“Not a 100% reliable, but all in all pretty good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Health Land Spa & Massage (Asoke)

Health Land Spa & Massage (Asoke)
55/5 Sukhumvit 21 Rd. | Khlongtoei Nuea, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand
66-2-261-1110
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #60 of 248 Spas & Wellness in Bangkok
Tokyo, Japan
31 attraction reviews
“Not a 100% reliable, but all in all pretty good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

First went to Health Land two years ago (different location), this time had 3 massages during the last week of December. Would not recommend Foot Reflexology, even though it is fairly reasonably priced at 280 Baht per hour. They don't actually work on your foot very hard, it is more of a leg massage, plus a little bit of arms and shoulders. We found Traditional Thai Massage at 450 Baht for 2 hours still the best deal. The masseuses were competent, and they had a feeling for the needs of your body. Also tried the Abhyanga-Shirodara-Package, which was really excellent, but at 2600 Baht for 2.5 hrs is not the best value for money Bangkok has to offer. Paid 2600 in advance, made an appointment, went there the next day only to find out that they could not do it and had to reschedule. Two days later it finally worked. Also went there on 12/31 for a Thai Massage, when they sent us right home, because they would only accept customers with a valid appointment. Conclusion: the quality is good, but you need patience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Cincinnati, Ohio
8 attraction reviews
“It depends on what you are looking for?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I was interested in a Traditional Thai Massage. Many Thais go to Health Land. Where the locals go is where you are probably going to get the most authentic and reasonably priced massage.

But first you have to like a Thai Massage. I enjoy a hard massage. This is by far the hardest whole body massage I have ever experienced. But it was different and I enjoyed it. You can choose from a a variety of massages. I chose the 2 hour Traditional Thai Massage for 450 bhat. I felt fine afterward. It was like going to the gym and working out. But some people will want a softer massage. To each his own.

Visited January 2012
Ansan, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
“Kind”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Easy to find this place and the staffs are kind. Place is quite big but the price is cheaper than I expected.

Montreal, Canada
19 attraction reviews
“It's hit or miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Did not know what to expect when I walked in the door. The entrance and ambience while waiting was very pleasant and inviting. Although the exterior of the building looked like it may be a very pricey place, prices ended up being very competitive to elsewhere in Bangkok. My first massage was amazing! Wow! The masseuse respected my requests for a gentler massage around my neck. When I got back to my hotel I was so relaxed and restful I missed dinner and slept through the entire night.
Second massage 2 days later was the complete opposite. The masseuse treated me like I was a peace of meat. She was rough, aggressive and uncaring. I couldn't wait to finish. I ended up with a sore neck for 3 days. In both cases they were Thai massages. A Thai massage should be given with compassion, joy and love. From my experience it was a hit or miss in this factory like setting.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 attraction reviews
“Good cheap massage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We love Health land - its so cheap but still feels like a high-quality establishment. The lobby is more like a 4/5 star hotel and the staff are really professional. Rooms are a bit small and drab but at least its better than the awful places around Bangkok that charge same price for massage together in a room with lots of strangers.

Visited October 2012