“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #116 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 1,421 Reviews
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 7 nights and I have to say that the staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast buffet spread was alright, the rooms were comfy and the location of the hotel was amazing. It's a short walk to Central World, Big C supermarket and there's Black Canyon coffee, McDonald's below the hotel. Reception is on the 6th floor and welcome drinks are served. There's an escalator that brings you to the 5th or 6th floor of zone 3 of Platinum Fashion Mall beside the hotel's restaurant. The room is a bit small but that's not much of a problem as it is very clean. The ground floor staff can help you get a taxi to wherever you need to go to. It's great!Do check out the Kids Room on the 9th floor. Xbox 360 is available there. Overall, a really nice stay and I would book it again.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms for better view:)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly allow me to thank you for your review and that you have taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor.com.

It is our greatest pleasure to know you had a pleasant stay with us. We appreciate your compliments on the hotel. It is always gratifying for the whole team to receive these positive comments.

I am very pleased to read that the team could make you feel welcome & cared for. Thank you as well for pointing out our Xbox 360, which is available at the Kids Club.

I wish you a merry holiday season and look forward to the occasion of your next visit.

Warmest regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

1) Location: Shopping
If your main purpose of going to Bangkok is to shop, this location is perfect. It's located above the new wing of Platinum Fashion Mall and right next to the old wing of Platinum Fashion Mall (where we spent most of our time and money at). Really loved the location because we could drop our bags or take a short rest then resume shopping.

Note that this is a VERY busy district and there are bad jams regardless of the time of the day.

Besides Platinum Fashion Mall, it's also within a 5 minute walk to Pantip (selling computer-related stuff), Pratunum Market (open-air market), Central World (modern shopping centre with lots of eateries), Big C (a hypermarket), the Erawan Shrine (the four-faced Buddha) and Siam Paragon (shopping centre with IMAX).

In the direction of Central World and Big C, you will see lots of roadside food stalls and stalls selling everything from clothes to accessories to toys. If you go to Central World at night, there seems to be some drinking fest every night with live performances.

2) Location: Everywhere else
The hotel is far from the few tourist attractions we wanted to visit, including the temples and Chinatown. We opted for a cab everywhere from the hotel.

3) Room
I loved everything about the room. Comfortable beds, good working wifi, many TV channels and we could see Central World and the never-ending jam from our room. As mentioned above, the live music performances go on till quite late at night so we basically heard the pounding music every night. For those who have trouble sleeping, you might want to request for ear plugs or see if there are rooms that might not be affected by the performances.

Interesting toilet design where the toilet has a separate door from the rest of the bathroom. Good for those who like to hog the toilet. There are no locks to the toilet door- might not be the perfect design if the two people sharing the room do not know each other very well.

The screen separating the bathroom and the bedroom is transparent (i.e. whoever's in the room can see you bathing and you can see the room when you're bathing) unless you press a button and the screen comes down. You have to hold onto the button for some time before it will come down. Love the shower.

4) Breakfast
Breakfast was good. There was a selection of bread and danish pastries, hot food such as roast potatoes, fried rice, noodle station, egg station, fruits, a wide fruit juice selection, yummy pancakes etc.

5) Rest of the food
We had dinner in the hotel once but I'll blog about it another time. Suffice to say that we preferred the food at Platinum food court.

6) Amenities
Some people commented that this was like the pool at MBS but sorry, this doesn't make the cut because it's a small pool. The gym looked good enough for travelling purposes. Free computer usage at the 6th floor which I thought was a plus point for those who don't bring their laptops and don't want to squint at their phone screens.

7) Service
I'm not sure why I'm leaving the worst for the last but I'll do it anyway.

Firstly, lack of decorum is something that was evident with the concierge staff. We tipped a guy at the concierge who carried our luggage and he entered the luggage room. Before the door closed, he checked the tip, right before our eyes. There was another guy who helped move our luggage. While deciding how much to tip him, he was hovering in a distance and looking at us, obviously waiting to be tipped.

Secondly, the staff do not really know their taxi prices as someone pointed out in other reviews. For those who are looking for an estimate to go to the Wat Pho area, our taxi fare was around 90 Baht on an early Saturday morning. Even with bad jams on our way back, it was 110 Baht.

