“Truly Incredible Suite and Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oriental Residence Bangkok

You added Oriental Residence Bangkok to your Saves list
Oriental Residence Bangkok
5.0 of 5 Apartment Hotel   |   110 Wireless Road | Lumpini, Bangkok 10330, Thailand   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
May Special – Save 20%
Ranked #6 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Chiang Mai, Thailand
“Truly Incredible Suite and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed in a corner suite in August--as others have noted, the view was phenomenal from the floor to ceiling windows. Loved the balcony too. The room was huge and immaculate, the bed one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in, the bathroom as big as most hotel rooms... I'm a coffee snob, so I loved the French press too. Plus, a nice selection of imported teas and a well-stocked kitchen. Also, it's just a few minutes' walk to the Ploenchit BTS station.

And the service was incredible. After I made my booking through a travel website, the hotel sent me an email asking whether I had any special requests to make my stay more enjoyable! And all of the staff were just amazing. I've lived in Thailand for 5 years, and I've never heard such perfect English spoken--across the board. Even the housekeeping staff were fluent! And incredibly welcoming.

The Oriental Residence is definitely a place I will be visiting again (hopefully soon!).

Room Tip: The city view is just as gorgeous as the park view, but face the east, so if you don't like morn...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Khun Julia

Thank you for your detailed description of services and and amenities. It makes us especially proud to receive your compliments on the level of English our team members have demonstrated during your stay. All team members have minimum four interviews prior to being accepted to join the Oriental Residence. We will continue to strive for perfection and thank you for the encouragement.

We look forward to welcoming you back soonest.

Best regards

Patrick Schaub

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights.

Pros:

- Great location
- Great views
- Lovely appointed rooms and amenities
- Attentive staff
- Great breakfast
- Fantastic pool with lovely views

Contras:

None.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear K. Psychoactive

We are very happy and grateful for your review and look forward to
welcoming you back to the Oriental Residence Bangkok.

Kaohsiung, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

Unfortunately, I was only here for one night as I had an early flight out of BKK. My suite was one the nicest rooms I have booked in recent memory. Everything is new, clean and organized in a pleasant manner. The bathrooms are oversized and the bath towels and linens are perfect - nothing stained or showing any signs of wear. I loved the tasteful decor, suites my style perfectly. In short, I would rate this hotel at the very upper end of the offerings available in downtown Bangkok.

The service is simply outstanding. From arrival to departure, there was always one or more of this highly trained staff who were cheerfully ready to provide assistance. Even booking out to transfer to another hotel in order to catch a early morning flight, the doorman took extra time with the taxi driver to ensure he was absolutely clear about our hotel destination.

The breakfast arrangement was quite adequate for our needs with an ample selection of offerings. The pool was clean and inviting, although no time for a swim. I cannot comment on the food at Cafe Claire in the lobby. However, I did find a nice selection of wines by the glass which served as a great night cap before calling it an evening.

In my opinion, this is an outstanding value for a property of this caliber. If you have enjoyed the Oriental Mandarin, then this sister property will be sure to please. I would say it is a must stay if visiting central Bangkok for business or pleasure.

Many thanks to the management and staff - terrific job!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear Khun "caboyachtservice"

Thank you for the wonderful review. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. In regards to the management of the Oriental Residence, kindly allow me to explain with the following official clause explaining ORB's management structure:

"The Oriental Hotel, Bangkok is now called Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok and is owned by OHTL Public Company Limited and managed by Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group. Oriental Residence Bangkok is an unrelated and independent development by Thai Contractors Asset Company Limited and managed by ONYX Hospitality Group."

Once again thank you for your kind feedback - much appreciated.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We've been there twice in July 2012, our room type is One Bedroom Corner Suite.The room was really oriental style with modern touch and very nice decor.Panoramic view from our room was just amazing with city and garden view. The hotel staffs were the best we ever had,ALL smiled and wanted to help us anytime. We have stayed in many 5 star hotels around bangkok but O.R.B. gonna be one of my first choice next time in Bangkok.Highly recommend...Extra Thanks to Khun Joy and all staffs who made our stay be so special.

