“Good choice for a stay near the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok

You added The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok to your Saves list
The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 Ladkrabang Soi 7, Ladkrabang Road | Ladkrabang, Bangkok 10520, Thailand   |
Ranked #259 of 765 Hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong
“Good choice for a stay near the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I called the hotel before my trip to ask how the free airport shuttle worked, and was told to go to Level 2, Exit 4. I found a bunch of drivers hanging around near Exit 4 and they were all friendly enough. I found my driver and was told to wait 10 minutes, which gave me enough time to buy a local data sim card for my iPhone at one of the counters. The shuttle got me to the hotel in less than 10 minutes.

The hotel lobby is pretty basic but that is expected. I had to walk through the ground floor rooms to get to the staircase, and with the coming/going of late and early travelers, it means that it will get noisy. Try to get a room on the second or third floor if possible.

I chose the deluxe option on the second floor and it was a comfortable size. The room has the basics: toilet amenities, hair dryer (and it's pretty strong too!), fridge, mineral water, TV, kettle, and even some snacks. While the room showed signs of wear and tear it was kept pretty clean. The shower area is large but the hot water wasn't very hot, which meant that I had a quick shower! Other than that, it was a comfortable, short stay and I had a good night's rest. You can hear the planes landing or taking off (quite faintly), but as I had my ear plugs on it didn't bother me.

I got up early to catch the 8am shuttle to the airport (the shuttle leaves the hotel on the hour for the whole day). No problems there, and they even knocked on my door 5 minutes to 8am to remind me of the shuttle departure.

This hotel is a good choice if you have a late arrival or early departure. Otherwise I believe it's quite far from the city center.

Room Tip: As it is very noisy on the ground floor, it is advisable to get a room on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback during your stay with us at The Phoenix Hotel. I am really please to read your positive comment on our staffs and hotel facilities. Your comment would encourage to even to better.

I am look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Got in midnight. Airport shuttle okay -- about a half hour then called back en route and could not find the new pickup. Room a bit shabbier and unclean than expected.
Man who showed me to room said if I need any thing ask him. Repeated this more forcefully. Than said "young girl". Felt creeped out. Not the kind of place I'd want to support.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for to dedicated your time sharing your experience during your recent visit at The Phoenix Hotel. Firstly, I have apologies for unsupposed experience occurred during your stay. The final warning has been issued to an identified staff by our management team for discredit of the hotel. Our head of housekeeping has been urged to carefully emphasize on the hotel cleanliness.I will assure that all issues was solved to maintain our service quality.

However, I am really hope that the hotel will have a chance to welcome you back again soon.

England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I decided to stay at this place due to the location and that they provide pick up and drop off to the airport and I had a early flight to catch back home.
Positive:
It was a nice spacious room. Had to pay for two because they have no single rooms. The internet was accessible in the room but was slow and cut off on my mobile.
Nice bathroom and good air conditioning also had tv with a few English channels.
Good if your just there for transit.
Takes a long time to get to the city and would not recommend for a longer stay.

I probably would have given the hotel a 4 rating if it wasnt for the pick up.

The negatives:
My plan was to stay there for 2 nights. But when I arrived at the airport I found no one waiting at the location stated. I did not have a Thai number (only there for 2 days didnt see the point) so I used a pay phone to call the hotel and they said ok we are sending someone over... wait at this place... I waiting for over 1 hour no one came. I called again and then they told me to wait near the door and they couldnt find me...waiting again no one came. Called again and waiting and no one. They kept saying the driver could not find me... not sure how he missed me, I waited exactly where they told me to. I always looked around to see if anyone came with the hotel name board. The only reason I waiting for so long because the quote for a taxi to the place from the help desk was around £8 and I was on a budget and thought it was ridiculous for the distance. But at the end after waiting for over 3 hours I decided to take the taxi. Didn't cost £8 but still was annoyed.

