“Lovely, clean and modern on a budget” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nantra Silom

You added Nantra Silom to your Saves list
Nantra Silom
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130/8-12 Soi 8 Silom Road | Suriwong Bangrak, Bangkok 10510, Thailand   |
Ranked #370 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely, clean and modern on a budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Perfect location right on the tube and next to the patpong night market. You could access anywhere very easily.

The room although basic had a very modern feel to it and felt more expensive thanthe price, VERY comfy bed!

Only downfall was breakfast which was very basic.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I had to look for hotel close to Smile Society hostel because I was declined by Smile Society Hostel because I am brown. They have something against people with brown skin or with asian. I have written a review about that hostel here in Tripadvisor as well.

Anyhow, I saw the sign of Nantra that they are offering a private room for 900 thai baht. So I went in and ask them if they have a single room for available. The receptionist was very accommodating and immediately said they have and for 900 thai bht, it is with en-suite, in room safe, hot shower, aircondition, and their rate includes free wifi and breakfast. My sleep was really good as the rooms were quite. I stayed in the 3rd floor not facing the street. You actually have the option to book online with Agoda.com which will come out roughly 40 thai baht cheaper. Depending on your bank's current exchange rate. I booked it with agoda yet I was received without any hesitation. I never tried their breakfast though. I should have. It was a budget stay yet it was good enough for the value of your money.

Room Tip: they charge the same price either single or double occupancy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Vienna, Wien, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Room Tip: They charge the same price for either Single or Double room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel is well located for night life on the Silom Road and close the sky train to explore Bangkok. The rooms are basic, but all essential needs covered. Staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel attracts an international crowd of guests who are very keen to chat over breakfast. Would recommend this as a budget option for a few nights in the City.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Bali, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

was stay on this hotel for songkran festival 2014,
the location was great, staff very helpful...
we got twin + extra bed at 4th floor, clean room, fast free wifi

it's just that the bathroom is too small, open at the top of the door and the shower floor slope is not good, thus making the water flood in the bathroom shower,

limited number of breakfast, so if late for breakfast into the dining area had to ask staff to add bread ..

The hotel also does not provide smooking room, so for smokers must smoke outside the hotel

overalls this hotel recommended

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

this hotel i have been stayed for many times. it's a very good and convience to tavel in downtown BKK.Very near to BTS Saladeang and also not too away from Siam Paragon and MBK. One of the Staff: Ora-Chanun,she is very kind and heip me immediatey to check in upon on my request. As i know the songkran 2014 festival is just over on 15/4/2014 and many guest still not checking out yet.But,instead she help me to solve my problem and got a very clean room for me. Orelse, i have to wait until 2 pm for the official check in time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

When I read the reviews I was initially hesitant to book this room but the price was my motivating factor. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised, I found it to be a good value for the money. I had good wifi in my room (on the 4th floor), the staff was really helpful (even allowed me use of their personal phone to make a local call) and the room was small but clean. I was in one of the rooms w/no windows but I was actually happy about that- it helped me to sleep in. I read some reviews describing it as down an "alley"- that is not accurate. It is a soi which is like a street off of the main street. As far as people offering massages and adult shows, etc- the hotel is very near the Red Light District so you know what you're getting when you book. It is also less than a 5 minute walk to the Night Market and centrally located between two Skytrain terminals. I would recommend this place and I would stay again. The only thing that kept me from giving it an excellent review is when I arrived at 10am I was told checkin was not until 2pm but for 300 baht ($10 USD, or half the price of one nights stay) the room was ready and I could check in early. This is annoying because if the room is clearly ready it seems tacky to charge someone to check in early. I could understand if it was still being cleaned, etc. but if the room is ready there should be no additional charge to check in early. Other than that I was very happy with the property.

Room Tip: Make sure you're getting a room with a window if you need/want that. There is a price difference...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Nantra Silom? Share your experiences!