“Convenient location, great room and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Asoke Residence Sukhumvit

You added Asoke Residence Sukhumvit to your Saves list
Asoke Residence Sukhumvit
4.0 of 5 Condominium   |   235/20-25 Sukhumvit 21 (Asoke), Klong Toey Nue, Wattana, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #60 of 565 Specialty Lodging in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 172 Reviews
Dallas, Texas
“Convenient location, great room and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here based on a recommendation from a friend and I was pleased. The hotel is located in busy Sukhumvit area with very easy access to MRT/BTS so it is quite convenient with notorious Bangkok traffic. The room was spacious with nice comfy bed and decorated beautifully. Breakfast service was great with multiple delicious selections of hot/cold plates. Staffs were very helpful and friendly. All in all that is all you need for a hotel stay, great location with nice comfy room and helpful staff. I will definitely stay there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Lovely place. Very cheerful, professional and helpful staff (Special kudos to "Sorawit" and "Manneerat").

Rooms are spacious. Quiet locale. They have free DVDs and a player too. Breakfast spread is limited, but tasteful. Swimming pool is small, but clean and well maintained. Good for a dip.

Very close to the Petchaburi Subway Station and Asoke Skytrain Station. Would definitely stay here on next visits and is a sure recommend to fellow travelers.

Con (minor): Shower drain was not very effective (read slow). They tried, but couldnt resolve the problem. A regular dosage of drainex/drano would do the job.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights at the end of a two week long Thailand holiday. On a map I got confused with the Asoke Residence Mecure (or something) which is on the same road so I thought it was closer to the sky train end of the road rather than the MRT end.

The reception staff were lovely and very helpful. They even helped us get taxi's out on the street and gave the instructions to the driver in Thai. We used the pool everyday and found it small but great to be able to cool down. Having kids who have fair skin, we liked that it was out of direct sunlight. We were able to ask for towels at reception each time we swam and they provided them. Even on the last day when we checked out at 11am but our flight wasn't until that evening. They were happy to store our bags and for us to still use the pool in the afternoon and to provide us with towels for this.

The locations isn't the best and while there are some street food markets there isn't much in the way of restaurants besides a KFC and a subway in a mini mall a couple of blocks away. However we did discover Rossano's, an Italian restaurant about 1/2 way to the skytrain/terminal 21 mall, (5-10 min walk) which is an absolutely superb restaurant with some of the best Italian food I've ever had so can recommend it. There is a 7 eleven at the entrance to the driveway of the hotel which was very handy.

The rooms were huge. We had an 'executive suite' which was two rooms with a connecting door. One room was just a bedroom + bathroom, the other room had a large lounge and kitchen area as well as it being a huge bedroom + bathroom. Lots of room for kids to move around. 3 TV's as well. The rooms look a little dated but were big and so were still value for money.

They have been advertising a 'free tour' with each booking. We did the Khlong tour and while I love being out on the Khlong's for an hour, I dispute whether it is a 'free tour'. You are picked up in a nice air conditioned van and given a bit of a tour around BKK in the van for an hour or so before heading for the pier. At the pier you need to pay for your own boat ticket (not included in the 'free' bit). And at the end of the boat trip the van takes you to a large Gem store. After you look around there, there are shuttles to take you to the hotel (or any other location of choice). I'm pretty sure the 'free tour' is run by the gem store to get you (and every tour bus going judging by the crowds) in. All it costs the gem store is the van and driver as you pay the palace/khlong/temple ticket yourself. I think it should be disclosed to guests that you will be trapsed through a gem store at the end.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We have been staying in this hotel for 3 weeks and it is just wonderful. The staff are so lovely, always smiling and trying to help. The breakfast at the adjoined coffee shop is tasty (the coffee is amazing) and the waiter can't do enough for you - he has even been giving us Thai lessons every morning. I like the location, because it's not full of westernised pubs and cafes (therefore you aren't being over charged for everything), but it's a cheap taxi to all the places you want to go.They have computers to use, free wifi in the rooms, a relaxing pool area and washing machine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
nice
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

