“One of the better airport hotels” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok

You added The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok to your Saves list
The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 Ladkrabang Soi 7, Ladkrabang Road | Ladkrabang, Bangkok 10520, Thailand   |
Ranked #260 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
Scotland, United Kingdom
“One of the better airport hotels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel three times and continue it more than adequate for the cost. The beds remain excellent and staff are courteous and generally helpful. The restaurant is clean and the food is good, but the western breakfast still takes some getting used to, however remember you are in Thailand where nothing is straight forward, or like home.

I will continue to use this hotel, mainly because of the beds and the price. Well recommended.

Room Tip: Pay more and choose a larger rooms. The standard room is a bit pokey for two.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cottonfye, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us again during your recent visit. I am really pleased to know that The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok become your regular airport hotel. We will keep up all the good work and improve our weakness to increase our guest satisfaction during your stay with us.

I will pass this on to our F&B to monitor and improve on our breakfast quality.

Look forward to your next stay with us soon.

Nattakan C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

A nice plain hotel near the airport. Just make sure that they are well aware of what time you are arriving and contact them when you arrive as we had to wait on a taxi for a while. They do have a pick up service available.It is far out for visiting Bangkok. The cafe downstairs is lovely for coffee and tea and has nice cakes well worth a visit. Lovely friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Fuzzytwin2,

Thank you for your comment related on your recent visit with us. I am glad that your stay was pleasant. I am really sorry that kept a bit long for pick-up service. Normally, it would take about 10-15 mins after you met our hotel representative at the airport.

My airport coordinator acknowledged on this issue and will monitor on our transfer service to make it even more efficiency.

I hope to welcome you back sometime soon at The Phoenix Hotel.

Key Colony Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is a mixed review. This was an OK place to stay for an airport overnight stay. They will pick you up and take you back to the airport. For that, it is perfect.

Bring your own towels. For my stay, the room didn't have any towels. I don't know if this was an oversight or not because I just used mine.

This is a four story hotel without an elevator... be prepared. They had someone to carry my bags up at night and down in the morning. I did give them a nominal tip. Tipping is not usual in Thailand but the guys earned it carrying my heavy bags.

To get transportation to the hotel, go to gate 4 on level 2. There's kind of a "bull-pen" there with people representing the hotels that offer transportation. When I got there the Phoenix sign was not up. Just ask for the Phoenix and someone will help you.

They did have good cable TV with a few English channels as well as several channels with languages other than Thai... French & Chinese (I think)

The staff at the front desk in the evening and the next morning was conversant in English.

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you can, get a lower floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your feedback with us. I was surprised that there was no towels in your room and very sorry for that. I've passed this issue to our housekeeping team to be more careful on amenities in our guest rooms. Normally, we do have towels service in every guest rooms.

Thank you again for your comment and I hope to welcome you again.

Best regards,

Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

the hotel is really close to the airport but quite out of the city... though very close to the express line, making it perfect for long lay overs! rather check in to this cheap yet comfortable, clean and friendly hotel go have dinner in the city and be close to the airport for your morning flight! the restaurants thai food are really good and well priced.

fares include airport transport and breakfast (which i found a bit oily)

great one night hotel!!

Room Tip: upgrading to a deluxe room is dinitely worth the extra $10
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience during your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay was pleasant and joyful. I will pass your comment on breakfast to our Chef to improve the cooking quality.

I hope to welcome you back sometime soon.

Best wishes,

Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Quick stay between flights. Shuttle service worked wonderfully. Front desk staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly. Room was dandy.

Restaurant area isn't a great atmosphere - fairly sterile, but there's some street food available half a block away.

We were glad we chose to stay at the Phoenix.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent visit. I am glad to know that you had a good time at The Phoenix Hotel.

Hope to welcome you back again with us.

Vancouver Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed one night at the local airport hotel
It was fine
Very well priced.
It included an airport shuttle and that is so worthwhile rather than getting scammed by local taxis or those masquerading as taxis.
I asked airport information and they pointed me in the right direction right away.
So simple
I booked the return shuttle for 6 00 am and it was right on time
5 minutes to the airport. Just as promised
I got supper round the corner from the hotel and service was so much fun I bought the food vender a beer from the local 7 11 and you would have thought I had just given her an Olympic gold medal
Such fun.
Bill

Room Tip: No elevator so get the boy to carry your suitcase.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time sharing your experience with us. I am really pleased to know that your stay was pleasant.

I really hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,

York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Like most people, we only spent one night here prior to catching an early flight the next morning. The location is convenient, just a ten-minute taxi ride from the airport, and the hotel offers a free pick-up and drop-off service (tip: you have to call a few hours ahead to arrange the pick-up, but it's worth it because getting a taxi from the airport is a rip-off). It's also just a 15-minute walk from the Skytrain station, although the route is a bit complicated and the streets you pass through don't seem to be the most salubrious. But there's the ubiquitous 7-Eleven store and a few restaurants just around the corner.

Our room was basic but clean, and despite the proximity to the airport we didn't find plane noise to be a problem. The only downsides were lack of a safe in the room and no mortice lock on the door, so we didn't feel hugely secure leaving our passports etc. inside (not that the hotel gave us any reason to suspect room break-ins would be a problem).

Overall, at the price this hotel represents excellent value if you need a place to lay your head before an early flight.

(Tip for fauna-spotters: turn right outside the hotel and at the bottom of the road you'll find a canal that's home to a number of water monitors!)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to sharing your experience on your recent stay with us at The Phoenix Hotel. I am really pleased to know that your stay was pleasant. A safe box is available at our front desk for the guest to leave your valuable belonging.

I hope to be able to welcome you again with us soon in the near future.

Nattakan C.

Been to The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!