“Perfect Home in Bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oriental Residence Bangkok

You added Oriental Residence Bangkok to your Saves list
Oriental Residence Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   110 Wireless Road | Lumpini, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Free Night Offer!
Ranked #3 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Taipei, Taiwan
“Perfect Home in Bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Oriental Residence Bangkok for 2 nights. We both are well-travelled around the world and we both love Oriental Residence for various reasons. The location is very ideal for shopping yet quiet enough in hustle Bangkok. 5 minutes to the nearby sky train station. 10-15 minute to Paragon and Central World. The window view is fabulous cause you can look over the beautiful garden in the USA embassy. Inside the room is equipped with the best bed and linen you can dream of. The well-furnished kitchen with branded kitchenware allows us to enjoy the dining time in the rooms. Even the food from the street vendors across the street becomes ultra-delicious. The staff's English is good. They are very efficient and friendly. Overall we had a great time there. Will definitely check-in next time when we are in Bangkok.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear crystalyschang,

Thank you for your thoughtful comments! I am delighted to read that you and your sister had such a special time with us and enjoyed the location, in-room amenities as well as our wonderful neighborhood. Thank you for the compliments about our team. We strive to provide the best in service to our guests and it makes me quite pleased to learn that we were able to accommodate. We truly appreciate being your top choice for future visits to Bangkok.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this Elegant hotel in November...unfortunately only for one night! We had 3 rooms booked - family vacation traveling with my Grandparents & my aunt. The staff were beyond amazing & friendly...starting with Kiriya from reservations - she was helpful with room arrangement options & extremely patient when we had to make numerous adjustments! Joy at the front desk was just lovely (she arranged our rooms to be facing the park, remembered that we are celebrating our wedding anniversary & had a delicious basket of Thai dessert delivered to our room while we were out. What a pleasant surprise when we return from our stroll!)
The hotel staff were super! Couldn't praise them enough!!! When my 88 year old Grandparents decided to venture out on their own in the morning around the block, the Concierge actually stopped traffic & made sure they safely crossed the street (given crazy Bangkok traffic...)!
The room was beautiful & spacious, the location of the hotel couldn't be better! 15 mins walk to the Famous Erawan Shrine, 10 mins walk to 'Central' (the huge department store) with a fabulous food court on the 7th floor!
We are planning another trip back to Bangkok next year and are most definitely booking this hotel again!

• Stayed November 2012
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Planehotel,

I am so glad that you had such a wonderful time with your family. I cannot thank you enough for complimenting my staff for the service we provide. I know I say this often, but I am extremely proud of our team and the manner in which we anticipate our guests’ needs as well as create memorable experiences for them. It will be my pleasure to let them know you appreciated their assistance and I will certainly be sure to share your kind words with Kiriya in reservation and Joy in guest relations. I am also glad that you able to celebrate your anniversary at the same time and that we were able to make it a lasting moment.

We are humbled by your review and look forward to welcoming you and your family back next year.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

In September, I had a rare opportunity to stay in two 5-star suites, first at the Oriental, then at Hansar. Hansar is classy and visually stunning but if I have an extended stay, my vote will be on Oriental for its more comfortable furnishing. The suite comes with a spacious sitting area, an island counter top with sink and a small dining table. Bedroom is in soft pastels, mostly white and I love the super big bathroom with sink one side and a vanity table the other. Not to mention, the bathtub and shower. This is a small boutique hotel and service is personal and attentive. Hardware is all great here but management have to tweak a little of the software.
The bad? Yes, agree with reviewer that the train is not near at all - when we stayed there, we took taxis as it would have been way to hot to walk to the station. Room is very clean and towels replaced with complimentary water. Housekeeping efficient only in the day, turn down service at night is almost non-existence. We stayed 3 nights and every night I had to ask for the breakfast menu so that I can order breakfast! We stayed 3 days and have concierge arranged taxis for us at least twice a day - only one time, a senior looking manager ensured that the driver know exactly where we are going, more often we have to communicate with great difficulty with the drivers on where actually we want to go. Oh yes, the toiletries in bathroom - almost done bring your own :) unlike in Hansar where they provide you with a huge bottle of their aromatherapy shower gel, shampoo and conditioner.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear Katzip,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay overall and greatly appreciate your recommendation. I am sorry to hear that parts of your stay did not meet your expectations. I am disappointed to hear about your experience with turndown service and concierge. I will be sure to follow-up. Consistency of service on a daily basis is something that we strive for. We hope you will consider the many positive aspects of your stay when choosing a hotel in Bangkok again.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

