“Good, clean rooms. Convenient location (malls, Pratunam market).” 4 of 5 stars

City breaks
Ranked #93 of 772 Hotels in Bangkok
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good, clean rooms. Convenient location (malls, Pratunam market).”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here a couple of months ago (sorry for the delayed post!) on our way back from Krabi, for two nights. This hotel is in the same building/complex as the Platinum Mall (hence the name), with a separate entrance that takes you to a small reception desk and elevator (lift) bank, with the main reception area on the 6th floor! That floor also has the coffee-shop, restaurants, and bar/lounge, with guest rooms on other higher floors. We stayed on the 17th floor with a nice view of the city (and its traffic!). The pool (on the 9th flr, if I recall correctly) is amazing and worth a visit.

The room was decent-sized and clean, although some may find the see-through glass-walled toilet/shower area a bit discomforting (shades/curtains are available to cover that up!). The food, including buffet breakfast or lunch/dinner was so-so. The breakfast was still okay, but one of the dinner buffets we had was nothing much to write home about. You may also want to check out some of the nearby eateries (which also include a KFC and a McDonald’s, for those seeking something familiar).

The key positive for this hotel is its location – bang opposite the Pratunam Market and close to some of the touristy places. The only downside is that the nearest BTS stations are a not very pleasant long walk (given the hot weather + distance) from the hotel. The nearest BTS is Chit Lom station, about 15 minutes walk from Novotel/Pratunam. Take a train to Silom station from there, which is well connected to spots such as the river pier (Saphan Taksin station) from where one can get onto the Chao Phraya River Express ferries to places like the landmark Wat Arun temple (laced with Buddhist and Hindu themes).

Cabs and tuk-tuks are easily available outside the hotel, but they haggle and over-charge. For those wanting info on airport-to-hotel travel: it took us about an hour to reach the hotel from Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) in daytime on a weekday, and cost us roughly THB 450 (including toll fees). While returning to the airport, we left the hotel at around 8pm (had a night flight) and reached BKK (Suvarnabhumi) in 50 mins for THB 400 (including toll).

If you are in Bangkok as a tourist with shopping or sightseeing plans, and wish to have a 4-starish place to crash during night-time, this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: Take a higher floor room if you are a light sleeper. And if you think that bright wall video/neon li...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear value guest,

Greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum!

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to leave your feedback with us.

We do really appreciate your detailed review, which allows other guests to get a better opinion of our hotel. We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed the location, the view from the room and the pool.

I am sorry that your experience with our food and beverage outlet didn’t meet your expectations. I have shared your comments for review with our exceutive chef and food and beverage manager.

Again thank you very much for your description of your stay with us. The entire team of Novotel Bangkok Platinum is looking forward to welcome you back in the very near future.

Warmest regards,

Novotel Bangkok Platinum

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am mostly impressed with the friendly, helpful, hospitable and professional hotel staff from managers to receptionists to bellboys to waiters. The room is big, clean, well-equipped and comfortable. I like the shower room though there are signs of leaking on the toilet floor. Good location, just next to Platinum Fashion Mall! So convenient to get to other big malls like Siam Square, Central World and Paragon. I will definitely stay at Novotel Bangkok Platinum again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum!

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback with us and to give other guests and us a better picture about your recent stay.

It is great to see that you really enjoyed the hospitality of our team members, the room, the shower and the location.

Please be informed that I have sent already our engineer team to the room to solve the problem with the water leaking. Thank you for pointing this out.

I will take the liberty to pass your comments to the entire team.

We do hope to welcome you back in the very new future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great location for all shoppers
Clean and tidy hotel
Great service
Friendly Staffs
Very Well English speaking staffs
Good facilities Pool, meeting rooms, Gym etc
Nice Bath Room
Great selection of Breakfastin the Restaurant
Good size room with very comfortable Bed

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

May I begin thanking you for taking the time to share your comments with us and to give us the chance to improve ourselves.

We really appreciate that you emphasize the great location of the hotel, the excellent service delivered from our team members, the facilities such as the pool and gym, the great breakfast and the comfortable bed.

We will ensure that your comments reach all of our team members.
Thank you for staying with us and we do hope to welcome you back here.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Thip is a very helpful and knowledgeable staff who helped us with our bookings of restaurants and spas that require some travelling from the hotel.
Great location at platinum ie you can shop and return to your hotel room to deposit your stuff. Rooms are well clean and maintained. The only downside is that the walls are not very well sound-proof and I had a rude incident of neighbouring guests banging on the wall in an attempt to get me to lower the volume of my tv set.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Warm greetings and thank you for having chosen Novotel Bangkok Platinum as the hotel of choice for your recent stay.

We also thank you for having taken the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel. We are delighted to read your comments and that you enjoyed the performance of our team members, the location of the hotel and the rooms.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the noise from the guests in the other rooms.

We do hope to see you return soon as we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Warm regards,

singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

stayed for 3 nights and love the room for the cleanliness and comfort due to well kept facilities.
we were given a high floor room hence we could enjoy a nice view from our room.
liked the design of the bathing area due to the full length glass and you can watch the tv while bathing.
service wise, not too consistent as one of the staff who was always smiley throughout our stay, was suddenly not too smiley on the last day when we nicely declined his offer to call for cab for us.
also, room is a little dim without enough lights but the comfort level of the room outweighs the cons.
as for location, love it that its opposite pratunum market and only a short ten mins walk from centralworld mall.
overall, it was nice staying here and will return again on our next visit.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest !

Greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum and thank you for your valuable time to share your experience to other guests and with us.

It pleased us very much to know that your experience with us was so exceptional and we were able to meet your needs, especially because of the cleanliness, comfort and view from the room.

I will personally ensure that your feedback will be shared with our entire team. I am sorry that one of our team members didn’t smile to you. I have re-emphasized to the team that while this is a simple gesture, smiling is our first step to making our guests feel at home.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to our hotel.

Warm regards

spore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

stayed at 11th floor... but i think my room is too far corner and near the generator... can hear the "engine" vibration sound at intervals... quite irritating .. actually like to change my room.. but since most of the times we doze off very fast as we are tired from all the shopping n eating... in end... we make do with it... nice hotel, nice staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guests,

Thank you for choosing Novotel Bangkok Platinum and for taking time to share your experience with other guests.

Iam pleased to note that you enjoyed shopping in our location and that you were more than happy with our team members.

Your comments are greatly appreciated and I will certainly be posting your feedback to share with all of our team members. Pleae accept my apologies in regards to the machine vibration. I am currently investigating this with my manager of engineering. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome back you to Novotel Bangkok Platinum in the future.

manila
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed for 4 days and 3 nights last may 19. (check out foodinthebag.blogspot.com for whole detailed experience of this hotel with pictures.)

The location is excellent as it is in the shopping district. Actually it is on top of one of the malls and has an escalator connecting to it.

In terms of luxury and elegance I can give it a 3/5 because the lobby is actually located on the 6th floor. Only a small concierge area and a few seats are in the first floor. The staff here was helpful. You leave your luggage here to let them bring to your room.

Got here at past 2pm hoping that our room was available. We were informed that the room wasn't available yet and was just asked to go shopping or eat lunch somewhere (seriously). Got back almost 4pm, Good thing the room was already available. Front desk's English needs a little more refining.

Room was all right. We were 3 adults (mom, younger brother, and I) that shared 1 room. It was a bit cramped since we all had 3 single beds.

The view from the room was also a failure. They placed a sort of dotted sticker on the window which hinders one to marvel at the cityscape of the shopping district. I later learned that they had placed a poster/ advertisement on the the rooms' at that side of the hotel. (avoid the rooms which had a pool view)

MINI BAR HAS CONDOMS!!! (is this the norm in BKK?). My mother quickly stored it away from my younger brother.

No bathtubs but had an open view from the shower area to tv with motorized curtains and speaker in washroom. Toilet has a bidet. Hot and cold water.

They offer free wifi (clocked at 2mbps). and free use of 2 macs in the lobby.

Rooms got cleaned everyday. Although we had to put a sign on the bed for them to change the linens daily and another sign on the door knob outside for them to know that they could clean the room.

Security was an issue for me. For a hotel like this I was hoping that they have elevators that uses guest key cards as a way for them to operate. I mean, even if I wasn't a guest I could easily go to their pool area, gym, and even the guest floors. Although there was security cams everywhere, I made sure the door stopper locks in our room always on as someone might just barge in.

Gym was up to date opens at 6am to 10pm. Pool opens at 8-8. Pool was small but had a stunning view because it was the infinity kind. Locker area was nice. Steam room and a relaxation room were present. Located at 9th floor.

Breakfast was buffet. egg station, noodle station, bacon was not cripsy, a few hot choices, different pastries and bread, cereals, juices,yogurt, milk, salad bar, were present. The cheese platter was a bit disappointing. Unlimited coffee and tea also. Opens at 6am and closes at 10am. Only a 1-2 dishes were changed daily. Service was excellent

Dinner at the hotel's restaurant THE SQUARE was affordable. they had this 25% discount promo ongoing. They only offer dinner buffet wed-Sun if I am not mistaken. Lunch buffet is buy 1 take 1.

Room service or in room dining was a little disappointing. Unlike other hotels, they didn't have a table brought or wheeled in but rather just a tray and placed the food on the study table. We had to move our electronic gadgets and other bags. Furthermore, there were no glasses/water provided. Just the food ordered and the utensils. The price was okay wasn't that expensive compared to other hotels I have been to.

Checkout was done within 20 minutes. I mean we checked out early at 10am to get our flight.
So i believe it wasn't peak time. They had to check the room personally if they needed to bill you other stuff.

If you were going somewhere you could leave your luggage with them if your flight is still at nighttime.

Will I go back? Maybe.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your generous comments about your recent visit at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

I was very happy to read that you liked the location and our facilities such as the pool. Thank you for your very detailed review as it gives us and other guests a better picture of the hotel.

I will together with my front office manager investigate why the room was not ready for you on time. Our executive chef and our food and beverage manager will work on improvements of the breakfast and will work on your ideas of enhance the room service presentation and service. Please accept my apologies for this and thank you for pointing this out.

Currently most international hotel groups in Thailand provide condoms as part of the minibar service.

Feedback like yours is making a difference to motivate our team and to keep up with the unparalleled service we strive to provide.
It was pleasure to have you as our guest.

We all look very much forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Warmest regards,

Novotel Bangkok Platinum

Been to Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam? Share your experiences!