“My new favorite luxury boutique hotel in downtown bangkok” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oriental Residence Bangkok

Save Saved
You added Oriental Residence Bangkok to your Saves list
Oriental Residence Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   110 Wireless Road | Lumpini, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Third night free!!
Ranked #3 of 753 hotels in Bangkok
Melbourne, Australia
“My new favorite luxury boutique hotel in downtown bangkok”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been coming to Bangkok for biz for many years and I have stayed at Lebua Tower Club, Sheraton, Shangri-la, InterContinental, Hyatt ,.etc in bangkok and I have to say this one is my new favorite. I stayed at Oriental Residence for a week and I'm pleased pretty much with everything. The property itself is stunning and the view is beautiful. Loved the bed and pillows in this hotel as well as the pillow menu. Location is superb as it's right between American Embassy and Netherlands Embassy. If you tell the taxi driver in English "American Embassy" they all understand and know where it is. It's easy access to all the major attractions and shopping areas and at the same time in a quieter and less chaos street. The service is excellent from the start to the end. Loved the free shuttle takes you around to nearby street upon request. In-room dining service is awesome as well as the turn-down service every night. The free high-speed Wi-fi in the room is great although the internet at the swimming pool area is relatively poor compared to the other areas in the hotel. Front desk girls are extremely friendly and I'd like to mention Nikky who gave me great recommendations for nearby restaurants and has been very helpful throughout my stay. A side tip is make sure you try this local Thai restaurant called "the kitchen" just one street behind the hotel (the free shuttle can take you there, 3 minutes away). Delicious thai food, great service and always busy. The only thing I think the hotel can improve is the English of some of the staffs especially the ones who answer the phone at the in-room dining department. Several times I called to order food and I struggled to communicate with the girls on the phone. My Australian husband also called the hotel asking to transfer his call to my room and "the front desk was just hopeless" (quote). It's very frustrating and does down-grade the overall experience of the stay. I also feel like the quality of the food at the lobby cafe still got room to improve. The swimming pool area is nice but I didn't like the staffs busy walking around and moving tables/boxes/bottles and arranging stuff on the other side of the pool when I was chilling and trying to relax. It's kind of annoying. After all, guests pay to stay and enjoy the hotel's environment and facilities. I personally think as a luxury hotel the staffs shouldn't do all these preparation work during opening hours. All these work should be done "behind the door", either before the guest arrive or after the guests leave. With this being said, I still highly recommend this hotel and I look forward to my visit already.

Room Tip: Book via the hotel directly to get free room upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Eva Z,

I wanted to thank you for all of your kind remarks about our staff and, in particular, your lovely feedback about Ms. Nikky. I am proud to be part of a team that takes such excellent care of our guests and will most certainly share your comments. I will also be certain to follow-up with the banquet team and in-residence dining team .

I realize that you have many choices for luxury accommodations while visiting Bangkok and I am honored to hear that the Oriental Residence Bangkok will be your first choice upon your next trip back to the city.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Bangkok.

Kind Regards,

935 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I just returned from a 7 days business-trip to bkk and this time I choose the ORB. Wow what a great experience. The service was excellent right from the pick-up with the JAG at the airport and the drop off again. I booked a 2 bedroom suite on 18th floor. Great view and nothing missing in the room. The staff always very friendly and helpful. Good location in the centre. Thank you to all the ORB members for this unique stay in bkk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Healey100six,

It is a true pleasure to hear your thoughts about your recent visit. I am very proud of my team and their dedication to five star service and I will be sure to share your kind words with them all.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok very soon.

Makati, Rizal, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We loved this hotel! Granted we were probably the poorest people staying there, but it was so nice! The suite we stayed in was huge. It was like our own little apartment equipped with a stove, fridge and all the utensils you need. The staff was pleasant. We ordered room service on our first night since we arrived at 1 am and the food wasn't too expensive. It was about a 10 minute walk to the sky train. Not much to do right in the vicinity of the hotel but again you are close to the skytrain. Their is a 24 hour 7-11 right across the street which is nice. There are also street vendors across the street as well. Try the grilled chicken! Yum!

Room Tip: Get the room with the balcony! Nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear ReviewbyJess,

Thank you very much for your generous compliments. It sounds like you really had the opportunity to take advantage of the hotel amenities and our neighborhood. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Bangkok!