A fairly new hotel in Bangkok but the experience was truly AMAZING. The staffs are super helpful, cheerful and always with a big smile on their faces.The lobby was beautifully done and the room was so comfortable and cozy. Am glad that i stayed there and will recommend it to anyone who wishes to travel to Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear George J,

Thank you for sharing your kind thoughts. I am delighted that you felt that the team was so friendly and helpful. We appreciate your kind recommendation and hope to welcome you back again soon!

San Jose, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Chose this hotel after researching a little bit. This choice turned out to be awesome. The decor and furnishing is amazing. We were in a suite with a living space a bedroom and an amazing bathroom. Stayed here for just one night but wished we had extended it. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Wynnter,

Thank you very much for your kindness. We always strive to provide the best for our guests and I am so delighted that you enjoyed your short stay with us. I will be certain to share your comments with the team. Looking forward to welcoming you again for a longer stay next time!

Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Without rehashing what many others have stated, the service here it terrific, certainly equal or better than most 5-star hotels in Bangkok and easily the best of the BKK serviced apartments. Based on service alone, I certainly believe ORB deserves a top rating.

However, there are many serviced apartments and hotels with better locations. The ORB's Wireless Rd location is peaceful, but there is virtually nothing to walk to within reasonable distance. Those stating that the skytrain station is within a 10-minute walk are very much exaggerating. At a realistic pace, given the Bangkok heat, its 15-20 minutes from the station, which results in a hot and sweaty stroll (we did it once, but would not do it again). Since there are so many apartments and hotels that are located very near public transport and/or I just can't justify an above-average location rating.

Regarding the property itself, it is very nice and new, but so are many other serviced apartments, some of which include more in the units (such as washer/dryer). I would still rate it as better than most and at least equal to almost all (I have stayed in 8-10 serviced apts in BKK), but not really a new standard, depending on personal taste.

As for value, perhaps we didn't get the deal that some other did, but at well over $200/night for a 1-bedroom unit, there are huge number of options in that range in BKK, and many excellent serviced apartments can be had for less than $150.

So, in summary, I agree that ORB has standard-setting service in the apartment category, far better than its competitors and among the best I have ever experienced. We would certainly stay here again. However, considering its relative value and location, we would also consider other options, and I believe an overall 4-.4.5 rating is reasonable.

Dear Eppic_Sing,

I am pleased to hear that you found the level of service to be the highlight of your stay. I am glad that the team made you feels so welcome. About our location, we are situated in a most beautiful surrounding area of Bangkok with the view of gardens and skylines also with many restaurants and shopping closed by.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and I thank you again for sharing your thoughts. Your feedback is what makes our team stronger and our service the best it can possibly be.

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We have travelled to Bangkok many times and usually stay by the river, but we were tempted to the Oriental Residence by the excellent reviews.
The room was outstanding. Spacious, very well equipped and extremely comfortable.
The pool deck and gym on the 4th Floor are lovely, but there are only 5 sun beds in the sunshine so they will be at a premium on sunny days. The cabanas in the shade are a great place to relax.
The phone is our room wasn't working, either that or everyone on every extension was permanently engaged! When we needed a small jug of fresh milk to go in hot drinks I went down to Reception to ask for it and to report the faulty phone. All that arrived were creamer sachets which we did not want in tea. I again asked for milk and was told it would be 80baht. This is unacceptable at a 5 star hotel and sadly the milk was not provided. We complained at checkout.
We are returning there next weekend so hope for better service. If the service can match the surroundings this will be an outstanding place to stay...and the price will only go up.
As the hotel gets busier they will need more staff on Reception as both check in and check out we're slow. The staff were delightful once you were attended to.

Dear Inbetweenholidays,

Thank you for your feedback as this is important information for us to evaluate. I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite certain hiccups. Please be assured that we are addressing the areas that you mentioned and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Oriental Residence Bangkok? Share your experiences!