“had nice experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel So Bangkok

You added Sofitel So Bangkok to your Saves list
Sofitel So Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 North Sathorn Road | Bangrak, Bangkok 10500, Thailand   |
Special Offer
Special code 25-35% Off
Ranked #20 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Seoul, South Korea
“had nice experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

every staff put smile on each face with warm- heart that made us felt comfortable as like we stay at home and they gave us useful information to enjoy Bangkok like local people.
if my friend have travel in Bangkok, I definately will recommand that they stay at a stylish room with a wonderful view.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Nusara A, So Experience Guru at Sofitel So Bangkok, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for taking your time to give us your feedback on your recent experience with us at Sofitel So Bangkok.

We are glad to hear that you had a lovely stay and memorable experience wit us, particularly with the warmth and friendliness of our ambassadors. Your encouraging feedback has then shared with the team as it will surely help us thrive to the best and consistency.

I hope your plan will bring you to Bangkok and to Sofitel So once again in a very near future.

We thank you for your valuable feedback as it helps us in driving our standards to the best.

Akira Yan-Ubol
So Experience Guru

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

My experience with the Sofitel group has been pleasant. Trying new hotels is my hobby. I spent two nights and found this new hotel is interesting.

Colourful is the first word I had in my mind. There are several sections: fire, water, metal, etc. I could not remember clearly but I think I chose metal ... not sure. It's blue.

Most things were up to standard.

Room Tip: Good for honey-moon makers or for couples. However, may be embarrassing if you share your rooms wit...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We are glad to hear that you had a lovely stay with us overall and find our rooms concept interesting.

Akira Yan-Ubol
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Just awesome & So stunning .... The interior of this hotel .... Has tapped into the elements of nature & the rooms are themed accordingly. The Earth room is my personnal favorite, but the water room is black & stunning too !!! The staff & personnalized service is just delightful & gorgeous !!! I just had to come back again, before departing Thailand. Erika

• Stayed December 2012
Nusara A, So Experience Guru at Sofitel So Bangkok, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us at Sofitel So Bangkok.

It is our utmost pleasure to hear that you had a fantastic stay and memorable experience.
Your feedback is truly encouraging.

We hope your plan will bring you back to Bangkok and Sofitel So in a very near future as we sincerely hope to have you as our returning guest.

Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Once again, thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Akira Yan-Ubol (Ms.)
Antwerp, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The rooms are amazing,bed is the best bed you can imagine.Decoration of the room is into perfection.If you decide to travel to Bangkok,do not hesitate to reserve this hotel,its the best choice you can make,the best value for your money.If i go back to Bangkok i will reserve this hotel again for 100%.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Yves M, General Manager at Sofitel So Bangkok, responded to this review, October 19, 2014
Dear Khun frank520428,

So-wasdee khrub from Sofitel So Bangkok.

I would like to start by apologizing on the delay of this reply. I am the new appointed General Manager of the Sofitel So Bangkok and one of my ultimate goals is to reply to all reviews on Trip Advisor. Furthermore, I highly appreciate you for taking the precious time as to provide your experience during your 2012 stay at the So.

There might have been some challenges during your first visit then, however, I can guarantee you now that if your plan brings you back to Bangkok and that you choose to return to Sofitel So Bangkok again, your experience will be thoroughly enjoyable and memorable.

Please allow us the opportunity to welcome you back as we love to have the pleasure of better serving you and seeing you become our regular guest!

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Truly a wonderful experience staying in Sofitel So Bangkok. Beautiful rooms especially the ones in the Wood & Water Elements. The staff are friendly & warm. The Concierge desk were very helpful in giving advise where to eat good Thai meal. The rooftop bar serves excellent cocktails & the view is magnificent. The buffet breakfast served on the 7th floor in Red Oven restaurant was sumptuous & fab. Location of the hotel too is great away from the crowded & noisy Sukhumvit road, yet walking distance(12 minutes) to the Skytrain station Sala Daeng which 3 stations to the Siam Paragon & Central Plaza Shopping Malls. The swimming pool on the 11th floor has the infinity concept & is lovely. I enjoyed a swim here very much. This hotel is so relaxing & the Spa is world class. I had 2 massages & were superb.

Room Tip: Choose room either in the wood element or the water which are a little more expensive but worth the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Khun amaladantas879,

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Recently spent two nights at this beautiful new hotel. Stayed in 'wood' room which was overlooking the park. Staff were excellent and breakfast in the restaurant was perfect. Close enough to walk to skyrail which is very convenient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Yves M, General Manager at Sofitel So Bangkok, responded to this review, October 2, 2014
Dear Khun 9lasseter,

So-wasdee khrub from Sofitel So Bangkok.

There might have been some challenges during your first visit then but I can guarantee to you now that if your plan brings you back to Bangkok and that you choose to return to Sofitel So Bangkok again, your experience will be thoroughly enjoyable and memorable.

Yves Mudry

Been to Sofitel So Bangkok? Share your experiences!