“Good service, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn

Save Saved
You added Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn to your Saves list
Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33/1 South Sathorn Road | Yannawa, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Ranked #10 of 750 hotels in Bangkok
Hong Kong, China
“Good service, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Easy to get to - if you are coming from the airport take the train (city line or airport express line) to Phaya Thai. At Phaya Tai take the BTS to Siam staton, change at Siam to the Silom Line and go to Surasak station and you are there, the hotel is directly accessible from the BTS station via a footbridge, so easy and convenient. Hotel staff are very polite and friendly, Superior Room is good with all the things you expect - aircon, safe, hairdryer, minibar, tea & coffee making facilities, international electrical sockets, free wifi (multiple devices), flatscreen TV etc. Bed is big and comfortable, room is quiet. Bathroom is spacious with large shower (no bath). Breakfast is pretty good with western and Asian dishes with omelettes cooked to order, fresh fruit selection could have been better. The Surasak BTS station is just two stops from the nightlife of Silom but the BTS service ends at midnight so you have to find another way back; it's too far to walk. Apart from taxis, tuk tuks are a popular choice or if you are feeling brave ride pillion on a motorbike (there are many riders waiting to take you) - 80 baht from Silom to the hotel and an exhilarating experience. The TukTuk drivers were asking 300 baht but would take you for 200 or less. So, a recommended hotel with good service in a relatively quiet area but close to more livelier parts of Bangkok.

1,712 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed at the executive floor and this gave me a new favorite hotel in Bangkok.
The extra money paid for the executive floors seems to be well used money. Good value.

The room is very nice and the bed is extraordinarily nice.
For me as a experienced traveller I have started to value good solutions and lots of 220V outlets.
At Eastin they have made it soo easy to connect your laptop, iPad, iPhone and everything else with the everywhere available electrical outlets. Thank you so much for that.

The staff is enormously friendly and helpful and keeps smiling all the time.

The evening cocktail contained a very nice selection of hors d´oeuvres and of course wine, cocktails etc. The view from level 32 is nice and the nice furnitures makes it look very smart and it is indeed very comfortable to spend some time at the executive lounge.

The breakfast in the lounge is a little simple but contains all the normal breakfast food you expect. In case one wants more selections you can instead have the breakfast at the 5th floor.

The pool area was also nice. Very easy to access and with a nice view over Bangkok. If wanted you can also order drinks here and lay down in small cosy 2-person houses.

The direct access to the Skytran BTS gives you a super easy travel opportunity to Suvarnabhumi airport via Airport Link at Phaya Thai or all the shopping malls.

The complimentary internet works everywhere in the hotel, is really fast and connects immediately when you open your device. Good!

And finally: no stupid joiner fees in case you bring a night guest. Good!

I will definitely plan to stay here on my next visit to Bangkok. Good work Eastin!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Just came back from spending about a week at this hotel and loved it. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly from the moment I arrived until the moment I left. Every one was all smiles and very willing to help out with anything. As for the room itself, I stayed in one of the executive deluxe rooms. The room was a decent size, the bed very comfortable, however, the show stopper was the bathroom - wow. It was seriously the biggest bathroom I have ever seen in a hotel with a luxurious soaking tub and the largest shower stall (well room really) I have ever seen. You could have easily fit ten people in there (not that I tried haha). I almost wish the bathroom was a little smaller and the room larger, but it was still very comfortable. The only thing I would comment on is that the storage was a little limited. I was traveling alone, so I had no difficulty storing my luggage in my room, but if there were two or three people traveling with suitcases, it might get a little difficult to store the suitcases without having them in the middle of the room.

The breakfast was phenomenal. Definitely a lot of selection. I don't really understand the reviews that complain about the breakfast - there was plenty of choice, and the hot dishes changed daily. I also had the option of having breakfast upstairs in the executive lounge but I chose to eat downstairs every day. I did go to the happy hour in the executive lounge and was really blown away. The selection of food far exceeded what I was expecting, and changed daily. The drinks were also great, and they were very generous with serving the drinks. You could easily have dinner there, but I always left room to have the incredible street food in Bangkok.

The bridge connecting to the BTS was very convenient. It was just a short walk over the bridge to hop on the BTS and head anywhere in Bangkok. The river was also only one stop away which was very convenient to get to some of the tourist sites. I did enjoy the swimming pool as well. I thought it was a little small and there was not a lot of seating given the size of the hotel, however, if you went early, you could get one of the prime seats next to the pool.