Thirdly, I'm not sure what time the rooms get cleaned but we were quite surprised one day when we went back at 4+ pm and the rooms were not yet cleaned. The next day, we came back from breakfast at 10 am and couldn't enter the room because they were cleaning the rooms. And I nearly forgot about this but as another reviewer mentioned, the toilet actually smelled smoky when none of us in the room smokes. Besides that, the room was kept clean.

Fourthly, I would just caution those travelling in big groups. If you get offered by the concierge of the 1500 Baht option for a shuttle van which can pick you up from the hotel and send you back whenever you call for them, calling for two separate taxis is really a lot more worth it, even with the jams.

Overall
I would come here again if I want to shop at Platinum because the hotel's location is really good for shopping purposes and the room exceeded my expectations. However, service awaits improvement.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to post a very insightful review on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you being our guest and sharing some great pointers to our future guests.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed the facilities of our hotel, such as the location, room and breakfast. It is a pleasure to receive such positive suggestion and you may rest assured that we will most certainly strive to maintain if not further improve upon our standards.

Your comments on the concierge experience have been well noted and I will share those with our front office manager and her concierge team to ensure this will not happen again.

We also appreciate your added feedback with regards to housekeeping cleaning timings, which was brought to the attention of our housekeeping manager to improve the overall guest experience.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback. It serves as great motivation to our team. We look forward to welcoming you back again to our hotel in the near future.

Best Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at Novotel Bangkok Platinum for 5 nights with my family, and I was really glad we chose this hotel! We managed to get to 2nd room at 50% like at all Novotel hotels. The staff there were absolutely professional, helpful, and definitely very friendly! Rooms are great, really clean and I absolutely love the modern concept of the rooms. Bathrooms were really good too, except the fact that our Executive rooms didn't have a bathtub haha! Besides that, it was awesome. The Breakfast buffet was pretty good, although my family thought that it lacked in variety. They were expecting more, but it was good enough for me! They have free wifi in the rooms & at the breakfast lounge. Location wise, needless to say... IT's RIGHT ABOVE/BESIDE THE LARGEST WHOLESALE MALL - Platinum Mall! We could easily head upstairs, leave our bags and continue shopping! We would come back late at night and the staff never fails to greet us with a smile, and were extremely genuine with answering our queries and helping us with whatever we need. In-room dining was great too, and don't forget to check out their STEAM ROOM opposite the gym if you do visit! It's HEAVEN. Amazing! Doing a little travelogue on my blog!

Room Tip: Not sure bout the other rooms, but our executive rooms had a pretty good view at the 23rd level!
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for sharing your positive feedback with other travelers about your recent stay. I am happy to know you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you have chosen our hotel for your time in Bangkok. It is a pleasure to know that we exceeded your expectations, which is ultimately the goal of every hotel.

I am most grateful for your kind comments on the location, staff, rooms and our fitness center. I will certainly pass-on your compliments to our team.

Again, thank you for being our guest and leaving such an insightful review for other prospective guests to read.

Warm regards,

Quezon City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

It's our first time in Bangkok and I really don't have a clue with what to expect or where to go, where to book. My family went there 2 years ago without me (since my work leaves were not approved) and booked a hotel through Agoda... I did the same thing and found Novotel Platinum Hotel. I thought that it's the perfect hotel for us since based on description, it's new, it's a few blocks away from the BTS stations and just above the famous Platinum Fashion Mall.

It was my first time to book online through a 3rd party site and my concern was that since we booked really early, there might be some issues with booking confirmation or whatever so I checked through Novotel and I was really impressed since even if I didn't book directly through them, they still emailed a copy of the booking confirmation!

on the day of our arrival Dec. 14 (WE ARRIVED PAST MIDNIGHT) and we were expecting that the service might not be that good BUT AGAIN I was wrong. The lovely lady at the front desk (I remember her name well, Som) was all smiles and very helpful with our check in! It was the smoothest check-in ever!

