“Excellent hotel in a great shopping location!” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Grand Tepanyaki&Salad Bar
Ranked #114 of 764 Hotels in Bangkok
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent hotel in a great shopping location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great points:
-Its just right beside new and old platinum wholesale centre!! You can shop till you drop!

-Beautiful and sparkling clean rooms that provides daily housekeeping service!! The bed is just right for me and the nice soft pillowS that gives me a comfortable night till the dawn breaks...

-The pool is wow! Great scenery! Words cant describe the relaxing feeling up at the pool level..Great view in the gym room too!!

-Wide spread for buffet breakfast. My package includes the daily breakfast but i notice that there are some new dishes everyday. They have the normal chinese porridge and american breakfast variety as well as omelette corner where you can choose the fillings you want. They also have a wide choices of yummy pastries. I think the pastries are really tasty. Dont give it a miss!!

-The staffs there are very friendly & helpful which they let us sense a strong welcome feeling. They hav a very strong wifi signal which is a PLUS point as it enable us to do some last minute research for our next destination! Please remember to get the username and password when you check in. And when you open up the webby you need to select 'internet plan' option to key in your username and password.

-Dont be afraid that you will starve during late night as there is a 24 hr macdonalds right below the hotel. I heard from a cabby mentioning to us that the chicken rice stall near to the hotel which is across the road and along the mainroad is worth a try too..! But i didnt have time to try it..

Boo points:
-We call the housekeeping for more shampoo and bottle water but we waited till next day and it still hasnt arrive.Perhaps you should try to keep calling again if you need anything urgently...

But overall the stay is still very good!! Will visit here again..

Ps: I'm quite particular on hotel stay esp the room and toilet cleaniness.....

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Check in: Waited for abit but the wait time was generally acceptable and the welcome drink was yummy!

Room: Very nice (as per depicted in website), very comfortable and big enough for 2 pax with more than enough space for accumulated shopping bags. It has certainly lived up to my expectations!

Hotel staff: Very friendly, smiley, and ever ready to help. *thumbs up*

Location: Fantastic - it's just next to platinum, has Mcdonald's, Dunkin Donuts, Baskin Robins and other cafes/eateries just downstairs. The only downside is if u cab alot, be prepared to be stuck in jams (common in the central bkk areas).

It was a truly delightful 3 nights stay, I will most definitely return, and recommend this hotel to friends visiting Bangkok.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The concierge and front desk staff were extremely helpful, always checking if they can assist you in any other matters (i.e. recommendations, help with baggage, taxis, etc.)

The room was gorgeous, though half of the plug points weren't working however I'm fine with that because the condition and cleanliness of the room compensated for it in leaps and bounds.

The hotel has a "green" initiative where only towels left on the floor will be replaced. However despite us hanging up our towels at the proper place, they replaced all the towels daily anyway. A bit of a waste, however I understand that they are just trying to make sure everyone is always kept happy with the service they provide.

I have noted a few bad reviews for this hotel where people have complained of missing valuables. However in our experience, the hotel appears to take security very seriously. My roommate accidentally forgot to lock the safe after placing her valuables inside. The hotel staff emptied the safe for safe keeping with the duty manager once they noticed the safe was unlocked.

The duty manager then left us a message to collect the valuables from him once we return to the hotel, to which he expressed that it is of the utmost importance for us to ensure the valuables are kept safe.

We were provided free wifi and breakfast, which is super convenient. Breakfast is quite the standard fare and as expected of a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

When my fiancee and myself stayed @ this place, chose this place because of the LOCATION!

It is just situated above Platinum Mall's new wing and a 1min walk to the old wing. there is a direct escalator that leads directly to the mall. Lobby is not at the ground floor though but that is of a small issue. You have baskin robbins, McDonald's just downstairs, but hey! all these are comfort food, if you are in Thailand, you should just eat their food.

Rooms are comfortable, though mine was a weird layout due to a full house, so we had the corner room. However, the beds were soft & comfy, pillow were fluffy and rooms were clean.

Staff were indeed friendly except for one of the welcoming party who made a big hoo-haa on why me being an Accor Advantage Plus member would choose to book though a travel agency. It was kind of embarrassing.

Other than that, it was a enjoyable stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Service.

