“Location Yes - Service Maybe” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21

Save Saved
You added Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21 to your Saves list
Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2,88 Sukhumvit Soi 19 (Wattana), Sukhumvit Rd | Khlongtoei Nua, Bangkok 10110, Thailand   |
Ranked #113 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Location Yes - Service Maybe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Very conveniently located. Great A/C! Nice pool and health center. The staff were willing but not particularly helpful when it came to directions and recommendations. No alcohol provided; no bar, but plenty nearby.

Room Tip: Don't let them allegedly "upgrade" you to a twin room, because I think it is just a sw...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
GCPTerminal21, Executive Assistant Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear our valued guest,

On behalf of the all staff of Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21, we would like to express our sincere appreciation for your support for choosing to stay with us and comment received. It also has been our pleasure to serve you. Per your instructive comment about the information counter service, we apologize for the inconvenience and surely will strive to improve our staff in responding to our guest need as much as we could. Besides, we hope your stay would be an enjoyable experience staying with us. Once again, thank you very much and hope to have you visit again.

Sincerely Yours,
Prawi V.

796 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

This was my second stay at Grande Centrepoint Terminal 21. My last stay was a few years ago when the hotel first opened. The price has gone up, but sadly, the standard of service has deteriorated significantly.

The only redeeming quality of this hotel is its location. The hotel has one of the best locations in Bangkok because it is located at the intersection of the BTS (skytrain) and MRT (subway) lines. The heavy traffic congestion along Sukhumvit Road and downtown Bangkok makes the BTS and MRT a fast and efficient way of getting around. If you will be relying on the Bangkok BTS or MRT, this location is fantastic. This is the reason why I decided to stay at Grande Centre Point again.

Unfortunately, taxi and car access to the hotel is very poor. The intersection at which the hotel is situationed is one of the most congested areas in Bangkok and getting to and from the hotel by car can be a real nightmare, especially during peak hours. At 5pm on a weekday, it took me 45 minutes to travel 1km from the hotel. If you will be travelling alot by car or taxi, it would be better to consider a hotel in another location.

The "Terminal 21" shopping mall is connected to the hotel and offers fantastic facilities including a cinema, gourmet supermarket, gym, restaurants, a fantastic food court and good shopping.

The hotel facilities are good. The rooms are clean and modern but can feel a bit cold and lacking in character. The hallways are run down. The toilets are Japanese style and have many interesting functions. The outdoor pool is good but nothing special.

Unfortunatley, the service is very poor, with seemingly disinterested, cold and inattentive staff. The quality of service is far from the standard I have come to expect in Thailand, especially in hotels within this price range. It feels as if the staff focus on just clocking in, doing the bare minimum, and then clock out again at the end of the day. No effort is made to go the extra mile or to make guests feel welcome.

On many of my visits to reception, I was not seen to immediately because the staff were too busy chatting to each other. While I was finally attended to, the staff would continue their conversation while helping me. The doorman was usually too busy playing with his phone to attend to guests.

There were also a few specific experiences which made me think less of the hotel. When the hotel was unable to complete my dry cleaning on time, they did not notify me and merely placed the dirty laundry back on my suitcase while I was out. I did not realise my clothes were still dirty until I was packing. When I checked in at 9am, I was required to pay an early check in fee (around USD100), which is an unprecendented requirement in all my stays in luxury hotels around the world. To me, these incidents demonstrate that the hotel is lacking an appropriate service philosophy and an attitude of responsibility towards guests.

My suggestion is that if you like the location of Grande Centre Point and its access to the MRT and BTS (which is its main feature), please consider the Westin or the Sheraton which share a similar location and will give you a better holiday experience. If you want a hotel which has a great location, good access to the BTS and also good car and taxi access, try Novotel Fenix Ploenchit or Marriot Sukhumvit Park. These hotels are safe bets.

Personally, I really don't think Grande Centre Point is worth it, especially given the price, the quality of service and alternatives available. I won't be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GCPTerminal21, The Management at Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear our valued guest,

First of all, we thank you very much for taking your value time to bringing the matter up to attention and provide us your feedback during your stay in our hotel.
I am most sorry to learn of the shortcoming you experienced with the service provided by our housekeeping staff about laundry. Our staff just simply failed in providing the efficient service and to inform our guest.
The matter has been addressed with our management to look into the situation in order to ensure such that will not re occur. The concerned staff has been briefed to ensure that this kind of incident should not happen again.
Once again, reiterating my profound apologies, we are striving to improve the service standard. It is truly helpful to hear your comment. If there is something I can be of your further assistance please feel free to contact us.

