view is marvellous!!!!

Gym: Large, ok.

Restaurants: Very nice! we could choose to have western buffet at it's "Up and Above" restaurant/ Japanese style breakfast at its Japanese outlet (heard that this Japanese one is famous in Japan), but we decided to have three consecutive days of western one, as it was so good with lots of good choices of food, including herbal tea, order-to-make egg dishes, pork noodles, chinese style dim sum...even, there was fresh honey comb!! I really could not believe such wonderful supply of quality food!!

Service: More than impeccable!!!!
Very very nice!! All staff smiled cheerfully to you when they saw you, they even bowed with 90 degree sometimes!!! Not only referring to the front-desk staff, but also the housekeeping and repair and maintenance staff at lobby!!!
This hotel mostly impressed us was: As they knew we were on our Re-honey moon (wedding anniversary), they offered us a surprised blueberry cheesecake, a beautiful flower bundle, a congratulations card and even a rose bath!!!!!!!! This was what we unexpected!!! AND certainly, such kind of service must impress every guest too!!!

To conclude, this hotel grades A+.....

Room Tip: We just stay in deluxe room, but the view is good and it's so nice already!! Higher floors are b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on The Okura Prestige Bangkok. We couldn’t be happier that you felt our staff made you feel so welcome and that you were able to enjoy your anniversary here with us! We’re passionate about service and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your experiences with each member of our staff that you encountered. The 24th floor breakfast buffet overlooking the hustle and bustle of the city from above is a must-do, and we are more than pleased that you took pleasure in our food offerings. We hope that we have the honour of welcoming you back to our Bangkok Hotel soon and all the team is so pleased to note that we made you feel so special for this so very important occasion! Happy Anniversary!
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I m a bkk local people , Checked in 2 times in standard room type ,the room and all hotel decoration were very new because this is a japanese 5 stars brand new hotel in town and the totally room's style is all about Japanese which everything in the room such as such small toilet separately from bathroom , traditional bathrobe available , a very good taste of original green tea , the overall was very nice

The hotel located at heart CBD of Bangkok and connected BTS ploenchit station that very comfortable for both tourist and business people

Hotel's Breakfast had 2 choices of different outlet of restaurant and kind of food which can choose either international buffet at all day dinning or Japanese a la cart set ( light meal) at Japanese restaurant , a few guest had Japanese breakfast was very good if prefer a quietly

This hotel is vertical separately located in the same building of office and retails which on the office space ( lower zone ) and retail shops in the G floor a 24 hrs convenient store , another Japanese restaurant & bar and Dean & Deluca coffee are available as well

• Stayed May 2013
SamirWildemann, General Manager at The Okura Prestige Bangkok, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Khun Yossakorn,
Thank you so much for your review of The Okura Prestige Bangkok! Sometimes the biggest luxury is to escape home in one’s own city and be pampered in a hotel with a lovely dinner, thus we absolutely appreciate that you did just that. In all our Okura Hotels were are proud of our Food and Beverage offerings and our motto is to provide best Accommodation, best Cuisine and best Services and every month we have very unique happenings on offer. Chef Hagiwara has prepared a special for the first anniversary of Yamazato, and I hope you will have a chance to try Chef Cyril Cocconi monthly ‘Food is Art’ events in Elements. We appreciate your business and look forward to hopefully welcoming you back very soon.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed 4D3N with Okura, staffs are nice and helpful. Location is good, very close to BTS (just two BTS stations to arrive Siam Square). They have an outdoor infinity pool, gym, Spa and restaurants. You can choose either buffet breakfast at Up & Down Restaurant or traditional Jpn breakfast set at Yamazato Restaurant. Both are yummy(^^)!!! Hotel free wifi very stable, no matter in-room, the pool or restaurants. The bedded is soft and comfort. The in-room lighting and alarm clock are using the new modern system. We are using Japanese toilet in-room, can wash pat pat (bottom) ^^ kekeke!! The hotel is new and guests mainly come from business, not too crowd and noisy. However, travelers need to take care their kids at the pool as it is normal adult size deep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel located in the heart of Bangkok, from where you were able to enjoy very easy access to nearby upscale shopping centres and delicious restaurants alike. With the direct access to Bangkok's Sky Train System sightseeing becomes an even greater pleasure as you are able to reach areas such as the river front or Bangkok’s renowned Week-end market in less than 20 Minutes and we get so many great reviews on this. Also, we’re delighted that you liked the well-appointed luxurious guestrooms and the choice of breakfast venues. We hope to welcome you back to Bangkok soon!
Samir Wildemann

Been to The Okura Prestige Bangkok? Share your experiences!