“Wonerful Nice location and a very good staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nantra Silom

You added Nantra Silom to your Saves list
Nantra Silom
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   130/8-12 Soi 8 Silom Road | Suriwong Bangrak, Bangkok 10510, Thailand   |
Ranked #449 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Wonerful Nice location and a very good staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

this hotel i have been stayed for many times. it's a very good and convience to tavel in downtown BKK.Very near to BTS Saladeang and also not too away from Siam Paragon and MBK. One of the Staff: Ora-Chanun,she is very kind and heip me immediatey to check in upon on my request. As i know the songkran 2014 festival is just over on 15/4/2014 and many guest still not checking out yet.But,instead she help me to solve my problem and got a very clean room for me. Orelse, i have to wait until 2 pm for the official check in time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

When I read the reviews I was initially hesitant to book this room but the price was my motivating factor. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised, I found it to be a good value for the money. I had good wifi in my room (on the 4th floor), the staff was really helpful (even allowed me use of their personal phone to make a local call) and the room was small but clean. I was in one of the rooms w/no windows but I was actually happy about that- it helped me to sleep in. I read some reviews describing it as down an "alley"- that is not accurate. It is a soi which is like a street off of the main street. As far as people offering massages and adult shows, etc- the hotel is very near the Red Light District so you know what you're getting when you book. It is also less than a 5 minute walk to the Night Market and centrally located between two Skytrain terminals. I would recommend this place and I would stay again. The only thing that kept me from giving it an excellent review is when I arrived at 10am I was told checkin was not until 2pm but for 300 baht ($10 USD, or half the price of one nights stay) the room was ready and I could check in early. This is annoying because if the room is clearly ready it seems tacky to charge someone to check in early. I could understand if it was still being cleaned, etc. but if the room is ready there should be no additional charge to check in early. Other than that I was very happy with the property.

Room Tip: Make sure you're getting a room with a window if you need/want that. There is a price difference...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel stand in the Silom area which can be termed downtown Bangkok,
The hotel rooms are small, but if you are a business traveller, the room size must not matter, all the major shopping malls like MBK and street markets are close by.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Second stay in this boutique hotel because of its right in the middle of Silom. Interior is bright, clean and quiet, even there is no window in the small room. Meet the basic need for overnighting. Free breakfast which is home like. Great value for money. The first time I stayed they make a double entry for my use of the hotel phone call, corrected later. Never touch the phone again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I've stayed here once before and it was excellent. Very clean room although compact, ideal location for all that Silom has to offer including the gay scene. Unfortunately this time I booked a deluxe bedroom which must have been trashed with the venting broken off the AC, furniture coverings ripped off and worse of all - fleas. Fleas everywhere in the room. all over the bed, the shower even in the safe! I wouldn't stay here again - there's a lot better options near by for only a little bit more bhats!

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Hue, Vietnam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

The staff is rude, cold, unwelcoming and they can't muster a smile...ever. I booked a standard room with 2 twin beds on agoda.com because I was traveling with a friend. When I read the details in the confirmation email, it said that it could only accommodate 1 person. If you look at the photos of standard room on their website and on agoda, it shows 2 twin beds. I emailed the hotel. They refused and refused to give us 2 beds. I explained that I wasn't asking for an upgrade, a bigger room, or a nicer room but that I just wanted what I booked. They again refused. When I mentioned that I would write to agoda about the problem, they relented, and magically 2 twin beds were available. I thought the problem had been solved via the veiled threat. When we arrived I asked them to confirm that the room had 2 beds. To this, the receptionist barked at me that the room had 1 double bed. Alas, it had 2 twin beds pushed next to each other (maybe this is what they call a double bed??). The staff remained cold and unfriendly. When the lock box in the room didn't work, they said they would tend to it within 10 minutes. It took 3 more calls to the lobby to get them to come up and they did so very unhappily. For about 10 bucks more per night you can go across Silom street and stay in many other hotels that are head and shoulders better than this place. Nothing was terribly awful, but it was just lousy overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Heraklion, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We booked with my family for two nights.WHEN WE ARRIVED, EVERY THING LOOKED GREAT.[ROOMS A BIT SMALL].But we thought that its only for sleep.We payed all the money 5.600 TB for two nights when we just arrived.We went to our room but not water at all.They said that something was broken and it will be fixed in the morning.It was fixed next day at 13.00.We lost the half day waiting for the water.We went in the center of Bangkok, and when we got back at 21.00 at night they said that water is not fixed yet.Next morning was water for a couple hours.Then, no water again.All the guests went away, and in a few hours the hotel was empty.BUT, here is the point.When we said that maybe they would give us some money back, becouse we did not have water for the two days, they said right away that we will get all of our money back.5.600 TB.We had breakfast for two days , which breakfast is very very poor,[nearly nothing],internet was sooo slowly,specialy in the rooms,but what impressed me very much is that when the water was finished, the manager and the staff were so much stressed .They were all making phone calls to sort it out and gett water with anyway.They were running up and down until the water comes.I realised that they are very rensponsible people, But it happened.and of course they did not want this to happen, but it did.Now, for being honest, i would sugest to guests to go there, but breakfast must be better, or just take the room without breakfast.They must do something with the ineternet,and not runn out of water again.

Room Tip: Rooms are small but you go there for a sleep.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Nantra Silom? Share your experiences!