I read about issues from previous reviews about lost valuables... Id like to share something about that... day 2 of our stay we decided to have our room cleaned and since we were in a hurry we forgot to keep our electronics in the safe... (an iPad, a camera, my husbands watch, and some other stuff) and I was very happy because when we got back, our room is clean and even our electronics are arranged well in the table... I'm not saying that this hotel is perfect and free from thieves or whatever, we still have to be careful with our belongings but I was really happy that nothing was missing.

more PROs:
1. had some problem trying to reach our tour guide but the guys from the concierge were very happy to help out in reaching him.
2. since our flight back to manila is at 12mn and checkout is at 12nn, it was easy for us to use that time to do some more shopping. no worries about smelling bad in the airport since the staff of novotel told us that we could use the pool lockers to take a shower ^_^
3. at first we were surprised at the design of the room (shower is divided by glass wall and can be seen outside) but later we found out that theres actually a switch where a cover would roll down from the ceiling ... really cool hehehe
4. need to shop? zone 3 of platinum fashion mall is just an escalator ride from the hotel lobby
5. LOVEd the bed! super comfy!
6. in room authentic thai massage! (though this hotel doesn't have a spa, they have brochures in the concierge desk) i initially planned to experience an authentic thai massage at wat po but since we were in a hurry i just decided to try out the brochure handed to me by one of the guys from concierge (i think that guy felt i needed a massage since i told them i got really tired from our jatujak experience) in less than 10 mins the lady was at the door and from there I HAD THE BESSST THAI MASSAGE EVVERR! loved it!

CONS:
1. this isn't really an issue but the breakfast choices are the same everyday.... but yeah. no issue here really hehehe
2. 15min walk from BTS chit lom, 20min walk from BTS siam. again not a big deal since hubby and i love to walk around though its going to be a huge challenge especially when you've been out the whole day then this 15-20 min walk could mean tired SORE feet.

Suggestions: a shuttle to a nearby stop would've made this stay PERFECT! i hope this hotel would offer this kind of service... like a free shuttle to the nearby BTS stations or malls, or airport link.

so yeah.... LOVE NOVOTEL PLATINUM! definitely coming back!

PS. i was talking with a friend who also stayed at NOVOTEL PLATINUM and she too was super happy with this hotel! We're looking forward to coming back to bangkok and staying here AGAIN! definitely recommending to others!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sascha K, Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear nijen,

Delightful greetings from Novotel Bangkok Platinum!

Firstly allow me to thank you for your positive review and that you have taken the time to rate us on tripadvisor.com and give every reviewer the chance to get a better picture of our property. That you will definitely recommend our hotel to others is very much appreciated.

Second, on behalf of my entire team at Novotel Platinum Hotel, I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks such as yours. The biggest compliment of course is to learn that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us.

I have taken the liberty to pass on these compliments to the entire team which will be delighted to learn that their work is being appreciated. Becoming part of our big "Regular Guest Family" would be the best compliment for us.

Thank you once again for choosing Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel to spend your time and we very much look forward to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

with my warmest personal regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was my first trip to BKK from SIN. A business trip at that, the hotel choice was my client's to make. Was here on a 3N stay from 3rd Sep to 6th Sep.

First impression of the hotel was of the 3 relatively small lifts that serve the entire hotel. The 3 small lifts would bring you to the 6th floor where the actual reception is. We were ushered to the Platinum Lounge with a welcome drink to chill out while we wait for check-in procedures to be done. The staff there were bright, friendly, and with relatively okay English that wasn't hard to understand.

I was allocated Room 2004, which had a stunning view of the sunset with evening peak hour traffic. Room amenities were great, all the necessary stuff like hot drinks, mini-bar, large walking area for both the room and bathroom. The shower area has a rain-shower plus separate shower head, with a open-concept (never got my head around that thing). Toilet was in a separate cubicle. Very clean, neat and tidy, even under the bed was good. Overall: 5/5.

Internet connectivity is complimentary. Connectivity is via WIFI, enter your Room Number and password. You kinda need to call the reception to get your room password, apparently the default might be your Last Name or First Name, can't remember which. There's a also a LAN line which provides much faster access to the Internet as well. However, you can only connect 1 device at a time to either WIFI OR LAN. So what I did was to share the connection via LAN on my MBP via Airport Sharing to my iPhone and iPad. Novotel needs to sort that out because as business travelers of this day and age, we do travel with more than one device that requires Internet connectivity. Bit of a snag there, but otherwise quite alright.
Alternatively, you can get a Pre-Paid SIM card from local telcos at cheap rates, even with data, at the airport.
The network within Novotel Platinum BKK is an open network. Meaning you can see other computers or devices connected to the same network. Some poor dude in another room accidentally AirPlay-ed his entire iPad screen to my MBP while I was working halfway. Might need a little fix on their security protocols there.

Beds and linen were comfy. Sleep quality was great as well, silent aircon, but potentially chilly at night if you set it too low. I woke up on the first day thinking I was in Siberia, and that was only 20 degrees Cel.