Comment by Khun Manoch and Khun Pairin

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Minimaxz

Thank you for your wonderful feedback on our product and services. The team is very proud to receive this type of encouragement whilst assisting other travellers to learn about the Oriental Residence on Wireless Road. We are now getting a very high percentage in return guest and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to our Residence soonest.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed at Oriental Residence for a few days in July and I must say that it was really good, considering that the hotel is still in its soft opening phase. On arrival, the staff were fairly efficient and were able to locate and process my reservation very quickly. The lobby was very bright and had a welcoming feel to it. The staff were well dressed, everyone in suits. The ladies all wore a pearl necklace which really lent a sort of old world class to the place, the fact that the staff generally spoke good english helped it even more. I requested to extend my room by an additional half-day, as my departure flight wasn't till late evening a few days later and to my surprised, they offered me a half-day rate that was pro-rated according to the cheaper advance rate I had paid initially, this was very pleasing as some other hotels will charge half the normal rate.

I stayed in a 1-bedroom suit with a city view and I must say that the room surpassed my expectations. The level of detail that went into every room, the amenities provided (easy to use safe, sewing kit, plush slippers, pillow menu, international adapters, cables for connecting a laptop to the tv, different laundry bags), really blew me away. I've had the privilege of staying at other top hotels in other world cities like Hong Kong, and I must say that Oriental Residence matched, if not surpassed them in more ways than one. The mini-bar prices were more than reasonable compared to other places and the utensils provided with the kitchenette more than met my requirements, as I cooked on a couple of occasions during my stay. The internet was complimentary and provided excellent speed as well as ease of set up for my laptop and iPad.

The bathroom was spacious with a separate vanity, though I must comment that it was rather weird that the toilet/shower doors were adjusted during my stay, one day they swung inwards, the next they swung outwards. It wasn't a real inconvenience and I'd like to think that it was because they were adjusting it based on various feedback from other guests. I did have a rather unpleasant smell emitted from the air vents during part of my stay but the hotel reacted promptly by sending up a scent burner and an ioniser to help the situation. I was rather disappointed that their main swimming pool was under maintenance, as a nice swimming pool is usually a prerequisite for me, although they did offer the use of the private residence pool which was located at another part of the tower, but as that was not appealing to me, I didn't bother.

The location of the hotel is pretty good, near many embassies and not far from the nearly opened Okura Prestige, but due to it's fairly new status, many taxi drivers did have difficulty locating it. The hotel provides guests with a shuttle to the nearby Chitlom station, which is just a stop away from the mega malls like Siam Paragon, so that helped a lot. All the more so since it wasn't a typical minibus but a very comfortable Toyota Alphard, which even had massage seats, very thoughtful even for a 5-min journey.

I didn't try their cafe as I usually ventured out for meals but the prices did look slightly on the high side, but I suppose that's normal for a nice hotel. I did make use of their limo service to the airport, they hotel has a choice of a Toyota Alphard or a Jaguar XJL, I took the Jag. Their limo transfer was quite pricey, 4000 Baht for the Jag, I would've expected to pay around 3000 but they did provide the use of a 3G connected iPad during the ride, which allowed me to surf the net while waiting out the traffic jams. At the airport, there was a staff who met us and assisted with the check in. To my surprise, the driver didn't leave immediately but only about 5 mins after, which I must compliment, as guests might sometimes forget something or for whatever reason might need to head back to the hotel.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay and would recommend it to anyone who is keen. I do look forward to going back and hope that their rates won't increase significantly once the hotel is officially opened.

Room Tip: I should probably have chosen to pay a little more for the garden view room, as it would have had a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear K. Daryllee84

Thank you for sharing your experiences and comments of the Oriental Residence. I was most impressed with your eye to detail and appreciated your understanding of our final touches and adjustments that we were making during our soft opening period(i.e Pool).

We are proud to say that we are now in the top 10 of tripadvisor. Tthanks to your comments & review and we continue to strive for excellence and improve those important details that make the overall experience perfect and special.

Thank you, once again and I do look forward to welcoming you back soonest to our unique facilities "Oasis" on Wireless Road.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We spent 5 days at the Oriental Residence starting June 25th. After the longest flight ever from LA we arrived at the Oriental Residence. This was our first trip to Bangkok with our two boys ages 11 and 13. We booked a two bedroom apartment based on the reviews and hotel website.

The hotel exceeded our expectations! The place is outstanding. The rooms are clean, comfortable and very fashionable as well. The bathrooms and showers are first class. The kitchen area is very good. The second bedroom for our boys is large and comfortable. Separate bathrooms and showers made it feel like home. The master bedroom and bathroom are quite stunning. Felt like a designer place.

The place is going through a self described "soft opening." So minor adjustments can be expected. We had a small air conditioning issue plus a light went out. We also needed help with the coffee machine and other appliances because they were European. But sometimes the true character of a hotel is in how they handle these minor issues. When we mentioned these issues to the hotel they were taken care of immediately as in within minutes.

