“We love it here!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“We love it here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The food here is prepared under the instruction of Hong Kong-native chef Jackie Ho and is consistently excellent.
Try the fish maw soup with prawns, JFC - Jackie's Fried Chicken, Peking duck, special fried rice, crispy-skinned snow fish, and stir-fried black pepper beef. Mango pudding for dessert. All are delicious so we order them every time we go.
The service is attentive and friendly, don't be put off because it's in a hotel.
Only 14 TripAdvisor reviews? I'm surprised.

Visited January 2014

88% Recommend
Bangkok, Thailand
“terrific Chinese in BKK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

We were having dimsum lunch at Mei Jiang and were not disappoint at all. All dishes were of great quality. Staffs were nice and helpful in suggesting delicious dishes. Will sure return to this place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Barcelona, Spain
“Best Chinese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I have been couple of times at this restaurant, both times for lunch. The restaurant is located at the Peninsula Hotel, a lovely place by the River, which choosing this restaurant for your dinning pick could be a small excursion from wherever you are to the BTS station on the river and take the small boat that Peninsula provides to the hotel. I find it a good excuse to do a small stroll/river excursion.

I must say that so far after trying almost every high end chinese restaurant in Bangkok this is my favorite one. Dim Sum is excellent, Fried Crispy Egg noodles with Sea Food in oyster sauce is amazing, fried rice is very good, the Duck is the best I ve tried in Bangkok, (i love the duck to be served together skin and meat) and the service is very good too.

Overall I really enjoy this restaurant, as I say the location makes it even more charming. I recommend anyone to visit this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“So Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I was looking for a good hotel restaurant to host my mother's birthday in August and this was my top choice from previous visits several years ago.

There are certain basic things you expect from a restaurant located in a hotel like Peninsular. Good Service, Great Chinese Food, and proper plating of the food. Not sure if it was the wedding party upstairs or not that took all the resources from Mei Jiang but it was so disappointing, we decided by the time the 3rd plate arrived at our table that we can forget this restaurant for my Mother's Birthday.

Have to ask to change our plates everytime, it is quite standard in any even 3 star restaurant to do this.

Have to ask to add tea.

Food presentation was horrendous. Nothing was plated on a serving dish only on dinner plates. No presentation.

Our Peking duck was ok but really nothing special, and our wraps were lukewarm, and I guess we were suppose to have 2 plates which they forgot to serve us the second plate of the wraps until the minced duck portion came. Which you wrap with lettuce not these flour wraps.

So Disappointing

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best Chinese Restaurant in a Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Mei Jiang constantly been delivery an outstanding Chinese cuisine since the Peninsular Bangkok Hotel opened many years ago. For Dim Sum, the restaurant always provided the variety of dishes not available where else. The Dim Sum lunch is highly recommended for business get-together either before or after a meeting. The garden plus riverside is very pleasant and provides excellent view from the dining room. The evening for dinner provide a different atmosphere but not less spectacular since the Bangkok's lights are sparkling over the Chao-phya River. The selections from their menu are of great variety. Your evening can be most enjoyable by trying out different dishes in this beautiful surrounding.

Visited October 2012