My family and I stay in this hotel from the 29th Aug 2012 to 2nd Sept 2012. I book a total of 3 rooms and requested for late check out if its possible on my departure day, I have mention that I would like to have at least one room for late check out, out of the 3 rooms I have booked. To my disappointment, when I check with the reception on saturday night, I was being told that they can only extend one of the room from 12pm to 1pm, when what I wanted was till at least 3pm or 4pm. The staff at the reception mentioned that they are fully booked for the next day and I can only checked out latest by 1pm for only one of the 3 rooms. The other 2 had to be checked out by 12pm. I had no choice but to accept it since it was fully booked. But after checking with the staff again to see if I had any chance of securing a late check-out, I was being told I can check out at 6pm but I had to pay 1.9k++ baht for a half day charge. I reply, "No thank you" and I went back to my room.

I would say my stay at this hotel is fairly enjoyable till I was being told that:

The hotel is fully-booked and is unable to let me do a late check-out just for ONE room despite the fact that I had already booked 3 rooms for 4nights. But the FACT is, I can only enjoy late check-out if only I am willing to fork out another 1.9k++ Baht for a half day charge.

Location.
This hotel is situated at an ideal location for shopaholic. Platinum mall is just next door and Pratanum wholesale market is just across the street. You can always return to your hotel to unload your loots and continue shopping after that. It is also minutes away from Central world and a short walk from Siam Paragon. There is a 24hours MCD next to the hotel entrance, you can always get food at anytime of the day.

Breakfast.
The breakfast spread is very limited. Egg station is placed at a very inconvenient position. People is able just cut queues easily as the sausages are placed right infront of the egg station, and each morning, you see alot of people crowding over that area, making it really troublesome even if you just want sausages and not scrambled eggs.

I visited bangkok annually and the purpose of the trip is always to "shop till I drop". I choose this hotel because its new and its convenient for shopping. But the service I encounter from the reception will make me think twice about coming back here. I have always stay in Amari Watergate previously, and breakfast and service is definitely better.

Verdict: If i had a late departure flight, I will not choose this hotel.
Otherwise, the location is awesome.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sagar N, General Manager at Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review about Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

I do understand that you had requested a late departure and we were only able to extend a 1pm extension without charge. I am sorry we could not extend any further without charge.

We do try and check our guests in as soon as we have the rooms available. As you can see from several tripadvisor reviews, we understand that guests have travelled for many hours to reach us and would like the comfort of their room as soon as possible. Especially on days that we are full, we need to prepare these rooms for arriving guests.

What we can offer is to store your luggage throughout the day with our concierge team and also offer you access to the fitness facilities for the rest of the day, so if you would like to refresh in the afternoon before leaving for the airport, it is possible to do on our 9th floor.

While i understand your disappointment in not receiving a late checkout, I hope these can be considered as suitable complimentary alternatives.

We are also making some adjustments to our Breakfast Buffet in order to ease the bottleneck around the live egg station. We believe this will help the flow around our Buffet area in the mornings.

We hope that we have the opportunity to serve you better in the future and I look forward to welcoming you back soon to Novotel Bangkok Platinum.

Best wishes

Sagar
Sydney, Aust
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

We checked into this hotel 2 nights ago and we are staying for 5 nights in a club suite. Check in was terrific but due to a traffic hold up we arrived just after 7pm and we were told we could not be offered anything to eat or have an alcoholic drink as the club lounge ceases to serve these after 7. Our suite is truly lovely and a couple of special touches were there for our anniversary celebration.

Although the staff in the club lounge are truly delightful and so very helpful, we are finding the reception staff quite unfriendly and very un-Thai like (no smiles).

The club lounge is open from 9am to 11pm each day and although you can access it during this time for coffee, tea or soft drinks, there are absolutely no "nibblies" to have before 5pm, not any nuts or crackers even. We have stayed in many, many other hotel club rooms and they all have these things there to have with your coffee etc if you wish. The Siam Novotel does have this and we much prefer to have that.

We are looking forward to spending a couple more days here as the location is very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Great location, near various malls. Clean rooms, modern design, comfortable bed and fast wifi. Bathroom doesn't have a bath rub, but it's has amazing rain shower.
Overall location is fastastic, good value.

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam? Share your experiences!