“Very new and fantastically nice hotel!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #116 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,421 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
“Very new and fantastically nice hotel!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Located just on top of the Platinum Mall Zone 3, the hotel is so conveniently located for shoppers to just hop back to hotel to lay down their shopping loots and go for more kills anytime in Platinum Mall. The location of this hotel is so strategically located that one can just cross opposite to get to the Pratunam Weekend Market and the other direction: Towards Grand Central World for some massive higher-end shopping.

Cleanliness of the hotel is also top notched and the whole room just felt so clean and tidy, without any sticky feeling that one feels usually on the carpeted floor of a hotel room. The whole feeling just felt so good when I entered into the room! Bathroom shower was also fantastic with the option of using the rain shower or the shower hose. However, it would be good if the shower room blind can be more opaque as with the blind down, the shower room can still be rather visible from the room and can be rather awkward if friends are sharing the room. Free wifi in rooms are a major plus for us to share our experiences of the day in the room after a day of shopping and this really adds on to the experience!

Next is the breakfast buffet. Great tasting buffet, but the food variety can be expanded further. Options are rather limited, but food does taste great. In-room dining offers rather limited choice, but hey! The Carbonara on the dining menu is really fantastic! Recommended a try on their Carbonara! Simply love their Carbonara!

The hotel staffs are also rather eloquent in communicating in English to the guests. Hence, hotel guests should feel rather at home seeking inquiries from them without much language barriers. They were also very helpful with handling of inquiries and even went to the extend of verifying information before conveying them to us!

One negative point though: Expect long waits from the lobby if guests are taking taxis or cabs to get around in Bangkok. Few cabs prowl the lobby of Novotel Platinum but well, guess that's because the route to the lobby is rather out of the way. Lobby staffs also tend to forget that we were waiting for taxis even after informing them that we need a taxi as well. Hence, lengthening our wait time for the taxis.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at the Novotel Bangkok Platinum on your recent visit to Bangkok. It is great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that the very convenient location, overall cleanliness, the fantastic Carbonara from our in-room dining, bathroom shower and our staff made your stay a memorable one.

Thank you again for highlighting the areas you did in your review. It is such a pleasure to receive such positive feedback.

Our concierge team was already briefed to be more attentive with requests of taxi drivers.

Once again, thank you for choosing Novotel Bangkok Platinum for your stay. It would be our sincere pleasure to welcome you back in the future to deliver another equally memorable stay.

Warmest Regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed her twice in December mainly because my partner was keen to visit the Platinum Fashion Mall (not for guys and a nightmare for the bank balance!!!)

I stay in many Novotels and this is one of the best. Clean, nice rooms, food is good and staff smiling and helpful. Nice coffeee shop just outside the hotel and some fast food outlets along the road

Also Pantip Plaza is easy to walk to to if you need electronic items

Negative aspects are the slow check in and check out. There seems no process and I was 20 minutes waitin to check in on one occassion (the other was only 10 minutes). Novotel need a queue sytyem as I am a frequent user of Accor hotels and the Priority desk was very slow (some people need to spend 15 mins being told how much an upgrade costs! - I would have this as a separate desk)

Check out also slow with the same issues as thee is limited space in my voew for guests to stand and queue

The other issues was delivery of the bags (we had left one at the hotel while we travelled). Took 40 minutes to arrive - again a first for me in Novotels. was very annoyed as we had an appointment and with the traffic we missed it

The other issue was (for the first time) the taxis. The staff kindly arrangeda taxi for us but the first 9 taxis refused to use the meter (a first for me in Bangkok). All smiles but they should be more assertive as meters are required for taxis in the city

But still a nice stay (both times) and I would return but Accor please sort out the check in and check out soon! And make the bag delivery faster!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum !

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for all your positive comments that we have already shared with the team. Thank you again for pointing out the cleanliness of our rooms, the great food and our smiling and helpful staff.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your inconvenience in regards to the slow check in, check out timings and the late delivery of your bag which you experienced while staying with us.

After having talked to our front office manager a series of actions and retraining has been put in place to ensure that such inconsistencies do not reoccur.

In regards to the taxi drivers it is our policy to only use taxis using taxi meters and our concierge team are trying hard to ensure this for our guests. As taxis are modes of transportation they are not associated with the hotel.

May I add that I appreciate your feedback, as it has alerted certain failures upon which we can build a more consistent service delivery.

Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The hotel location is just beside platinum fashion mall and has connecting elevators, very convenient.

The staffs are generally very friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and the air con is very cold. The free wifi in the rooms are quite weak, only near the doors have better reception.

Bathroom shower is amazing, enjoyed it after a long day of shopping.

Breakfast spread is average, only international breakfast, no local dishes available.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sascha K, Owner at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for the positive feedback that you have given to our team. Your valued compliments are definitely an encouragement to all of us and will help us in improving ourselves.

Thank you for pointing out the location of the hotel, our “friendly and helpful staff” and the rooms.

Please be ensured that I will discuss the matter regarding the internet connection in your room with my IT manager and the suggestion to add up more local dishes with our executive chef.

I sincerely hope you will have many more chances visiting us again in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I would say this is a great hotel, thou is not 5* but it has almost everything you need as traveler.

Was there in Jun with hubby and son then again in Aug with Hubby with 3nights stay each time. This is a pretty new hotel, the room is clean and spacious and the bed is sooooo comfortable. Amenities provided are pretty decent, usual items and even body scrub!!

great location with connection to the new shopping mall and next to it is wholesale mall - Platinum.
5mins walk to all the high end malls and restaurants.