The area where the hotel is has many wild dogs running in the dark so was told not to walk around in the dark. So to go to the city the only way back to the hotel would be by taxi and the taxi drivers quote stupid price on the train station. Make sure not to pay the stated price and ask for the meter to be put on. Should cost you around 40-50 not 100 baht

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your recent stay with us at The Phoenix Hotel. On the behalf of the hotel, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for such an unsupposed experiences encountered during your pick-up service to the hotel. I will assure that our airport staff and reception work more closely to make our pick-up service more smoothly.

To explore in the city, we do have a shuttle bus service to drop you off at the nearest train station (Ladkrabang Station).

Warm regards
Povoa de Varzim, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a nice and small hotel. The room is not too big but it has enough space and is clean. There are a few complimentary products on the room (coffee, tea, chips,...) and the internet access is free as well. This is a nice stay in between flights because it is really close to the airport. Plus they have a free shuttle bus picking/dropping you off at Suvarnabhumi Airport. It is a bit far from the main centre of Bangkok so you should choose another hotel if your main interest is to visit the city, but I believe there's a metro station nearby.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Sincerely thank you for your time gave us your feedback during your stay with us at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok. I am very pleased that you had a pleasant experience and our service met your propose of staying near the airport in our hotel. And yes, the train station is nearby the hotel (3 minutes drives) to you to explore the Bangkok city. Also, free drop-off to train station is available.

Meanwhile, we hope to welcome you back again at the hotel in the near future.

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

The location is good if you need to be near the airport (e.g. have an early flight). There is a small amount of free parking available and some street parking, so the location can work well if you rented a car. If you have no car, then they provide a shuttle ride to the airport I think every hour (not totally sure about the frequency).

There is a a small cafe next to the hotel, though not open super late. There are some other places to eat in the vicinity, although the area is not super pedestrian friendly.

Noise from the airport was not an issue for me, was minimal enough and not all hours of the night.

Only issue I had was some trouble getting the air conditioning to work, but I never bothered asking the staff for help with this.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you to dedicated your time sharing your experience during your stay with us at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok. It is very delightful that our service met your purpose of stay in our hotel. Your issue has been urged to our maintenance department to re-check all equipments and facilities and make sure everything are in good condition.

Again, thank you for sharing your comment and tips. I am very please to welcome you back again sometime soon.

Best wishes,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is not a leisure hotel but it's great for an overnight stay if you have an early flight. Staff were friendly, the room was clean and comfortable with good air-con and fridge. Don't think there was a lift, I was staying on the 4th floor, but they carried my bags up.
They picked me up from the airport and dropped me off there at 6am the next morning. Also ran me to the train station (free of charge) when I had a few hours to spare after I'd checked in.
Only downside is the tiled corridors (common amongst all Thailand hotels) which can be noisy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Sincerely thank you for your feedback during your stay with us at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok. I am very pleased that our service met your expectation that we pride ourselves to delivery. Your issue has been raised up to our management team for our future hotel improvement project.

Look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the airport for pickup to gate 4 but couldn't find anyone. After a quick phone call a shuttle was there within 10 min. The man was always there but without a sign. You'll have to ask around at exit 4.

The hotel is down a side street with a 7 eleven around the corner which is very handy. Wouldn't leave the hotel at night though. The location is great if you're looking at just staying the night for transit.

Room was a good size with complimentary tea coffee and Oreos. Showers were clean and up to date with plenty of hot water. Best of all, there's good air conditioning.

The hotel doesn't have a lift. So if you don't do stairs, get a room on the bottom floor.

Would gladly book back here again if I need to transit in Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2013
Nattakan C, General Manager at The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much to sharing your feedback during your last visit with us at The Phoenix Hotel. Sorry for causing your inconvenience about the pick-up at the airport. Please feel free to call us, if you can't find our staff there.

I am really glad that you enjoy your stay in our deluxe room and the whole experience here with us.

And really hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Been to The Phoenix Hotel Bangkok? Share your experiences!