When we arrived at the hotel (we wanted to see it before booking) we were pleasantly surprised as the lobby looked great, the staff spoke good English, the rooms were nice and clean and it was not far from the MRT (not to mix up with BTS - it's very far). We wanted to book a room through Agoda as they had attractive price but the staff said they will give us the same price. So we chose to do what the staff suggested. As we liked the hotel, we asked the reception if they could give us the same price during 2 weeks (our whole stay in Bangkok). But they said it was impossible as they were only ok to give us the attractive price as long as Agoda proposed it. But since Agoda had this discount during only 3 days, we would have to pay the standard rate. So I really don't understand what these people are thinking! They have potential clients who would like to stay for 2 weeks (I guess that counts for something) but they don't want to make any effort?!
In resume, we stayed two nights at this hotel, the rooms are quite nice BUT you should know that the all the rooms are communicating. So if you're staying in a studio, you will not be able to sleep because you neighbor in one-bedroom junior is watching TV till 3 in the morning. It was really awful as we could hear our neighbor talk over the phone and understand every single word he was saying. We complained to the reception and asked to change a room but they said that all the rooms were the same and that they will talk to the client (which I hardly doubt. The hotel has a swimming pool which is very small, it's nice but only suitable for 1 or at most 2 persons. No towels for the swimming pool, you should bring the towel you have in the room. The breakfast is very basic and plain.There is a kettle, coffee, tea, fridge and a microwave oven in the room. The surroundings are nice, nice places to eat but everything closes before 9 p.m.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Campbell, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Well, actually, the room was fine and pool and breakfast were okay. However, I booked this hotel because I thought the location would be convenient to the airline train. On the map, it looks like it is fairly close, but in reality, I wouldn't want to haul my luggage from the hotel to the train station again.

When I checked in, they requested a 1,000 THB deposit. I don't really have a problem with this, however, they didn't give me a receipt for it, which I don't like. The next morning when checking out, I really can't recall if I got the 1,000 THB back or not.

This hotel has the same problem as many Thai hotels on all levels of service, they don't air condition the lobby and hallways. When walking in from outside, it feels worse than being outside because the air is stagnant. But as I mentioned, many hotels in Thailand do this.

The room we got was pretty nice. It has a place for a kitchenette including a sink, and a microwave, but no stove. However, since we had breakfast included we were not planning on cooking ourselves so was okay with that.

The pool was refreshingly cool. This is because it gets no direct sunlight during the day as it is nestled between two large buildings. I liked this, others may find it a bit too cool.

When we went to check out, we discovered that there were very few taxis going north on Asoke towards the airlink station. After waiting for what seemed like ten minutes, we decided to walk. This wasn't a terrible walk, but with luggage, the steep steps up and over the canal were painful, not to mentioned crossing some side streets. When I got to the station fifteen minutes later, I was soaked in sweat.

All and all, I thought the hotel was nice, but the location wasn't doing it for me so I don't plan to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is a hotel apartment sort of hotel with a kitchen and importantly for me, a balcony. The bed was really comfortable and the bathroom of good quality and very clean.

Maid service was clean and efficient and the reception staff very friendly.

One negative is that my curtains were not sufficiently thick to block out the large amount of light streaming in from the building opposite, but I got used to it. The pool is smaller than the photographs suggest, but it was a welcome place to cool off and wash off the smog of Bangkok.

One drawback is the 10 minute walk to Sky train, which invariably took longer than ten minutes as Bangkok streets are very crowded, however, the Metro was much closer.

As with everywhere in Bangkok, taxis are hit and miss for two reasons, simply too much stationary traffic to even bother getting a taxi , taxi drivers are picky about who they pick up and where they want to go...be prepared to try 2 or 3 taxis before getting into one. Beware of scams, get out of any taxi that refuses to put a meter on.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Asoke Residence Sukhumvit? Share your experiences!