“almost perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oriental Residence Bangkok

Save Saved
You added Oriental Residence Bangkok to your Saves list
Oriental Residence Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   110 Wireless Road | Lumpini, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third night free!!
Ranked #3 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
london
“almost perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

have just finished a three night stay here and then moved on to another hotel in Bangkok. I would have loved to stay longer at this hotel, but wanted to experience different locations.

My room was wonderful. Splendid bathroom and very large bed, sitting room and a desk to work at and a small kitchen area. My room was impeccably clean and always kept tidy. I felt very comfortable and relaxed in the hotel and have rarely had so much space. Oh and a delicious Thai dessert welcomed me to my room

Breakfast provided a good selection and my only gripe was that the service could have been more attentive. I felt quite cross that I was presented with a bill even before begin presented with a coffee! there were also a lot of very small children about. Parents should be forced to sit in a special area and endure each other insufferable winning children (only Joking!)

I ordered room service twice. The food on both occasions (red duck curry - burger and chips) was excellent and very cheap for room service.

I agree that it can be a bit of a trek to the skytrain (about 10 mins walk) but the hotel is well worth staying in (I am now writing this hunched up on a bed in my new 5 star hotel instead of at my desk in my sitting room in the oriental)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear stevenss4,

Thank you for sharing your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and found it to be clean and welcoming. I am sorry that a little parts of your stay were less than perfect. I will follow-up with the staff at Café Claire. Consistency of service on a daily basis is something that we strive for.

We truly appreciate your kind recommendation and look forward to seeing you again. Have a happy and healthy 2013!

902 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed there for two nights. Very nicely decorated. Staff was extremely helpful to guide us through the sightseeing locations. Our room was very clean. The staff actually took an extra step to put their hotel slippers by the bed side for us. Great service. We also appreciated that the hotel room had a small kitchen. We bought breakfast from across the street one morning and it came in handy with the kitchen.

Simply lovely.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Cherry C,

Thank you. We greatly appreciate your comments about the level of service as well as the value of your experience. We hope to see you again! Happy New Year!

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is beautifully furnished and it is obvious much thought has gone into its interior design. That's about the only positive thing I can say.

I was very disappointed with the cleanliness of our room for such a fine establishment. The soles of my feet turned black if I walked barefoot in our room. The bathroom was not very clean. Servicing of the room was inconsistent. Supplies were not replenished.

I would recommend avoiding the concierge. The concierge recommended restaurants frequented by "farang" or tourists even though I had specifically asked for places where locals frequent and was given assurances about the recommendations made. We also went on a tour arranged through the concierge which was alright only. On top of the exorbitant price charged through the hotel we were expected to pay the guide and driver a tip (add 500 baht to what you're quoted). I think this is criminal because its not stated on the brochure or explained to you prior to booking. By the way, the concierge also expects a big tip for very poor recommendations. We stupidly still tipped but in hindsight wouldn't do it. Why should we tip someone for not listening to our needs and making poor recommendations. We expected better from a fine establishment.

Lastly the location is a little inconvenient. You need to get a taxi or take the BTS two stops to the central area of Bangkok. There is a free shuttle bus to the BTS but not coming back from the BTS.

I would not return here. I've stayed at better and I think The Oriental Residence has some improvements to make it a truly 5 star experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear vanillabeanz,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. I am truly sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. I assure you that the experience you had is not representative of the service we strive to provide. Your comments are important to us and we will share them with our team so that we can improve upon the issues you mentioned. I hope that you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a comfortable and enjoyable stay. Have a happy and healthy 2013!

