“Elegant chinese food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Calgary, Canada
“Elegant chinese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I found this restaurant in Fodor's Guide and I was intrigued that it has hosted famous Thai's including Royalty.

It is located in the Dusit Thani Hotel that is less than 5 minutes walk from Skytrain BTS Sala Daeng Station. Exit on the South side of the station and walk one block East. Enter the ground of the Dusit Thani before reaching Thanon Rama 4 major road.

The service and decor was impeccable and the food was excellent. It was however quite a pricy for Thailand but not by western standards.

I would recommend this restaurant for special occasions fine dining. I think it should be ranked much than it's current position of 1000/8000 Bangkok restaurants.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

100% Recommend
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good Chinese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

This Chinese restaurant is located at The Dusit Thani Hotel. This hotel chain is run by a Thai family who values high standard in everything, paying attention to every details. So this Chinese restaurant has always been we known for very good Chinese food. It has dim sum for lunch, but full menu is served too. Crispy sweet squid as starter is to be tried, Peking Duck and Crispy suckling pig are famous too. Crispy noodles with oyster sauce is awesome. Dessert is good, but I like Toffee Banana the best.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Beautifully presented Chinese cuisine in elegant surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

We visited quite late on a Sunday evening and found that we were the only guests. This would normally not be a good sign, but as I know the restaurant and its reputation I was not unduly worried. The surroundings are elegant and spacious and the tables beautifully set. We chose two main dishes - Szechuan style pork and prawn with green pepper and black bean sauce. Both were prepared to perfection and presented beautifully. We also had a delicate sweetcorn soup, served in individually heated bowls and finished the meal with green tea ice cream. In addition to its full wine list, the restaurant has a good selection of open wines at very reasonable prices. We chose a vin de pays d'Oc, which we enjoyed with the food. Particular praise goes to the waiter who heard us discussing the choice of main courses: I had remarked that I would not choose the sweet and sour pork because it would be too sweet for me and she immediately suggested that the chef could make any of the dishes using sugar substitute, something I do when cooking at home as I am diabetic. A most enjoyable meal in a pleasant atmosphere professionally served.

• Visited August 2011