“good enough for sleep only...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Alpine

You added Grand Alpine to your Saves list
Grand Alpine
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   88/15-18 Phetchaburi Rd. Phayathai Ratchathewi, Bangkok 10400, Thailand   |
Ranked #213 of 449 Bangkok B&B and Inns
Jakarta, Indonesia
“good enough for sleep only...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

january 2014, we stay there for 2 nights before heading to pattaya.
it close to shopping center where my wife likes to see, but kiddos not enjoyed the shopping time.
we leave the group of girls to shop by tuk2 and heading back to hotel at the second day.noon.
kids really enjoyed riding with tuk-tuk, and ask for more. i found out there's nothing to explore at the hotel besides our room and tv. so the kids only watch tv and finally asleep, while wait for moms back from their shopping time.
well, sleep is alright, it's quite and comfort. breakfast is 1 point below average. BUT, staffs are quite nice. they're all really helpful and have good manners.
restaurants are easy to find in this alleys area. but it's not far from main street.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Matt_iskandar,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Thank you for taking time to share your review of us. It is our pleasure to provide you quality service and I am glad to know that you appreciated it. I am also joyed to know that you found our hotel convenient for your travel needs. Rest assured that we strive to always give the best service to make your experience with us a memorable one.

My appreciation once again and I look forward on your next visit with us.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Batu Pahat, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

the hotel is inside the small lane ,but is a busy lane from morning to night ,don worry that is that too far find something to eat ,many small stall is selling the food ,for the traveler is focus at shopping,just wanna have a place to sleep,i think this is your choice~bathroom is small and clean ;the shower area is with plastic partition.

7 -11 just few step from the lobby of hotel, is very convenient,

got 1 thing happen when i check out,because my flight is 7.00am,so i need wake up at 4.00am,
when i wake up by the clock,suddenly my room is black out!not light,no electric,no warm water ,also cant call the room service!

i only can use my handphone torch light to pack my luggage ,even the water supply is very weak!so i just brush my face and wash a face then drag my heavy luggage from 6 floor walk the emergency stair to 1 floor lobby!the emergency exit also very dark,don't have any light .

when finally go to 1 floor ,the other traveler is start argue with the man (i don know who is that guy,is security guard?customer service or what)

Fortunately,i pass the room key to that guy and leave there~thx god~
stay at 13 dec 2013 -15 dec 2013

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Belltingting,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. We are honored having you as our guest and for making us part of your visit to Bangkok.

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you had experienced during your stay. There was a power failure throughout Pratunam area that time which rarely happens and there were no advisories of such. Our staff had taken their best to cater all the guests' requests but apologetically was insufficient due to the number of the guests in-house. I am thankful for your rationality on the situation and please do accept my apologies once again.

Further, I want to assure you that we are on the process of extensively improving our facilities so we could provide more quality service to all our guests.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any hotel assistance. We look forward on your next visit with us.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

The rooms are small.
half rooms are in older section with bathrooms area with plastic partitions.the new section is better.
The doors keep on producing strange noises throughout the nights.
The old type wall mounted airconditioners are insufficient and no blowing effect as they are mounted in one corner so rooms are suffocating.
the soap and shampoo provided per room are not sufficient.
but the staff is cooperative.
the breakfast is very limited items.
I had booked 8 rooms here on 7th and 8th of jan 2014

Room Tip: take rooms in new sections only.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Drvijayathalye,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Initially, I want to thank you for taking time to post your review of us. It was a pleasure having you as our guest on your recent trip to Bangkok. I would personally want to extend my apologies for the inconvenience you had during your stay with us. Rest assured that all your feedback were properly noted for us to make the necessary improvements. I also want you to know that we are on the process of improving our facilities in order to serve you better.

Thank you and I hope to see you again in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was there on the 25th - 28th December 2013. When I got there by taxi and was shocked to see how remotely the hotel was located, the hotel staff said they have free tuktuk service from the hotel to the nearest bts station, which I think is good but when I use the tuktuk service, the driver brought us to a street and told us to walk towards the bts which was at least 100m away. Returning to the hotel at night is another problem, can't walk back from main street because it's too dark and dangerous plus its not a short walk. Have to take a tuktuk or a taxi to go there. The hotel provide ONLY a bathe towel and 2 bottles of complimentary drinks. There are some weird smell when I on the aircon and the water heater is not very good, as in the hot water come and go and the basin is outside the bathroom. There are no "please clean my room" or "do not disturb" tag, when I was sleeping and suddenly a cleaner knocked my room door and come in just like that! What if i'm bathing or changing?

I recommend Bangkok Loft Inn because I was there for 6 days before changing it to grand alpine. The service is good and will give u a bangkok map. Good English speaking staff and able to book baiyoke sky hotel buffet and cruise dinner through the hotel. Provides hand, face and bathe towel plus no problem with the water heater and its very near Wongwian Yai bts station. The staff are very friendly and you can have supper at night which is just outside the hotel and its very good.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear y0ng_sh3ng,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Thank you for taking time to share your review here in Tripadvisor. I am saddened to know of the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay with us. With it, I want to personally extend my apologies.

Our hotel is located in the center of Pratunam which is a very known commercial area. It features numerous establishments which offers affordable prices that is also the reason why tourists flocks in this part of Bangkok. As expected, hotel premises would be congested with crowd, vehicles and businesses. Grand Alpine Hotel is one of those who offers very competitive room rates. Though a budget hotel, we sincerely see to it that we are able to provide our guests the quality comfort and services they deserve. Should we have known of the discomforts and insufficiency you have encountered, our Staff would be very glad to answer your queries, assist to your needs and provide your requests.

Rest assured that we have seriously noted your feedback for us to improve and to be able to serve you better next time. Thank you once again.

