“Time out in Bangkok” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn

You added Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn to your Saves list
Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   33/1 South Sathorn Road | Yannawa, Sathon, Bangkok 10120, Thailand   |
Ranked #8 of 766 Hotels in Bangkok
4.5 of 5 stars 2,274 Reviews
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Time out in Bangkok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very good value for a 4* hotel. Paid approx £80 a ight for a large room with anexcellent shower cubicle in the bathroom. Charming staff. Fantastic brakfast buffet included in room price. Lovely infinity pool on the 14th floor. Narrow, but long. Hotel adjoins skytrain, so very convenient for getting around Bangkok.

Dinner, drinks and snacks rather expensive, so make alternative plans to eat out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Leverkusen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have just returned from a three night stay at the Eastin Grand hotel and was really pleased with the whole experience. The friendly reception at check in was very efficient and I was soon on my way to my spacious room on the 24th floor with great views over the city. The king size bed was huge and the room had all the mod cons you'd except from a hotel of this class. Internet connection was trouble free - both by cable and WLAN. I had dinner once on the premises - the international buffet was truly superb. The sushi and other oriental offerings were particularly delicious. Thoroughly recommendable. Breakfast took place in the same restaurant & was also super with plenty of choice and sufficient space to handle the "traffic" both of the business people early in the morning or the more touristy clientle later. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and I felt like I was returning to a quiet, elegant and, above all cool oasis after the heat and hubbub of the city at the end of each day.
I found the location to be particularly convenient. I could walk to the offices of my company and made full use of the Sky Train in the evenings. I really liked the gesture of offering three free one day passes to use on the very handy Sky Train. The station can be reached by a walkway from the third floor and is on the same line as the infamous Pat Pong area and the superb Siam Paragon shopping mall and cinema complex.
Next time I'll try to find some spare time to visit the pool - I missed it completely on this busy trip :-(

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the upper floors for the superb views.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

We were extremely pleased with the hotel. It´s really close to BTS train station and river, where you can take a boat to the temple area. BTS is a best way to move, as traffic is terrible and there is air con. Rooms were really nice and clean and service at all times impeccable.

Excellent restaurants and really nice breakfast.

When I come back to Bangkok, I definetely consider staying here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been in Bangkok countless times and have stayed in many five star hotels. Although the average is very good, I have never stayed at a hotel in Bangkok where there is NOT ONE SINGLE THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT! We arrived in a big group of friends and family but they handled the check-in very quickly and smoothly. We got a great room with an excellent view. The rooms were really modern and clean, we especially liked the top modern, spacious bathroom. The bed was very comfortable.

The pool area was nice with an infinity pool and great view of the city, although maybe there were quite few sun beds compared to the number of rooms and guests.

The best part was that there was a separate walking bridge from the Skytrain directly into the hotel. It's so easy getting around on the Skytrain instead of getting stuck in traffic in a taxi. We usually stay in Sukhumvit, but I actually think this was a better location as it's both easy to get into the city for shopping and it's still super close to the river with all the famous luxury hotels, river boats, Asiatique and other places.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We basically selected a Bangkok hotel at random from a number of what seemed like promising choices. We were extremely pleased with this place. Service was excellent, the rooms were great, the open air pool and lounge was awesome, and the proximity to the SkyTrain was probably the most outstanding feature. If I come back to Bangkok I would definitely stay here again.

One minor point of contention: we grew to distrust the concierge service/bell staff during our short stay. On the way to the airport, for instance, the bellman suggested I pay the cab driver a flat fee of a 500 baht to get to BKK at 4am, even though in hindsight it was clear that was the wrong decision. The cab driver even had to cover up the meter with a washcloth because it obviously showed I was paying too much. Another time, en route to a Muay Thai fight, the concierge suggested we take a cab around 7pm, even though it became clear that was the wrong decision. Even the cab driver told us we made a bad choice.

Overall, this place is a tremendous value and I would highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
EGS_General_Manager, General Manager at Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear dmwhit,

Greetings from Eastin Grand Sathorn Bangkok.

It was a pleasure to read your exceedingly kind praise of our hotel on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back as our honored guest at the next available opportunity.

I am writing to you via Trip Advisor to express my deepest concern and offer my most heartfelt apologies regarding your experience with the taxis you used during your stay with us.

At Eastin Grand Sathorn we have a strict policy of only utilizing taxis who charge their fares according to the meter knowing full well the problems encountered by many visitors to Bangkok.

With regards to this is you could kindly find the time to contact me directly via gmadmin@eastingrandsathorn.com with any details you can provide regarding the dates and times of these incidents I will conduct an immediate full investigation and take swift action over this as any attempts by our staff to mislead our valued guests will simply not be tolerated.

I am glad these incidents did not mar your stay and rest assured I will be introducing measures to ensure they do not occur again.

May I end by saying it was a delight to serve you on this visit and as mentioned we look forward to the pleasure of your company again on your next trip to Bangkok.

Yours sincerely,

John Westoby
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had a 2 day treat with a friend at this hotel which is at a very convenient location and has it's own entrance to the Sarasak sky train. It was totally divine, the hotel, the staff, breakfast, room but most of all the infinity pool with amazing views of Bangkok. Nice lounging area with bar food so every evening we crashed there till late.
Breakfast was too much but all fresh and healthy and even at rush hour you had a table in 5 minutes.
Now it's back to the backpackers lifestyle for me!

• Stayed March 2013
London, uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed there only for couple of nights. Overall it is a very good place to stay. The pool is amazing but gets very busy and botany seats around. Breakfast is very good.
The best thing I liked about is that it is linked to BTS train, which is a blessing as Thailand can be hard to get around and specially with the heat. You can go straight into the hotel from train station.
Some minor issues which I feel can let it down a bit. Wifi did not work at all during our 4 night stay, staff didn't really help. Lifts are a bit slow. Otherwise it is a good place to stay.
Rooms are very clean, toilets are clean and very good. Overall a very nice place to stay

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Eastin Grand Hotel Sathorn? Share your experiences!