The staff was excellent. We want to send our special thanks to our our concierge manager Mr. Taithep Rareongjai. He arranged our Thailand tours, made sure we knew what to do, what to wear, how much to tip and all other details that made everything go smooth and easy. On our last day, Taithep made sure our bags were safe, our taxi arrived early and took care of dinner arrangements. His English was excellent, his manners impeccable and his service was lightening fast. I would say he is going to do very well in the hotel business.

We also want to say thank you to Ms. Sai Rossapaun at the front desk. She was so friendly and nice to us during our entire stay. Never forgetting our names and always making sure we were taken care of. If I am the general manager (Mr. Schaub) these are the type of employees that I would want servicing my guests!

The hotel experience was close to perfect. However, a small complaint is the Cafe restaurant. Frankly, it does not measure up to the rest of the hotel. We tried it for dinner and it was so, so. The staff did not communicate well in English. For example, our waitress basically made us order rice which I guess was a separate side dish order. Then they forgot about the rice! Then the food came out at all different times. We had specifically asked they be served together. Finally, the waitress for some strange reason really wanted us to charge our bill to the room when I wanted to pay for it with our credit card. Oh well, cannot complain too much when the rest of the hotel was so excellent.

We can also say the location is terrific and safe. In other words it is a perfect location for families. It is also in a really well known area so you cannot get lost. Many taxi drivers do not know the hotel yet but everyone knows where the U.S. embassy is and the hotel is literally right next door.

Oriental Residence Bangkok is a fantastic place especially for families on vacation. We can definitely recommend it!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Khun LArvine

Thank you for your detailed feedback. It has enabled me to personally thank the team for the wonderful service contributions and highlighting the great efforts made by Khun Sai and Khun Taithep. At the same token I acknwoldege and thank you for highlighting our improvement areas. Rest assured that we are working on improving these areas where you felt there was opportunities of enhancing our service. I am confident that on your next visit to the Oriental Residence you will find a standard of excellence in all areas of our property and that we can once again exceed your expectations.

I do look forward to welcoming you back soonest.

Oriental Residence
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've to run two growing companies in downtown Bangkok. I'm a Bangkok citizen who try to avoid the daily furiousness of Bangkok's traffic. So, I choose to stay in the comfortable downtown hotels. This review is a resident's point of view.

In early 2012, we've moved from another prestigious hotel (which I stayed for a year) to ORB. My reasons to move are the concepts of ORB, the designs and people.

The Concepts,
At first, I really like the concept of 'Never check out'. Sure, It's might be one of the pretty marketing tagline. Just a week after checked in, I was really feel it! They try to bring back the legendary luxurious services of The Oriental Bangkok (of course, the one before they became Mandarin Oriental Bangkok). My heart was beating when I saw some photographs of the most precious pieces of The Oriental Bangkok at ORB's lobby. Their intention was very clear to me, to keep the legend of the best hotel alive.

The Designs,
I'm so bored for ultra-chic design, too much showing off six/seven/eight stars design, I can find all kinds of those in any multicultural cities. I've try to find a designer who go beyond all trends, Found many in Paris, some in London and still growing quietly. A stylish luxury hotel that give a rare comfortable feeling. The ORB is the first hotel in Bangkok that give this feeling to me even they're sit in the heart of the city's business district. Sleeping in a very peaceful night and wake up in every morning with stunning view of largest park of the embassy row. Stylish and high quality in every details in my room (2BR Suite).

People,
"The fifth star is a quality of people." I often said that to many heart warming hotel staffs around the world. Many of the self-proclaimed five+ are invest too much in technology, gadgets, amenities, club floor, etc. Many of them can't keep their standard of service mind. So, they bring the system in and everything was changed. But, the real five stars are always focus on their staff's attitude. They're made by heart and very hard to forget them. For the ORB. they are well-trained and seems to go to the right direction. Most of services are exceptional, second to none when I compare with another five star hotels in Bangkok.

Room Tip: If you love to wake up with greenery view, try 5th,6th or 7th floor. The 2BR corner suite are perfec...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Patrick S, General Manager at Oriental Residence Bangkok, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Khun Shakrit and Khun Anne

Thank you for your detailed review of the Oriental Residence. We thank you for your patronage and appreciate your kind feedback. I have shared your comments with the team this morning. Your comments give us confidence that we are heading in the right direction with our vision and mission of a unique service culture and product. This will require hard work and continous committment in improving and reviewing our services. Your feedback is a great motivation for the team to do even better.

Thank you once again for your support and kind words.

General Manager - Oriental Residence

Been to Oriental Residence Bangkok? Share your experiences!