Sakyavudhi Tam Pnnark
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Location - Right in the middle of shopping market of Prathunam market (indira market). So you will be satisfied with location if shopping is one of your key objective and if you are planning to buy shirts/t-shirts within 200 bhat. There are larger super markets available within 2 km (easy walking through markets). It is also near from Grand palace and other important locations.
Both airports are within 1 hour taxi.

Food - Restaurant Serves Breakfast (average - mostly Indian options with egg and chicken sausage). Hotel staff are reasonable when you make request. My daughter was unwell so we have requested for customized preparation. It was honored. We took dinners also in the hotel. Food price is comparable with nearby restaurants. Around 120-150bt per dish. Taste and quality - we found it average. Menu offers long list of Indian dishes and Thai (bit Indian style :-)
They are open till late in night.

There are lot of options just outside hotel including good street foods. If you are prepared to walk to Big C mall (around 2 km away) you will get food court (5th floor). Price is very reasonable (within 80bt).

Taxi - Available once you are out of hotel and you are prepared to walk around 300-500m.

Light rail station is around 1 km. If you have luggage request hotel boys to help.
Hotel entrance is congested. So your taxi driver may find it difficult if he/she does not know (or pretends in that way).

Room Facilities - Wifi (ask passcode at reception, each device will need one code), TV (Indian channels mostly, however you will also get two good English movie channels, fox sports), Tea/Coffee makers. Hotel takes care of your luggage in case if you are checking early.

Window - We stayed in two rooms. Views are rather ordinary. In one room window is blocked by wall (within 1 feet).

Hotel Lobby - Nice (typical budget hotel type), lobby has one desktop for internet browsing.

Hotel has a terrace with few reasonable chairs (no great view but if you want to have a chat with friends under open sky) - 2nd floor.

Bathroom - Small but clean

Few rooms have wash basins inside the room. I have seen negative comments in tripadvisor for that. I personally do not have objection, there are pros and cons with wash basin in the room.

Air Con - Good
Noise - Given the location of the hotel, I was expecting it to be noisy. It is not noisy.

Service Quality - I consider good and responsive.

Other facilities

7-Eleven is attached with hotel. So you have 24 hours options to buy.
ATM is attached with the hotel.
Hotel has travel desk - you will get reasonable deal compared to other travel desks in nearby region.
Forex and Several medical shops are open till midnight (and within 200m)

Room Tip: Two points - if you have issues with wash basin inside room make them an early request and check win...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Aniruddha M,

Thank you very much for your objective review of our hotel. I personally want to extend my sincerest appreciation for making us part of your travel in Bangkok.

It is very overwhelming for us to know that Grand Alpine Hotel suited your travel needs. I am also glad that we have been able to provide the services and amenities you expected to have. Though a budget hotel, we always see to it that we are undertaking the standards of this industry to provide quality comfort and services to our guests. As of the moment, we are on the process of improving our facilities to be able to serve you better.

Please feel free to contact me should you need hotel assistance in the future. We look forward on your next visit with us.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Friendly staff, centrally located with fashion street & local shopping market just a walk away. Clean & spacious rooms, lavish menu to choose from, 24 hours operational kitchen. Value for money. Would definitely recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gauravanandgurgaon,

Thank you for your positive review of Grand Alpine Hotel! I am truly pleased to know that you found our establishment convenient for your travel preferences. Rest assured that we shall continuously provide quality comfort and services to all our guests.

Once again, it is my honor having you as our guest and I hope to see you again in the future.

India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

Where do i start with........i was impressed by the pictures ....the location and some (dnt know why) good reviews...

We took so much time at the airport trying to make drivers understand its location inspite of having its address and map.
After roaming for about 15 minutes in prathunam area we finally located hotel on foot and then came back to taxi.The road (if it can be called road) is so narrow our taxi driver refused to enter....
When we entered we found our rooms to be like servant quarters as compared to pictures shown on TA or hotel site (yes they have a site).
We were a group and took 7 rooms and visited almost the rooms so can confidently say all rooms are alike (not that we were given bad rooms).
All the rooms stink and most of the rooms had no ventilation.
The wash basin was near bed ....ya not in the bathroom.....so sh.. in the loo and wash your hand beside the bed....
we were 2 adults and a child with extra bed in deluxe room but we were provided 2 towels (their plea...we dnt have enough towels so only 2 towels per room)
breakfast was non existent 2 non veg dishes(fried rice and chicken curry) 1 veg dish (Parantha and curd) 3 fruits(watermelon, pineapple, papaya juice, 1 juice (50% juice 50% water), white bread (baked hours ago).
Restaurant service people were good and food was better than average but very spicy.

The only good thing about it was location if you only want to shop....rest metro, taxi BTS all far away .....only markets were near.......

Room Tip: If you have to then take rooms with window.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
TamPinnark, Manager at Grand Alpine, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear KPSC,

Greetings from Grand Alpine Hotel!

Thank you for taking time to share your review on us. Though outwardly, your stay with us was less than satisfying, I would like to express my appreciation for including us in your itinerary to Bangkok. I would like to personally convey my apologies to all the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Our hotel is located in the heart of Pratunam which is a bustling commercial area and as expected it would be congested with people, vehicles and shops. With regards to our rooms, we would have gladly changed it for you should the Front Desk was informed of your discomfort on it. Even as a budget hotel, we are duty-bound to provide the best comfort and services to our guests inclined with the standards of hospitality industry. As a matter of fact, we are on the process of continuously improving our facilities and services to be able to meet the expectations of our valued guests.

Once again, I am sorry for the negative impression you had on us. Rest assured that your feedbacks were seriously noted to be able to serve you better the next time.

Hotel Manager

Been to Grand Alpine? Share your experiences!