Regarding the hotel location (immediate vicinity around the hotel), I feel some people may like it, others not so much. There wasn't a whole lot happening near the hotel, so you had to take the train to another area if you were looking for street food, or markets, etc. I took the BTS two stops up to Sala Daeng to get my fix of nightlife. However, if you took a short walk from the the hotel, you would find some lovely little restaurants that served delicious spicy and cheap food that catered to the locals, and a fabulous massage place that I went to daily for a very cheap but good massage (under $10 for an hour). I actually loved that you could venture into "local Bangkok" from the hotel, but if you are looking for touristy glitz you will be disappointed.

My one little complaint about the staff, and honestly, I find this at most hotels, is that they tend to steer you towards tourist places when asking them for recommendations of food, shopping, etc. When asking them for a place to eat that would be more authentic and cater to locals, I was always steered to some of the touristy shopping centers which really wasn't what I was looking for. I would recommend you research online about specific places you want to go and then ask them for directions to that place.

Overall I was very pleased with my stay at this property and would happily go back next time I travel to Bangkok. I highly recommend staying here!

Milwaukee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Booked this hotel one month before traveling to Thailand to meet my daughter. Not knowing the city at all, this hotel was absolutely perfect for us. It was very easy for my daughter to find the hotel as she was arriving before me, and the staff was courteous, professional and very accommodating allowing her to check in before me.The location on the skytrain meant that we never had to worry about where we were located, or directions for a cab. We were upgraded to the 25th floor upon my daughters arrival and enjoyed beautiful views of the river and Bangkok skyline. The room was spacious and new. The complimentary breakfast was a delight each morning, and the pool is a must. We had the most relaxing afternoon and evening lounging here enjoying cocktails and appetizers. Do not leave without spending just a bit of time here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at this hotel for 3 days. It was a fantastic experience! A summary as follows:

PROS
- Amazing location. It's connected to Surasak BTS station. You can get from the airport to hotel in 45min for <100THB! The hotel also has packages where you can get a daily BTS day pass included with your room rate. As far as I know, this is the only hotel directly connected to BTS.
- Delicious breakfast. Available from 0600-1100. It includes western style food (omelette to order, bacon, sausage, pancakes, toast, muffins, cereals, fresh fruit) and Asian style too (congee, noodles, fried rice, meat dishes, fish balls, dim sum).
- Comfortable room with detailed climate control. Great bed, bathrobe and slippers provided to wear in room.
- Room service: varied menu, prompt delivery, and tasty food too! Front desk calls after food is delivered to ensure everything is OK.
- Thoughtful service. We were here for our honeymoon and were greeted in out room with a decorated cupcake and cute towel-swans with flowers. We had an early morning flight and a breakfast box (juice boxes and pastries) was packed for us.

CONS
- Pillows: very, very soft! We called to see if there were other options, but unfortunately not.

All in all, I would absolutely stay at this hotel again!

Stayed January 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights at the start of a 3 week long trip to Thailand and struggled to find any fault with the place.

What you are getting here is value for money. Are there more luxurious hotels in Bangkok? yes probably but be prepared to pay through the nose for them. We had a room on the executive floor facing the river and executive access itself was worth its weight in gold. The food offered during the happy hour and complimentary drinks were well worth it and meant that there was no rush to get out and eat at night.

The location is ideal and the dedicated access to the BTS makes it very easy to get to most places in the city and to/from the airport via the airport express. The hotel is also very close to the river express boats making access to the main old town tourist attractions very easy.

Staff on the executive level (you get your own concierge desk) were extremely helpful and more than happy to assist in restaurant bookings etc etc. In addition, the hotel had an impressive pool area, albeit a bit busy when it comes to getting a bed. However, we spent the majority of our time exploring Bangkok so it wasn't too much of an issue. As it was a trip to celebrate my wife's birthday, the hotel also delivered a small birthday cake which was a nice touch.

All in all. An impressive hotel at an even more impressive price. Would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Executive floor is a must Try and get a room facing the river for great views.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

Good value for money. Rail at the door. Executive floor corner room fantastic and bathroom amazing.
The food in executive lounge was very good. Breakfast was also good but food sometimes arrived cold. Staff were very good and we felt very welcome at all times. Would stay again.

Room Tip: We upgraded to executive floor and had a lovely large corner room with an amazing bathroom. I think...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn? Share your experiences!