“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn

Save Saved
You added Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn to your Saves list
Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33/1 South Sathorn Road | Yannawa, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Ranked #9 of 746 hotels in Bangkok
Lisbon, Portugal
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

great room, with a wonderful view over the city. the staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast was flawless. Despite being somewhat far from the city center, the skytrain made everything easier. Overall, a great place to stay!

ps: the pool is awesome!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

1,498 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The rooms are very well appointed and have excellent view. We stayed in the 21st floor and had view of the river, BTS and other tall towers... The bed was big and comfortable.
In all my travelling, Eastin Grand had the widest spread of breakfast. The food included all the typical continental stuff (bread, egg, cereal, fruits, juices etc), hot thai food (spring rolls, rice, spicy bean sprouts), Dimsums, Japanese food (though I din try)... Despite our vegetarian restrictions, we had very good choice and thoroughly enjoyed the food.
Access to sky train was the biggest factor that drew us to this hotel and in hindsight, it was a very good decision. There was no need to step on the road at all, most of the tourist places (Malls, Siam Sq etc) were connected by sky train. The river is just one stop away and was very convenient to visit Grand Palace, reclining Buddha and Wat Arun.

Room Tip: Go for the higher floors, the view is just amazing...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I were at the Eastin for almost a week in Mid-May. The hotel was fantastic. We arrived several hours before check-in time so we went up to the pool and changed in the change rooms. The view from the infinity pool was fantastic and it was great to just relax after a very long trip. The hotel room was perfect, everything is clean and professional. The food was great, though over-priced. One of the best features of this hotel is that you can catch the skytrain from the 3rd floor. Can't get more convenient than that. it was super easy to get around and a very short trip to the river. The staff was super helpful, and the taxi cab driver (Bas) was amazing and funny. He drove us to several places, including to the ferry for Koh Sumet, a few hours away. The hotel takes safety very seriously. All taxi cabs that work for the hotel get screened and they all have GPS in their cabs. In case the driver diverges from the trip you should be on, the hotel will contact them to inquire. We didn't feel unsafe throughout our trip in Thailand. When we go back, Eastin will be our choice again. The only other downside is that there isn't much around the hotel if you want to walk around. Again though, you can easily take the skytrain to wherever you want to go. We also booked a private tour (floating market, train market, elephant ride) through the hotel, which was perfect as well. Perfect hotel! Thank you!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked the hotel just for one night but after seeing the room and the infinity swimmingpool... I booked immediatly for 4 nights more.
Just Whaow!
What a great place with great views from the room and offcourse from the pool.
Breakfast and and pool snacks from the Luce restaurant are fine.
Staff is friendly. Just a great place to stay. 5* but in a mellow admosphere. Just Whaow!

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

this hotel is a perfect way to escape the crowds in busy Bangkok , it's own skybridge from the BTS one stop to the river , just a few to the amazing siam shopping centers
breakfast here has to be seen to be believed ( sushi anyone !) from the minute you enter the door you are treated like royalty ,nothing is too much trouble . the infinity pool is an absolute hi-light , try and grab a pod in the water if you can for the best views

Room Tip: 1923 was very quiet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Eastin Grand is nice 4 to 5 star hotel in BKK. The rooms are very nice so is the pool. The breakfast is average but included. The hotel is located close to the Lebua State tower, which is great if one is interested in visiting the Sirocco Bar. It also features direct access to the mono-rail, which allows for quick access to some major attractions in BKK. We will definately stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Haarlem
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Not much good to say on this hotel except maybe that it is very conveniently located.
But I am really struggeling to find more positive points. After check in in an "executive" room (top few floors) the room smelled distinctively of cigarettes although I specifically asked for a non smoking room. The room they wanted to change me to had the same smell but they had tried to mask it with an aerosol spray just before they took me there, this made things even worse. The third room I was shown was moderately better but still had a weird odour.

Then I recieved a letter in which management apologised for the fact that the ececutive priviledges I had paid for were not what I expected. The ececutive lounge on the 32 floor would not be open during the day but only during "cocktail hour" (from 1730 till 1930) in stead I could always have a drink in the "shizzles bar" which is a fancy way of saying to have a free drink in an incredibly busy lobby in stead of in a quiet lounge. Not good.

After that things just went downhill. My room was cleaned but sheets not changed, or it was not cleaned at all though I had called in the early morning and requested them to clean before 13:00 since I was going to be back at that hour.
Then the "cocktail hour" I referred to: yesterday the food that was there was stone cold (cold deepfried calamari? Really?) and today it was just so busy that after i arrived approximately 1 hour into the cocktail hour there was no food left.

So really if you go and stay in this hotel, do not think about getting an executive room it is NOT worth it. Prices should be cut down by at least 25% to be more near the mark.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
EGS_General_Manager, Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear S_G49,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

May I begin by thanking you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at Eastin Grand. I can assure you that your candid feedback is greatly appreciated and, to ensure that other guests enjoy their time while with us, your comments will be investigated fully and immediate action taken to rectify matters where necessary.

I would like to offer my sincere apologies that your stay did not live up to your expectations as we pride ourselves on the reputation we have garnered since we opened. I hope that the arrangement we came to after receiving word of your dissatisfaction went in some way to express our regret about your experience as it seemed acceptable at the time but has not been mentioned in your review.

If I may be allowed to address some of the issues you raised.

We only have a single smoking floor (the 17th ) therefore there should be no aroma of tobacco on any of the other floors, especially on the high floor where your room was situated. Of course it is unfortunate that some guests in non-smoking rooms choose not to respect the hotel policy over this matter and we will investigate why there was an aroma in the room you occupied including the “weird” smell you mentioned.

I would like to politely correct you regarding the operation of the Executive Lounge and offer my further apologies if the hours of opening were misunderstood in some way. At the moment we are undertaking some essential maintenance on the floor above the Executive Lounge. So as to keep disruption and disturbance to an absolute minimum we have closed the Executive Lounge during the day to allow the contractors to carry out their job when most of our guests are out of the hotel sightseeing or on business. The Lounge is open as per normal for breakfast from 6 – 10 a.m. and from 5.30-10 p.m. A full complimentary open bar, cocktails and snacks are available in the Lounge from 5.30 -7.30 p.m. also as per normal and then Executive Level guests are welcome to relax in the Lounge until 10 p.m.

I was extremely concerned to learn about your experiences with the room cleanliness, food availability and food temperature and have instructed my Director of Housekeeping and Executive Chef to ascertain the problems and take swift action over these incidents.

I regret that you felt that paying the extra for the Executive Level benefits was not worth it as, despite the ongoing maintenance and the necessity of closing the Lounge during the day, we have received extremely positive feedback from our guests who understand the reasoning behind our actions and still consider what is on offer to be very good value for money.

May I end by saying that I hope my explanations go some way to alleviating your disappointment regarding your concerns over your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future where we will have another chance to show you why Eastin Grand is so well regarded in the Bangkok’s deluxe hotel sector.

Yours sincerely,

Patrick Manthe
Hotel Manager

Been to Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn? Share your experiences!