“Absolute excellence in a peaceful area of Bangkok!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oriental Residence Bangkok

Save Saved
You added Oriental Residence Bangkok to your Saves list
Oriental Residence Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   110 Wireless Road | Lumpini, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third night free!!
Ranked #3 of 751 hotels in Bangkok
San Francisco, California
“Absolute excellence in a peaceful area of Bangkok!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I cannot begin to say enough about this hotel. We stayed here for three nights at the beginning of a 5 week trip to Asia. The service was impeccable from the moment we stepped out of the taxi. We arrived after midnight but had forgotten to tell the hotel that we would be checking in late, no problem, everything was waiting for us when we got there and we were shown to our room promptly after a very quick check-in. We were on the 6th floor in an executive deluxe (the most basic room they offer). The room was huge, modern and very welcoming - the bathroom was particularly beautiful and large. The beds were quite comfortable and the pillows were perfect (there is a nice pillow menu available which we used). The room service was also excellent - it took a little while but was worth the 45 minute wait to have hot, delicious food. The hotel had noted that it was my birthday the following week when they checked my passport and sent up a dessert with the words "Happy Birthday" on our last night as a surprise - amazing service and attention to detail. The Oriental Residence offers you little maps when you go out and even has a jogging map of the nearby park. The surrounding area is quite nice and is very close to the American Embassy. I would absolutely stay here again on my next trip to Bangkok and highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a 5* place to stay at in Bangkok.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear the_real_glam,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I must say I am very proud of the staff we have hired and it makes me happy to know that every aspect of your stay was executed with such attention to secure what ultimately resulted in your pleasant stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Kind regards,

911 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been coming to Bangkok for biz for many years and I have stayed at Lebua Tower Club, Sheraton, Shangri-la, InterContinental, Hyatt ,.etc in bangkok and I have to say this one is my new favorite. I stayed at Oriental Residence for a week and I'm pleased pretty much with everything. The property itself is stunning and the view is beautiful. Loved the bed and pillows in this hotel as well as the pillow menu. Location is superb as it's right between American Embassy and Netherlands Embassy. If you tell the taxi driver in English "American Embassy" they all understand and know where it is. It's easy access to all the major attractions and shopping areas and at the same time in a quieter and less chaos street. The service is excellent from the start to the end. Loved the free shuttle takes you around to nearby street upon request. In-room dining service is awesome as well as the turn-down service every night. The free high-speed Wi-fi in the room is great although the internet at the swimming pool area is relatively poor compared to the other areas in the hotel. Front desk girls are extremely friendly and I'd like to mention Nikky who gave me great recommendations for nearby restaurants and has been very helpful throughout my stay. A side tip is make sure you try this local Thai restaurant called "the kitchen" just one street behind the hotel (the free shuttle can take you there, 3 minutes away). Delicious thai food, great service and always busy. The only thing I think the hotel can improve is the English of some of the staffs especially the ones who answer the phone at the in-room dining department. Several times I called to order food and I struggled to communicate with the girls on the phone. My Australian husband also called the hotel asking to transfer his call to my room and "the front desk was just hopeless" (quote). It's very frustrating and does down-grade the overall experience of the stay. I also feel like the quality of the food at the lobby cafe still got room to improve. The swimming pool area is nice but I didn't like the staffs busy walking around and moving tables/boxes/bottles and arranging stuff on the other side of the pool when I was chilling and trying to relax. It's kind of annoying. After all, guests pay to stay and enjoy the hotel's environment and facilities. I personally think as a luxury hotel the staffs shouldn't do all these preparation work during opening hours. All these work should be done "behind the door", either before the guest arrive or after the guests leave. With this being said, I still highly recommend this hotel and I look forward to my visit already.

Room Tip: Book via the hotel directly to get free room upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Eva Z,

I wanted to thank you for all of your kind remarks about our staff and, in particular, your lovely feedback about Ms. Nikky. I am proud to be part of a team that takes such excellent care of our guests and will most certainly share your comments. I will also be certain to follow-up with the banquet team and in-residence dining team .

I realize that you have many choices for luxury accommodations while visiting Bangkok and I am honored to hear that the Oriental Residence Bangkok will be your first choice upon your next trip back to the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Bangkok.

Kind Regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I just returned from a 7 days business-trip to bkk and this time I choose the ORB. Wow what a great experience. The service was excellent right from the pick-up with the JAG at the airport and the drop off again. I booked a 2 bedroom suite on 18th floor. Great view and nothing missing in the room. The staff always very friendly and helpful. Good location in the centre. Thank you to all the ORB members for this unique stay in bkk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Healey100six,

It is a true pleasure to hear your thoughts about your recent visit. I am very proud of my team and their dedication to five star service and I will be sure to share your kind words with them all.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok very soon.

Makati, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We loved this hotel! Granted we were probably the poorest people staying there, but it was so nice! The suite we stayed in was huge. It was like our own little apartment equipped with a stove, fridge and all the utensils you need. The staff was pleasant. We ordered room service on our first night since we arrived at 1 am and the food wasn't too expensive. It was about a 10 minute walk to the sky train. Not much to do right in the vicinity of the hotel but again you are close to the skytrain. Their is a 24 hour 7-11 right across the street which is nice. There are also street vendors across the street as well. Try the grilled chicken! Yum!

Room Tip: Get the room with the balcony! Nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear ReviewbyJess,

Thank you very much for your generous compliments. It sounds like you really had the opportunity to take advantage of the hotel amenities and our neighborhood. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Bangkok!

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

All the good words about this place are true. It was fantastic - great service and attention to detail ( except bar facilities at the pool). This place won't suit everyone as it is a little off the main tourist areas, but for those who want good quality and something a bit special, this is the place for you. It was a fantastic start to our two week visit to Thailand although a bit of a shock to the system when we moved next to an elephant sanctuary with no air con or hot water (but great elephants though).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Julie F,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It pleases me very much to know that your experience with us was exceptional and that despite the pool bar not being open, we were able to meet your needs. Our pool bar will open in the middle of this month for guests to enjoy wide range of refreshments and snacks while relaxing around the pool.

I do hope you come back once they are fully operating as I know they will definitely add to your overall experience.

Hope to see you back with us in the near future.

Epalinges, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have visited the Oriental Residence Bangkok with my girlfriend this summer. The service was excellent right from the beginning on. Starting with the pick-up at the airport and ending our journey again with the drop off at the airport 5 days later. The check-in was made in the room, which was really comfortable after such a long flight. The room had everything that you expect from a top luxury hotel and you see the good eye for details the staff has, when looking at how the amenities were arranged. The room had wonderful big windows that give you a great view at night over downtown Bangkok, which really is a unique experience.

It was a special occasion for us, since it was my girlfriend's birthday, the surprise cake in the room was not only very good looking but also really tasteful.

We herby want to thank all staff members as well as the management for all their efforts.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Pascal F,

I am very pleased to read that your recent stay to celebrate your girlfriend’s birthday exceeded your expectations and that we were able to ensure your stay with us was relaxing and memorable.

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future.

turkey,istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

fascinating, beautifull . nothing bad to saY. Very clean, very new, very polite staff. they have a service to skytrain and it is 5 minutes walk from hotel. 7 eleven is just opposite. ı booked somewhere else for our last night in Bangkok, but I couldnt stay at the other place. we just came back to this hotel back..ıf you are a little bit picky and if you really want to feel special at your stay, dont go anywhere else... just here....thanks a lot to everyone for that wonderfull stay..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear nitinol,

Thank you for choosing the Oriental Residence Bangkok for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Oriental Residence Bangkok? Share your experiences!