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

All the good words about this place are true. It was fantastic - great service and attention to detail ( except bar facilities at the pool). This place won't suit everyone as it is a little off the main tourist areas, but for those who want good quality and something a bit special, this is the place for you. It was a fantastic start to our two week visit to Thailand although a bit of a shock to the system when we moved next to an elephant sanctuary with no air con or hot water (but great elephants though).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Julie F,

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. It pleases me very much to know that your experience with us was exceptional and that despite the pool bar not being open, we were able to meet your needs. Our pool bar will open in the middle of this month for guests to enjoy wide range of refreshments and snacks while relaxing around the pool.

I do hope you come back once they are fully operating as I know they will definitely add to your overall experience.

Hope to see you back with us in the near future.

Epalinges, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have visited the Oriental Residence Bangkok with my girlfriend this summer. The service was excellent right from the beginning on. Starting with the pick-up at the airport and ending our journey again with the drop off at the airport 5 days later. The check-in was made in the room, which was really comfortable after such a long flight. The room had everything that you expect from a top luxury hotel and you see the good eye for details the staff has, when looking at how the amenities were arranged. The room had wonderful big windows that give you a great view at night over downtown Bangkok, which really is a unique experience.

It was a special occasion for us, since it was my girlfriend's birthday, the surprise cake in the room was not only very good looking but also really tasteful.

We herby want to thank all staff members as well as the management for all their efforts.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Pascal F,

I am very pleased to read that your recent stay to celebrate your girlfriend’s birthday exceeded your expectations and that we were able to ensure your stay with us was relaxing and memorable.

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor and for recommending our hotel.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok in the near future.

turkey,istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

fascinating, beautifull . nothing bad to saY. Very clean, very new, very polite staff. they have a service to skytrain and it is 5 minutes walk from hotel. 7 eleven is just opposite. ı booked somewhere else for our last night in Bangkok, but I couldnt stay at the other place. we just came back to this hotel back..ıf you are a little bit picky and if you really want to feel special at your stay, dont go anywhere else... just here....thanks a lot to everyone for that wonderfull stay..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear nitinol,

Thank you for choosing the Oriental Residence Bangkok for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have just returned from a 4 day 3 night stay at Oriental Residence Bangkok and I must say that this hotel is simply the best of the best in Bangkok! We were greeted warmly by the staff as well as the Rooms Manager on our first day and right from the start, the staff were extremely courteous, helpful and gracious, even personally showing us to our rooms and around the hotel! This is the very first time throughout all my other stays where any staff has ever personally walked us to our rooms!

The rooms were impeccably clean, very very spacious (even though we only booked the smallest room), the bed was the softest of hotel beds, you can almost sink right into the plush pillows and lay there for hours not wanting to leave the hotel room! The room was also equipped with a kitchen with state of the art cooking facilities (including flameless electronic stoves, microwave ovens, the full set of cutlery, even a toaster).

What surprised us most was the lovely mango sticky rice dessert that greeted us in our hotel rooms when we returned to the hotel on our first night, the mango was really sweet and delightful, one of the best we had ever tasted. The shuttle services is typically ran by one of the hotel staff himself. We were expecting to take a shuttle bus to the BTS station but we were even more surprised when we were actually transported via a brand new comfortable spacious SUV.

The hotel is located within walking distance from Phloen Chit BTS station, making it very accessible, we had no difficulties accessing the hotel even though we had heard from previous visitors that it might be quite difficult to walk there from the train station.

The hotel facilities were also great, the gym was brand new and spacious. The pool water was slightly on the chilly side and one of the only things that we could actually complain about was the lack of tanning space on the pool deck. There were only 2 sun tanning deck chairs at the pool side (the rest of the chairs were under lovely canopys that were really pleasant and beautiful looking but we wanted to tan during our trip as well) and on one occasion we had to request for more deck chairs.

The amazing thing about the hotel is the staff's responsiveness and willingness to make each and every detail perfect. The next day after we had fedback about the lack of pool deck chairs, we immediately noted that there were 3 more sets of pool deck chairs placed out under the sun for the other hotel residents to tan. I felt that this touch of responsiveness in the hotel's staff is really something special that most other hotels do not provide, making us feel totally at home in the Oriental Residence.

We were sad to have to leave the place on the last day. Even while we were leaving, the rooms manager herself spared time to help us take many photos in the hotel lobby.

Will definitely recommend this hotel to all my other friends and family members visiting bangkok!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul S, Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear THJ87,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at the Oriental Residence Bangkok. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard your stay to be the best experiences you have had in Bangkok.

Also, I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team, services and facilities and I know my colleagues will be equally pleased to learn of your kind remarks and recognition of their efforts to meet your needs

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Oriental Residence Bangkok? Share your experiences!