TV was good, lots of channels both local, international and cable. But didn't have a change to gauge it's quality because of work. Working space is relatively okay, enough for a laptop, ext desktop HDD and several other paperwork docs.

The in-room safe can be locked via swiping a card, which is good for people like me who have problems remembering impromptu numbers like this.

Mini-bar drinks can be a little pricey, but then again it's a hotel. There's a supermarket "Big C" across the river from the hotel if you need groceries. 2 bottles of complimentary water are provided daily, which is great.

Daily breakfast is awesome. Great spread of a variety of foods. Largely American breakfast with ham, cheese, cereals, breads, croissants, coffee, tea, juices, sausages etc. There's also a congee station and a noodle soup station. Both of which I've tried on various days, and both very nice too.
Alternatively, there's a McDonalds just downstairs if you need a more familiar taste of food for breakfast or supper. Think it's non-halal though, saw something like a "Pork Samurai Burger" if my eyes weren't fooling me.

Staff at the first-floor welcome area were nice too. The pick up area is small, but at least the staff help you to stay dry when getting into cars and vans. It's quite oddly located too because many would think that it's a walking area instead of a road. The entrance faces the traffic junction, but with no direct road access to said junction. Hence the small pick-up area.

The staff at the main reception on the 6th floor were courteous and friendly too, regardless of time of day. My colleague and I had problems topping up our pre-paid telco cards so the staff helped us with it, with no complaints, with a smile, even past midnight.

The Platinum Lounge is a nice upbeat modern chillout place. Small live band playing slow hits fills the great atmosphere. No jazzy or crazy karaoke singing too. Not loud, which is good for people taking a chill or having a business discussion. The food, cocktails and mocktails are great too. Onion rings are a must-try. Haven't had one of those freshly skinned onion rings for a while.

I however did not use the hotel's own business meeting rooms or halls. No reviews on that.

One small complaint:
Was out for a couple of hours for dinner on the 3rd night. Came back to the toilet cubicle smelling of cigarette smoke. Now, I don't smoke, and I don't know who accessed my room. But nothing was missing or out of place, and only the cubicle was affected, the shower and toilet area was fine.
I hope it's not a staff who's desperate for a smoke break. But it might help if Novotel had some sort of protocol with employees taking smoke breaks in the rooms of their guests.

Overall, it's an Accor Hotel. Maintains it's standard, great service, great staff. And the location is like icing on the cake. Relatively accessible via the chartered van we hired, close to the highway to the airport.
It's a Novotel, I'm sure you can be assured of it's standards it holds. Though a little pricey I believe, about USD160 a night during peak periods. But other than that, great place to stay in.

Room Tip: Rooms get a little chilly at night. Doesn't matter which rooms you get cos you kinda get a nice...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear iUnspoken,

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel as the hotel of choice and for having taking time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor relating to your recent stay at Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

It will be a great pleasure to share your comments to the entire team and I am sure this will be a great motivation to them. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed eating at

In regards to our WIFI system in the rooms, we do provide a closed network which ensures the security for our guests is given. It is not possible to see other computers. Additional at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel it is possible to use several devices at the same time in the rooms. Therefore it is possible for our business guests or for a family to enjoy our free WIFI (LAN cable) in the room independent on the amount of devices used in the room.

We really appreciate your feedback and every issue you raised we will look into. Attention to detail is very important to us. Direct steps for improvement will be taken wherever necessary in the areas highlighted.

Again many thanks and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

All the best wishes for Christmas and Happy New Year 2013!

with my warmest personal regards,

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Had a stay for 3 nights here, generally the environment of hotel is new & feel comfy. Located beside Platinum Fashion Mall and within walking distance to other malls is convenient to shopaholic . However , nearest BTS(Siam station) would took 15-20 min of walking distance which might a bit inconvenience after the whole day hustle. If
Money would not an issue, cab will be easily get infront of hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Lawrencesssss,

Thank you very much for the time you took to leave an review of our hotel.

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our facilities at the hotel. It is most rewarding for us and our Team Member to get such a nice feedback and it encourages us to continue with our work and efforts.
Again many thanks and we sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back here at the Novotel Bangkok Platinum Hotel.

All the best wishes for Christmas and Happy New Year 2013!

Kind regards,

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam? Share your experiences!