Santiago, Region Metropolitana, Chile
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Never been to this hotel and checking in I was greeted by my name! (by MIss Joy, at the reception, absolutely amazing girl. thanks!). I really love this hotel, the staff, everything about this place is above average and more. One of the best hotel room I've ever stayed in, and the staff was what made it for me, such a happy place and people. Will definately going back to stay if I'm back in Bangkok again as soon as possible, if not sooner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Dear khoonchan88,

Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful review. I will certainly share your words with Miss Joy as well as the rest of my team. It has been my goal to provide a positive work environment for my staff so that they in turn can always provide the best for our guests. We would love to have you return for another “amazing visit” to the Oriental Residence Bangkok. Have a happy and healthy 2013!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed five nights at the Oriental Residence at the start of a two-week SE Asia vacation and were incredibly impressed. The place feels more like a high-end condominium than a standard hotel (a lot of hotels in Bangkok seem to have "residences" attached to them). Like many people, we were immediately upgraded upon reserving online to a one-bedroom suite, which had a huge living room area, comfy couch and large flat-screen tv, floor-to-ceiling windows with great views and a small terrace (nice but considering the heat you probably won't want to use it), sleek hardwood floors, and an enormous marble bathroom.

What sets the Oriental Residence apart is the fabulous staff. The front desk feels more like a concierge area, and you'll get gracious and personal attention from everyone you come into contact with. Service was impeccable.

The kitchen had everything we needed to have our own breakfast before heading out to sightsee, and we usually took advantage of the free shuttle to the Chit Lom skytrain station, and once you're there you can take the elevated walk to the amazing gigantic malls that line that large street. From the skytrain the rest of the city is easy to get to. We looked out on the park and ambassadorial buildings, so noise wasn't a problem. The pool is enclosed but open to the outdoors, and open late--and while it was quiet, that means that you'll essentially have the pool to yourself, which suited us just fine. Room service food (necessary after 24 hours of travel) was excellent, and the Cafe Claire restaurant was a bit expensive but delicious. For the very reasonable price, the Oriental Residence is a fantastic value.

Room Tip: Rooms on parkside are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear D_Puppet,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your experience at our hotel. We are simply humbled by your kind words and will share it with our team. Our employees are our best asset and I am so pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations. We spend hundreds of hours training every year to ensure we perform up to our guests expectations and we love it when a guest has the experience we want to deliver.

If your travel plans ever lead you back to our our area please let me know.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Before deciding to book a hotel reservation. I would read trip advisor recommendation. 2 nights stay in oriental residence is too short. Friendly staff, courteous and well mannered. They would make an effort to make your stay memorable. Free shuttle to the train station. Best rooms for the price of a 3 star hotel. If there is another star to rate this hotel, it should have been a seven star hotel. Again, trip advisor rated this hotel correctly, and I would always respect your rating. flawless in terms of client service.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Dear Louie B,

It is a true pleasure to hear your thoughts about your recent visit. I am very proud of my team and their dedication to exceptional service and I will be sure to share your kind words with them all.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again in 2013, and wish you a happy and healthy holiday season!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I only had two nights in this hotel last week, but I wish that it had been longer. The entire experience, from the moment that I stepped into the hotel, the moment I walked out - was perfect. I couldn't have asked for more.

A brand new hotel, the rooms are very elegantly decorated yet perfectly modern and stylish. Everything works, the views from the floor to ceiling windows are beautiful (I was on the park side), and the perfect wake up to. I particularly loved the comfort of the couch, very relaxing at the end of a long day shopping. The bed is to die for. So damn comfortable and massive - too big for one person. The little office space was a great little area to connect with the rest of the world.

The pool is also beautiful, but I think the highlight of the hotel is the attention to detail from the staff and high level and quick response times with the customer service. My whole experience was so smooth and seamless. I can't see myself staying anywhere else in Bangkok ever again.

Room Tip: I thought the Park side was much better and quieter then the city side.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear JosephODonoghue,

I am very pleased to hear your comments about your recent stay. Thank you so much.

I realize that you have many choices for hotel accommodations while visiting Bangkok and I am honored to hear that the Oriental Residence Bangkok will be your only choice upon your next trip to the city.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon! Have a happy and healthy 2013.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Oriental Residence Bangkok? Share your experiences!