The Management
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very convenient location with a shopping mall next door (which has an amazing food court for cheap and restaurants for more specialised cuisines). Good transport links to other tourist attractions.
Breakfast was alright, Chinese breakfast was nice but English breakfast was not, most days was cold, especially hash brown and bacon were cold and hard. Highly processed meat sausages were tasteless and overcooked. (not a deal breaker however something to improve on).
Loved the toilet, partner and I had a good time trying all the different functions. Hotel pool was nice. Staff were friendly, would stay again if visiting Bangkok again. Extremely good value for money when compared to European hotels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear our valued guest,

We hope you had a wonderful visit in Bangkok and great experience stay with us. Per your comment, we will share among team. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and However, one suggestion about the Food service will be passed to all concerns in order to improve. We sincerely apologize for inconvenience.
Besides, we hope the other part of our service would satisfy you and we hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Sincerely Yours,
Prawi V.
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Great location with direct access to BTS & MRT as it is connected to the Asoke BTS station. Easy connection from airport with the express train which connects to the BTS so you can travel under cover for the whole trip . it sits on top of huge shopping centre with plenty of food, shopping and entertainment. You wont be disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks Feb 2013 from 15 Feb - 1 Mar 2013 -
The Hotel is next to the Terminal 21 Shopping Mall, Right at the Asok BTS station.
The Rooms is the best in the World....
The Swimming pool and Gym is 100% Nice and of the best in the World.

I had a great Stay....

Room Tip: I like the Swimming pool view and stayed on the 25 floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GCPTerminal21, Executive assistant Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear our valued guest,

Thank you very much and we sincerely appreciated your kind support.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards,
Prawi Vienravi,Ms.
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Large room modern in style with great view and bathroom .

Only 3 small negatives
No bedside lamps so u are lite up like Xmas tree in bed had to push very hard to get a reading or bedside lamp
Electronic Curtains are either open or closed no half way but livable
Canteen super busy like a railway station but good inc breakfast was good ,

Bed was excellent , amazing wc Japan style - great TV with good reception and Internet access and quiet . I paid a special price on agoda so great value and being next to terminal 21 great location
For entertainment cinema and shopping and skytrain access to anywhere . Ill stay again . Remind staff they are 4.5 star and that includes service not just facilities .
Clientele open and friendly for all

• Stayed May 2013
GCPTerminal21, Executive Assistant at Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear our valued guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and certainly it is our pleasure to serve you.
Also, we appreciate your time in sharing the experience and helpful comment.

It will be passed on to the management and all concern for the solution and just to make our guest an enjoyable stay.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for further inquiries and we look forward to your revisit us again in the near future.

Prawi Vienravi, Ms.
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel is located exactly under station 'Asok' and it's very convenient to travel around the city with SkyTrain, just right next to the hotel is a shopping mall called Terminal 21, which there are a lot of shops, a cinema, and a food court located on 5th/6th floor.

The hotel was nice and new and very grand at first sight.
We arrive the hotel and the bell greeted and took our luggage, there were also a small corner for coffee and welcome drinks. The structure of the lobby is very wide and it's not really visible for guest to notice there is another side which there are huge sofa there.

Front Desk staff are also friendly, but they didn't offer the choice of giving cash deposit, not until I ask did the staff say you could also pay by cash, but my card has already swiped.

Room was nice and clean, with really big windows and nice view outside. Room is well-equipped with microwave, refrigerator and a sink.
Breakfast was nice, but I was expecting a little bit more variety is terms of food as this is a 5-star, and their menus are the same everyday. I would say local noodles shop tasted better than the one in hotel. Staff were not as welcoming as I thought, I was expecting there is a little bit more guest contact overhearing from the unique Thai hospitality culture.

Swimming pool was also nice, we did enjoy the night view of the city.

I would like to especially thank the bell/ concierge, there are all super friendly and very informative.

One downside was the expensive taxi, going to the domestic airport costs 400baht, which if its by meter-taxi is around 200baht only. Traffic were super serious in bangkok, it took me one hour to get to the airport.

Overall my stay was pleasant and I feel secured.

Room Tip: Go for a room located at the upper zone which you can get a better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
GCPTerminal21, Executive Assistant Manager at Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear our valued guest,

Thank you very much for your time. We appreciate your kind comment and support, especially your time sharing an nice experience staying with us.
Please do not hesitate to come back and revisit us.
Your complement is truly an reward for all of our staff.

Best Regards,
Prawi Vienravi
Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Grande Centre Point Hotel Terminal 21? Share your experiences!