“One of the Best Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Siam

Save Saved
You added The Siam to your Saves list
The Siam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3/2 Khao Road | Vachirapayabal, Dusit, Bangkok 10300, Thailand   |
Ranked #6 of 757 Hotels in Bangkok
Jackson Wy
“One of the Best Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

The Siam Hotel is truly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. From the the moment of arrival the service is kind, gracious, attentive and utterly perfect. The Butler Service is the best I've ever had. We had a Mae Nam Suite which was extraordinary. The architecture, interior design and decorating are fabulous. The art and artifacts combined with all the modern touches and connectivity are a perfect blend of old and new. The hotel hotel is very quiet and is a perfect respite from the craziness of Bangkok. The gym is excellent, the food at Deco Bar and Chon is excellent and very reasonably priced. Wine on the Pier is a perfect way to end the day. Unfortunately, we did not get to experience the pool or the spa and therefore will be returning to Bangkok just to further experience and relax in the wonderful Siam. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Bangkok and encourage you to plan time to experience the beautiful property and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: I highly recommend Mae Nam Suites or the Riverfront Suites as they are huge with great views. There...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel is simply amazing, from the wonderful greeting upon arrival to the grand goodbye, the experience will forever remain with me and my friends!
Jason, the GM and staff are to be commended for their level of service ~ simply above and beyond all expectations.
The Hotel is more like a grand private home, and you are made to feel that this is YOUR home!
The location and tranquility has to be experienced to be believed.

Room Tip: We had the Pool side Villa and room 207 ~ both amazing! The Pool Side Villa is situated overlooking...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Words can't describe The Siam Hotel in Bangkok. Absolutely everything in this hotel has been well thought out! The service is beyond fantastic, the people who work at the Siam make you feel like you are at home. I could write an essay with -only- amazing feedback but you have to experience this for yourself! This is a must for anyone who loves beautiful interior, antiques, amazing service and overall an unforgettable stay! For those of you tour bus travelers & Sukhumvit types please stay far away from this hotel. Ps our butler Mac was amazing!

• Stayed August 2013
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the property for a weekend break. The hotel is truly an urban sanctuary - the antithesis of a city that never sleeps. The design is a blend of old world charm and style with a modern twist. The Riverview Suite where we stayed was simply stunning. Every item in the room boasts both form and function. The service was impeccable. The staff was extremely attentive and very friendly, particularly Aun. The Spa was beautifully designed. We loved the relaxation area with its high ceilings and fountain. The food at the hotel was also very good. The only disadvantage is the property's slightly remote location which made getting around a bit of a challenge. Given Bangkok's horrendous traffic, it could take any where up to 30 to 40 minutes to get to Pathum Wan which is where all the major shopping centres are situated. We also experienced some difficulties finding a taxi in the city that would take us back to the Dusit district which is where the hotel is located.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

The combination of attentive staff, including my wonderful butler, Oat made my stay at The Siam simply unforgettable. I spent several nights at The Siam and enjoyed every minute in the spectacular surroundings where even the smallest detail was well thought out. The aesthetics of the hotel included beautiful museum quality antiques, art deco period Asian masterpieces, and surprises in every nook and corner of the beautiful public spaces. I especially enjoyed the memorabilia and coffee table books in the "Library".

Eating breakfast under the veranda every morning was an incredible way to start the day, watching the Chao Phraya River flow past, while enjoying some of the best food I had in BKK. The mangoes were the best of my entire trip - and I made sure to have them every single morning! For breakfast, there were both European and Asian choices available - everything was cooked to perfection, and fun to taste something different than the same old toast, potatoes and eggs served in most other hotels.

Where ever you turn in the hotel there are wonderful staff there to assist, yet there is a feeling of privacy and calm throughout the grounds. From the crew of the private hotel boat, to the serving staff at breakfast, cleaning team, front desk and spa staff - everyone was gracious, lovely and very helpful. On two occasions I left for early morning outings from the hotel, before sunrise - the staff was there waiting outside my suite front door to make sure made my departure on schedule and had a beautiful and delicious take away breakfast prepared for me! Wow!

I could go on for several pages, so thank you to the wonderful staff at The Siam for being part of an unforgettable trip to Bangkok, I can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Sadly, I only got to spent one night here. But I shall be back for sure. The hotel is a wonderfully converted residence on the riverside, with exceptional levels of service. Room 306, as I am sure all the rooms are, was wonderful; large and fully featured with a sitting area, coffee machine, bedroom area, office area and huge bathroom. The beds were some of the best that I have encountered in a hotel.

The spa was excellent and the swimming pool looked very inviting, although I didn’t have time to try it.

Be warned that there is a step up into the bedrooms (small and easily tripped upon!). And my pet hate in any hotel is ‘musak’ … take note please, managers at The Siam, that on my next visit I don’t want that feature turned on in my room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Siam is a beautiful place - the pictures prove it. What the pictures can't show is the incredible warmth and hospitality of the staff. We visited in July and were blown away by the level of customer service. We were passing through Bangkok, en route to another city up north. The manager, Nicky, happened to be from that city. Not only did he type out a list of recommended locations and activities, but he also gave us his personal phone number, in case we should need his help later in our travels! Nicky and the staff looked after us incredibly well. It was a great way to be welcomed to a new country and a new culture.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Siam? Share your experiences!