Breakfast was good but it could be very crowded and needed to wait to be seated.

Nice gym which is comparable to 5* hotel, it has almost everything from threadmills, training machines to gym balls.

It has a children's play room which is located next to the swimming pool, the swimming is toooo small for such a big hotel.

Lobby lounge is cosy, with nice live band performance and live ESPN telecast.

Will definately stay there again, we enjoyed our stay so much that we just lazed around all day in the hotel was good enough for us. Even my son would like to return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your second stay with us and for having taken the time to post a very detailed review. We very much appreciate the time you have invested into sharing your experience with us and others.

We are delighted to read you have had a great time with us at the Novotel Bangkok Platinum. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I have taken the liberty to pass on these compliments to the entire team who were delighted to learn that their work is being appreciated. Becoming part of our big "Regular Guest Family" is the best compliment for us.

Thank you once again for choosing Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel to spend your time and we very much look forward to welcome you for another time back to the hotel in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had a very good and spacious room for the stay. In fact, our request for connecting rooms were also met. Very close to all the main shopping malls. All these have been raved about by other guests and it is true.

Bad:
We were trapped with a Thai couple when we took the lift from level 6 to ground floor. Tried to stay calm and pressed the alarm for help. But no help came. By the time we panicked and forced open the door ourselves, the staff are completely still blur at their counter, not knowing there was a faulty lift and apparently not hearing the alarm. No apology was given but they just shrugged off the incident. Not reliable at all.

During the breakfast, I spilled milk when a child dashed into my path. But no one bother to clean up. Everyone acts like they can't see and the mess was left for all to step on.

The restaurant food apart from breakfast is terrible. We oped for a supper in the hotel as we were too tired and it was a terrible mistake. Avoid their dessert at all cos

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Novotel Bangkok Platinum and for taking the time to leave your feedback on tripadvisor.

I really appreciate your positive comments regarding the rooms and the certainly very central location of our hotel.

But I am very disappointed and saddened to hear that you had a negative experience while you were in our lift and please do accept my apologies. This is certainly not our standard. We take such matters very seriously and we will ensure that our future guests will not experience this inconvenience.

I have also passed your comments regarding your incident while having breakfast and your comments about the food to our food and beverage manager who is working closely with his team to improve the existing service and quality of the food.

I am confident that on your next stay with us you will see our improvements.

I do hope you will consider us for your next stay. Once again, thank you very much for sharing your feedback, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future and serving you again, with the aim to restore your confidence in full.

Warmest regards,

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Good

- I was booked into an executive room and the hotel offered me an extra bed for my kids without me asking ... It's such "little" things which guests always treasure :-)

- Staff always goes "Good Morning, kha". I thought it had a nice ring to it. "Sawadee kha" could do too ....

Need to improve

Breakfast - Presentation was very good. I guess taste was more suited to a general crowd ... not very Thai-like even though we are in Bangkok. Could have added more genuine Thai food.

Swimming - We went swimming daily but found that deck chairs are lacking.

Concierge - From my experience in all hotels, this hotel also needs improvement
in this area. No need to elaborate here but if you need to know ... just stand and you will "see" a lot of things. Just to share, my best experience
was previously in a 2-star hotel when two concierges came out with two large
umbrellas when my family came in during a heavy downpour.

Housekeeping - Good ... but forgot to replace haircap

Complimentary cocktails (5pm-7pm) - Maybe not such a good idea to have during dinner time (suggest 4-6pm)
(Executive flr) because I will take the opportunity to cover my dinner as well.
As a result, food was not replenish sufficiently as many guests during the peak season was not executives (who hardly eats). Manager was well aware because he was also complaining
that guests are complaining ... haha

Communication - Late. Got the communication on outside windows cleaning at 11am while the spiderman already showed up at 8am. Like, I could have been informed the previous night?

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Delightful greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum!

Thank you for having taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor.com after your recent stay at our hotel.

We are glad to know that you overall enjoyed your visit at the Novotel Bangkok Platinum and thank you for all your rewarding comments that we will share with the entire team.

We also appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the breakfast at our restaurant, the availability of deckchairs at the pool area, the awareness of our concierge team while guests are present, replenishing of food during the evening cocktail and the miscommunication about the outside window cleaning. We are continuously working hard to improve our facilities and service.
I wish to reassure you, that I have addressed your comments with the team to ensure that we take all the necessary action to improve the service and staff attentiveness.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Warmest Regards,

Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the Novotel Platinum Bangkok in an Executive room for 5 nights. Being on the Executive floor gives access to the Executive lounge for complimentary breakfast each day as well as a quiet place to relax and unwind during the day and finishing with free cocktails and canapes each evening. The hotel has been open less than a year and appears to have a high occupancy rate. This would be mainly because of the central location and the excellent staff and facilities. The room was very tastefully appointed and the bed was super comfortable. Being on top of a Fashion Mall and within 5 minutes walk of several other malls and thousands of other shops makes it an ideal location for a shopping holiday. We had no complaints at all and will be revisiting next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Its been a pleasure having you here and I would like to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback here on tripadvisor.

I am glad to know that you had such an amazing time and have thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and services. Indeed we are in a rather favorable location especially for those who wish to go shopping.

Thank you for your comments regarding the “excellent staff”, the rooms and the Premier Lounge.

The entire team of the Novotel Bangkok Platinum wishes you a Happy New Year 2013!

Best wishes,

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam? Share your experiences!