“Great custom tailor in Bangkok!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Universal Tailors

Universal Tailors
252/2 Silom Road next to Soi 18 | Bangrak, near Narai Hotel, Bangkok 10500, Thailand
+66 81 611 2313
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 261 Shopping in Bangkok
5.0 of 5 stars 344 Reviews
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: Run by father and son duo, Universal Tailors over the last 30 years have successfully establish itself as Bangkok's leading bespoke and custom tailor. We handcraft the finest bespoke suits and shirts with meticulous attention to details and made to fit perfectly. True to the highest standards of traditional bespoke tailoring; we offer authentic fabric, high end workmanship and friendly service. We believe in creating loyal customer relationship and sustaining them for life.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great custom tailor in Bangkok!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

i was in bangkok for a group trip, and stopped in to get a custom suit made. i was blown away by the service and great prices this tailor has to offer! the universal tailor team are experts and will assist with any tailoring needs. very professional and highly recommended. i will continue to order from them for many years to come!

Visited May 2013
Ronnie S, Owner at Universal Tailors, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Hi Chris,
Thanks for taking your time out to review about us. It was nice doing business with you and and your friends. Look forward to seeing you on our US tour.

Stuttgart, Germany
“Really special wish? No problem for Universal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Wow! I had a really special wish for my tailor made suit (really slim fit suit with a shorter pair of pants), but I trusted universal and hopped, that they were able to make this suit. They definitely did! In 24 hours (!!!) and after one fitting they gave me my dream suit! I can recommend this place, even though the prices are a little bit higher from other places. It is definitely worth it! Thank you universal!

Visited May 2013
Ronnie S, Owner at Universal Tailors, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hi Aras,
Thanks for taking your time out to review about us. You look great in that suit and please share the pictures on our facebook page. Look forward to seeing you soon!
Melbourne, Australia
“Tailor made precision”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I first visited Universal Tailors 5 years ago and have worn the shirts I hade made on a weekly basis without them showing any sign of wearing out. I don't think I have had any work clothes ever last that well. I recently returned to Bangkok and knowing how good the quality was I took the opportunity to visit Universal Tailors to have more shirts made as well as some suits. Ronnie made the experience so easy with a pick up service from my hotel as well as having the fitting done in my hotel to save me the hassle of having to get back to the store. The clothes were then delivered to my hotel prior to my departure in a suit bag which I could just carry onto the plane. I am extremely happy with the end result. While price wise the clothes were about the same price as what I normally pay for shirts and suits at home the quality and fit are far better. This is exemplified by the amount of compliments I have received at work. Thanks Ronnie I look forward to seeing you when you visit Melbourne.

Ronnie S, Owner at Universal Tailors, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Hi Jo,
It is always a pleasure seeing you each time. Hope our business relationship continues for many years to come. See you soon.
Ronnie.
Geneva, Switzerland
“Great quality and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We went to universal tailors due to its location close to our hotel and its rating on tripadvisor. We had a suit, several shirts and two ladies dresses made (based on my own favorite ones I wanted in other colors). The quality is great, service friendly, price is not cheap, but reasonable especially for a tailor made suit. There are several fitting sessions so you can make sure you really get what you want. Highly recommended.

Ronnie S, Owner at Universal Tailors, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Hi Adam,
Thanks for taking your time out to review about us. We are glad we could live up to your expectations. Look forward to seeing you again either in Bangkok or Switzerland.
Ronnie.
Singapore, Singapore
“Great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I found Universal Tailors on tripadvisor website. My visit to Bangkok was a short one; which I need to make a suit on Sunday. Universal Tailor is the only "highly recommended" tailor which could accommodate my schedule. (most tailor shops won't open on Sundays even though you tried to make an appointment)

Ronnie was very professional and the suit/shirts came out perfect.

Ronnie S, Owner at Universal Tailors, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hi Victor,
Thanks for writing about us. We are glad to live up to your expectations and hope to serve you more in the future. Will keep you informed when we visit Singapore for mail orders.